• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer of RCI Points with PAHIO

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a question, or maybe a statement, in the Hawaii section on PAHIO resorts and the transfer of RCI Points memberships when a PAHIO timeshare is transferred to family or sold. The original poster stated that PAHIO did not allow the RCI Points membership to be transferred, but the next post said RCI "stepped in" to allow the transfers. It was suggested the question should be asked in this section for RCI's offical answer. Being a PAHIO owner I was very interested in this question and had not seen where any TUG members had followed up on this subject.
Thank you, Marty

ttt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see where Pahio has a choice. If the seller signed the Points MTA & the deedwork is completed & RCI gets its fees & Pahio gets it's transfer fee, I don't see any legal reason to deny the transfer.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
california-bighorn,

My understanding of the RCI Points program is that Points members who sell their timeshares may also transfer the Points membership via the Points MTA, which is submitted to RCI directly. I will verify that and let you know if there is anything different happening with Pahio.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I am curious whether you found out anything different with Pahio

We own at Pahio and have a week, not points. We are thinking of selling our week to buy a resale with points. I would be curious to know if Pahio is blocking the transfer of points because that seems none of their business. There are lots of points weeks for sale on various sites, so I am definitely watching for a clarifications on Pahio resorts and points transfers.

slabeaume

Reaction score
rickandcindy23 said:
We own at Pahio and have a week, not points. We are thinking of selling our week to buy a resale with points. I would be curious to know if Pahio is blocking the transfer of points because that seems none of their business. There are lots of points weeks for sale on various sites, so I am definitely watching for a clarifications on Pahio resorts and points transfers.

Can't answer about Pahio blocking transters, but Pahio does have First Right of Refusal---so if you find something for sale and it's not as high as they want, they'll refuse the sale to you and buy it themselves.

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
slabeaume said:
Can't answer about Pahio blocking transters, but Pahio does have First Right of Refusal---so if you find something for sale and it's not as high as they want, they'll refuse the sale to you and buy it themselves.

I know this is the Ask RCI forum, but I beg to differ the above comment unless PAHIO has changed this rule recently. Since we had the "ROFR" exercised on us with the Embassy Poipu week, I called PAHIO to see if they also participate in this. They've reassured me they DO NOT exercise this right. Needless to say, we got our Shearwater "weeks" timeshare at a very good price.

Okay. Back to the points scenario.....

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
thread opened re PAHIO and ROFR in Hawaii board

The PAHIO ROFR subject is interesting but probably does not belong in Ask RCI
I thought about which forum would be best and chose Hawaii over Buying & Selling. Hopefully, the link will work.
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=139469#post139469
I'm not sure if Madge confirmed the ability to transfer RCI points upon sale of a PAHIO unit. That subject seems valid for the Ask RCI forum.
Jack

slabeaume

Reaction score
bigeyes1 said:
I know this is the Ask RCI forum, but I beg to differ the above comment unless PAHIO has changed this rule recently. Since we had the "ROFR" exercised on us with the Embassy Poipu week, I called PAHIO to see if they also participate in this. They've reassured me they DO NOT exercise this right. Needless to say, we got our Shearwater "weeks" timeshare at a very good price.

Okay. Back to the points scenario.....

They told me it took affect in Jan. 2006. But---I did purchase another week at Pahio in 2005 and they added it to my points account. Last month they told me I wouldn't be able to get a deal like that anymore. When did you get your Shearwater week? I'd like to get another week, but believed what they told me.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
california-bighorn,

I am still working with all of the parties involved in this issue. Sorry for the delay - I'll follow up as soon as I can provide a solid response!

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
california-bighorn,

I was able to verify that Pahio does submit all Points MTA's for its owners. This is an exception to the rule and it was made very early on when Pahio joined RCI Points.

Following is the response I received from the folks here who work with Pahio:
Because of the unique nature of the servicing requirements of some of the resorts and resort clubs in the industry, RCI Points membership transfer agreements (MTAs) cannot always be directly processed by RCI. In some rare instances, the resorts must submit the MTA's themselves.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Is this agreement between PAHIO and RCI forever, or is this up for renegotiation?

I let this thread die away after your last answer, Madge, but I guess I do not understand how these resorts are getting by with making their own rules on RCI points. It seems that the name "RCI Points" would mean it is consistent with all points resorts, otherwise it would have another name. Here a company makes its own rules and RCI allows this to happen.

It's never about the customer, only about the companies that make these little deals with one another. Resale is always the smarter purchase.

The resale owners are anxiously waiting to see what the new Wyndham ownership will mean for all of us. Maybe this inability to get points transferred will no longer be an issue very soon. Maybe we will have an option to convert to another points system. I personally like what I have with RCI points now, through my Australia purchase. I like the flexibility and even used the points for airfare. I think it is a great system and would like to have all of my PAHIO resorts in points, but it is not to be.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
rickandcindy23,

To my knowledge, this is a process that is permanent for Pahio. It is definitely the exception and not the rule for resorts in RCI Points.