• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer time of resale contract

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a resale contract through one of the trusted resale brokers listed on wmowners.com, Michael Dosh of Best Timeshare, on July 14 and the request was made to Worldmark on the same day. DocuSign was received on August 19. I received snail mail from Worldmark on August 29 and I got my account set up the same day. It took a total of 6 weeks and 4 days from start to finish. :)

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
I bought a resale contract through one of the trusted resale brokers listed on wmowners.com, Michael Dosh of Best Timeshare, on July 14 and the request was made to Worldmark on the same day. DocuSign was received on August 19. I received snail mail from Worldmark on August 29 and I got my account set up the same day. It took a total of 6 weeks and 4 days from start to finish. :)
Great news. I bought a resale contract about two weeks after you so hopeful to be on a similar timeline.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, when I tried to setup the account online yesterday, I was unable to do so successfully and had to make a phone call to an agent to complete the "activation". There was no wait time when I called twice yesterday. An agent had to update 3 systems with my email address in order to complete the activation. My second call was to clarify the policy on duplication reservations.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Great news. I bought a resale contract about two weeks after you so hopeful to be on a similar timeline.
You might want to temper your expectations so you aren't disappointed. My friend VacationForever had credits expiring about a week after they did the DocuSign so they received special 5 day processing. My experience below is likely more typical of the current processing speed.

Transfer request made 7/5, DocuSign 8/16 (three days before VF did theirs), transfer completed three weeks later on 9/6. Total transfer time was exactly 9 weeks, in line with the 9-10 week range my reseller said it was taking right now. Still better than the 3+ months it was taking not too long ago!

Last edited:

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm sure this is the more likely outcome. I'm in no hurry since I bought a stripped contract.

MCLRenoNV

Reaction score
We’re in the process of a transfer also. Transfer request was submitted to WM on 8/19/22. I’ll try to remember to post an update once the transfer has been completed.
We received our DocuSign today, 9/22/22. About 5 weeks from the date the Transfer request was submitted. The docs state up to another 30 days for the records to be updated, but the DocuSign came faster than we anticipated!

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
Submitted our Docusign earlier this week (received 9/1, but we were out of the country). We were told about 30 days to finalize as well so we will see. The contract is for 15,000 credits a year awarded each February and has 30,000 unused points from previous years (assuming from 2021 and 2022). What would be the deadline for using the 2021 credits? Just trying to figure out our options since we already have our vacations for 2022 scheduled through the end of the year. Can they be deposited to Interval (already have plenty of points in RCI from our HGVC units) and what would the deadline be to do that? We are new to Worldmark (purchased mainly for the West Coast Resorts) so wasn't sure if they will expire on the annual billing date or the end of the calendar year etc. Details of the contract below are in case it is helpful:

2022-09-22_14-12-01.png

Thanks!!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The 2021 Feb credits have an expiration of end of Feb of 2023. You may make a reservation before end of Feb 2023 for a reservation up until end Feb 2024. Be careful if you need to modify, i.e. cancel that reservation after Feb 2023. You will need to make another reservation at the same time when you cancel that reservation, otherwise you will lose the points.

You can deposit into II, based on points chart, to extend 2 years of use beyond Feb 2023.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 2021 Feb credits have an expiration of end of Feb of 2023. You may make a reservation before end of Feb 2023 for a reservation up until end Feb 2024. Be careful if you need to modify, i.e. cancel that reservation after Feb 2023. You will need to make another reservation at the same time when you cancel that reservation, otherwise you will lose the points.

You can deposit into II, based on points chart, to extend 2 years of use beyond Feb 2023.
I believe you could make a 13-month reservation for your 2021 credits by the end of February 2023 which means through end of March 2024.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Just be sure if you do need to change or cancel that reservation to call in, and have THEM do it for you. If you do it, the points will disappear, and you'll have nothing.

Dave

joyjoy617

Reaction score
We received our DocuSign today, 9/22/22. About 5 weeks from the date the Transfer request was submitted. The docs state up to another 30 days for the records to be updated, but the DocuSign came faster than we anticipated!
Do you know how the owner sent the transfer request? Is it just an email or forms

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you know how the owner sent the transfer request? Is it just an email or forms
DocuSign is an online document program. They email you a link to you document. I was told that after you sign electronically they will send you information via mail a few weeks after you sign. I'm at this stage - waiting for the mail verification from WorldMark to arrive.

joyjoy617

Reaction score
DocuSign is an online document program. They email you a link to you document. I was told that after you sign electronically they will send you information via mail a few weeks after you sign. I'm at this stage - waiting for the mail verification from WorldMark to arrive.
Owner called the title company. Verified that the request was received with payment 9/20 but still waiting for the docusign still seems like it’s taking about 4-6 weeks for the docusign to come in I’m only 2 weeks in but it feels like forever. Docusign plus more wait. How long did you wait for the docusign?

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Owner called the title company. Verified that the request was received with payment 9/20 but still waiting for the docusign still seems like it’s taking about 4-6 weeks for the docusign to come in I’m only 2 weeks in but it feels like forever. Docusign plus more wait. How long did you wait for the docusign?
People have been averaging 5 weeks to get DocuSign, then another 3 weeks after to get account changed.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On 7/25 the transfer requst was sent to WM title services. I got my docusign on 9/16. My agent said it takes 4-8 weeks and it did come in that time frame. It goes to the buyer after the seller has completed thier docusign portion.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend sent in the necessary purchase paperwork to the broker on August 2 and he is still waiting for his Docusign. I told him 6 weeks but sounds like it may be 7 weeks. He is going to start checking his spam mail next week to make sure it does not end up there. He is anxious.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi with all of this said.Can any one tell us why so long.
Most Of all the process is electronically done.
No one gets payed until the purchase is complete.
You would think that the process would transfer much faster.

Last edited: