• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transfer of Ownership (Resale)

jbscott

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a MOW resale. It has closed through the title company and the final paperwork has been sent to Marriott. I am now waiting on Marriott to officially transfer the ownership to me and assign me with my Marriott Owner number. I was told by my closing agent that Marriott is currently taking up to 60 DAYS to complete external transfers.

Has anyone bought a Marriott resale lately?

If so, how long did it take Marriott to complete the transfer and issue your Owner number?

Any tips for speeding up the process?

Thanks for any help.

Bill4728

Reaction score
This is from another thread:
My resale was deeded in July. The owner modifications department has told me on multiple occasions that it now will take 4 months to process the transfers of resales.
You can scream about it being unacceptable, but in the end we bought resale and that is our penalty for not paying Marriott developer prices. The good thing is that it will only affect us the first year.
My broker is working with the old owner to reserve a date for 2009, which the owner modification department suggested.

Marriott has been very active in personnel reductions across the board. Since owner modifications is such a small group to begin with- changes there can have a big impact on transfer timeframes. Also, remember that all the international resorts were added to Lakeland's workload a few months ago.. Marriott has finally centralized everything with one group. It will be better in the long run- but it certainly makes for an uncomfortable situation now!

More work + less people = longer waits..

If you call in, try to remember that the owner mod rep that answers the phone isn't the real cause of the delay- and that the time they spend on the phone with you is time they are not processing transfers!

If you are in a real hurry- I've found that a thank you card addressed to the rep that handles your resort can sometimes help you get to the top of the stack.... (And not that I would ever recommend it- but most of the reps are big fans of Darden restaurants!).....

So if you get it transfered within 60 days, you'll be lucky.

Sorry

Travelmom64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting

If so, how long did it take Marriott to complete the transfer and issue your Owner number?

Thanks for any help.

There are plenty posts regarding this subject. My MGO was deeded in July, Marriott has had my paper work since August. I received an email from Owner Modifications saying there were delays and it was expected to now take 8 weeks, up from the standard 30 days. I am attempting to get my 2009 week booked, not sure what they will do with my 2008 week. Something I was so excited about, has turned into quite the hassle. Esp. reading about Marriott's financial woes today!:(

Serina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frustrated with resale

We bought a Marriott resale too and have had our deed since the first of June and have had no luck getting any answers from Marriott in regards to the potential date we will be able to reserve our 2009 week. I'm frustrated beyond belief with the response (or lack of) from Marriott. (We already own a week at Grande Ocean...resale is at Canyon Villas).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whom to email at Owner Modifications to get a written response. We have tried calling and emailing many Marriott divisions with no luck. Thanks for any help!

chuckles

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a MOW resale. It has closed through the title company and the final paperwork has been sent to Marriott. I am now waiting on Marriott to officially transfer the ownership to me and assign me with my Marriott Owner number. I was told by my closing agent that Marriott is currently taking up to 60 DAYS to complete external transfers.

Thanks for any help.

My closing agent stated that it's 60 BUSINESS days. Since almost 1 third of days are non-business days, think 3 months, not 2.