• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transferring deed title and reducing maintenance fees

duncmcelf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Vacation Villas, Playas de las Palmas Cocosunset
I was recently contacted by a company called Global Getaway Consultants who said they would essentially buy my two timeshare properties and replace my maintenance fees with what they called a reservation fee of $99.00 per year. They said they were affiliated with RCI and that RCI had decided to go to a point system approximately two years ago. For my $99.00 I would receive 10,000 points and I could purchase additional points at a cost of 1.5 cents per point. I would no longer be responsible legally for the deed or the maintenance fees. The transfer of deed would take place through a company called Step Zero. The cost was $13,400. The transaction and payments would be handled by American Express at 0% down and 0% interest so long as the payment of $150.00 was paid monthly with no missed payments. Has anyone heard of this company? They are going around to various cities and contacting timeshare owners. Am I being scammed?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

duncmcelf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you. We decided it was a scam and way too expensive!!

duncmcelf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It means to send a private message:

1) Click on the poster's blue user name
2) Click on "Start a Conversation"
3) Write a subject for your message in the first box
3) Write your message in the large box
4) Click "Start a Conversation" below the box, to send your private message

Centurion

Reaction score
If you are ok with paying a fee to get rid of your unit and associated fees I would suggest contacting your resort management and telling them you would be willing to pay a small 1-2 maintenance fee amount to deed it back to their inventory. You would be surprised to know that many associations will allow this. It is always best to try to sell your unit first here on Tug but if you must get rid of it and can pay a small fee - always go to the resort first. Best of luck to you.