• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer of Title - Bluegreen Points

dcooper47

TUG Member
Reaction score
:crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: :crash: Transfer of Title - Bluegreen Points

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am selling Bluegreen Points - 6000, deeded to The Fountains Resort in Orlando. I bought it in 2006 for $11,750 and am now selling it for $1.00

Bluegreen says if I sell through their resale company, pinnaclevacations.com to sell the points, then my purchaser will continue to enjoy the benefits of the VIP Program, Bonus Points, and Traveler Plus, and RCI membership. However, if I sell on my own, my purchaser loses all the added features, including RCI membership.

Pinnacle ackowledges that they set the price, and that only 5% of their listings actually sold in 2011. Why would I even consider that route? I made a blunder in purchasing at the price paid, in the beginning!

Also, they ask that to complete and submit a Title Change Form, that one use BXGTransfers@closemytimeshare.com (PCS Holdings). To transfer this title, it would cost $450 for a deeded property, which is what mine is.

Can I not get the transfer of title done cheaper, enough to satisfy the Bluegreen requirements?

Any advice on this whole issue?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

geekette

Reaction score
Sell it yourself, it could linger for a very long time w/ Pinnacle. Can't imagine you would care if your benefits transfer or not, that's not a reason to overprice and have it longer. There is zero reason for you to deal with Pinnacle.

The $450 sounds about right for the title transfer w/ Bluegreen. They only deal with certain companies and the cost does not vary. You can certainly confirm this via title dept @ Bluegreen but that's part of why I haven't dumped my x off the title yet.

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is no underlying deed, transfer fee is $250. Are you sure it is actually deeded, or is it only deed-referenced for inventory purposes?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
More specificaly

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forums/showthread.php/90249-about-buying-points

3) You can make a purchase from an authorized reseller. If you do, then you get all the VIP/Premier features that they offer you at the resort. It costs a lot less than full retail and you get the same benefits. There are only a small number of things you don't get like a free binder, some RCI certificates for last call vacations, 4000 anniversary points and a charter member certificate. Otherwise, you still get unlimited bonus time, Traveler Plus with Select Connections and Premier if you have enough points.

4) You make a purchase from anyone else. These are resale purchases from a non-authorized reseller or directly from an owner. These points do not count toward VIP or Premier benefits.

Given the above. Here are the rules for combinations:

1) Anyone who makes any purchase of a Bluegreen points package in any way is entitled to a complimentary RCI account. That is a privilege you receive for paying annual dues of $129 per year.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I went through PCS holdings to purchase a bluegren property (not vacation club) and it did cost $450 or $495. But when the HOA was selling the same UDI's , they managed to keep the closing costs at $250. ws surprised when i got title insurance, and of course I got charged for that. Yes, Bluegreen will withhold some benefits if yuo don't go thru Pinnacle, but if you sell to someone who already owns Bluegreen Vacation Club they already have some of those benefits. by the way, the closing took almost 6 months thru PCS.

lindner

TUG Member
Reaction score
My advice would be to hang on to these points for a couple of years until the economy recovers and perhaps you can sell more easily. If you really need to unload now, I might be interested (PM me).

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
My advice would be to hang on to these points for a couple of years until the economy recovers and perhaps you can sell more easily. If you really need to unload now, I might be interested (PM me).

If they are not using the points or alternatively priced vacation accommodations, the Maintenance fees would exceed any fantasy appreciation

dcooper47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sell it yourself, it could linger for a very long time w/ Pinnacle. Can't imagine you would care if your benefits transfer or not, that's not a reason to overprice and have it longer. There is zero reason for you to deal with Pinnacle.

The $450 sounds about right for the title transfer w/ Bluegreen. They only deal with certain companies and the cost does not vary. You can certainly confirm this via title dept @ Bluegreen but that's part of why I haven't dumped my x off the title yet.

Geekette, my prospective purchaser is concerned about losing Travelers Plus.

dcooper47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went through PCS holdings to purchase a bluegren property (not vacation club) and it did cost $450 or $495. But when the HOA was selling the same UDI's , they managed to keep the closing costs at $250. ws surprised when i got title insurance, and of course I got charged for that. Yes, Bluegreen will withhold some benefits if yuo don't go thru Pinnacle, but if you sell to someone who already owns Bluegreen Vacation Club they already have some of those benefits. by the way, the closing took almost 6 months thru PCS.

Thanks Rapmark! What is HOA?

dcooper47

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Lindner! I do want to sell them now. I do have a friend who is interested but she got some misleading info from RCI and I have to resolve that first.

I will get back to you.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rent Share, Bluegreen told me the new purchaser would not be entitled to the Vacation Club Membership at $129 per year; therefore RCI membership would not be paid by them.

Who are these unauthorized sellers?

Not an owner or lurker

I would post your questions in the BG forum

geekette

Reaction score
Geekette, my prospective purchaser is concerned about losing Travelers Plus.

If they are already entitled to TP, they will not lose it. If they were hoping to get TP from you, then you have to go thru Pinnancle or BG itself, making it more expensive for them. You cannot transfer perks otherwise, just points ownership.

I believe that when they become a BG owner, the RCI membership is paid, do not listen to RCI on that, talk to Bluegreen. RCI reps are unlikely to be familiar enough with the different mini systems to provide accurate info. A BG points owner gets charged the annual club dues and the RCI membership is part of that. It should make no difference how one became a BG owner.

Option B for your buyer is for them to make the smallest point purchase possible later via BG or Pinnacle to get TP. I do not believe that they can get TP any other way.

Again, call Owner Services at Bluegeen, they should be able to tell you exactly what is what.

dcooper47

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is no underlying deed, transfer fee is $250. Are you sure it is actually deeded, or is it only deed-referenced for inventory purposes?

Gophesjo,
Thanks again! My Bluegreen Points are deed referenced and the fee is $250. I would not have even thought of this without your help.

dcooper47

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they are already entitled to TP, they will not lose it. If they were hoping to get TP from you, then you have to go thru Pinnancle or BG itself, making it more expensive for them. You cannot transfer perks otherwise, just points ownership.

I believe that when they become a BG owner, the RCI membership is paid, do not listen to RCI on that, talk to Bluegreen. RCI reps are unlikely to be familiar enough with the different mini systems to provide accurate info. A BG points owner gets charged the annual club dues and the RCI membership is part of that. It should make no difference how one became a BG owner.

Option B for your buyer is for them to make the smallest point purchase possible later via BG or Pinnacle to get TP. I do not believe that they can get TP any other way.

Again, call Owner Services at Bluegeen, they should be able to tell you exactly what is what.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks very much, Geekette! The Bluegreen rep. has confirmed everything that you have stated.

Centurion

Reaction score
The bluegreen points we have purchased all have had to go through PCH holdings. They do a good job. I have not purchased any through pinnacle.