• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tradewinds

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We are going to French Polynesia at the end of July on Tradewinds via RCI. Can't wait!! This will likely be a once every four years thing for us. Unless we win the lottery

Have you gone back? Win the lotto yet? :)

I’ll have two nights before the cruise then 3 nights post before flying back to the states. Any recommendations on where to stay both before and after?

Last edited:

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I have one major recommendation. Don’t bring spray sunscreen and have a total meltdown if anyone else does.
Its not supposed to be allowed but on our FP trip we were a boat of RCI traders and 1 owner. Guess who got to use the spray sun screen?

I took a VERY nasty fall when I slipped on the area said person used the spray sun screen at the top of the sugar scoop. The spray is reactivated by water and becomes a grease slick. I flew past all 3 steps and landed hard on my tailbone and slamming my back into the edge of the boat. Took a year and a half to recover and made the rest of our trip a misery.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I have one major recommendation. Don’t bring spray sunscreen and have a total meltdown if anyone else does.
Its not supposed to be allowed but on our FP trip we were a boat of RCI traders and 1 owner. Guess who got to use the spray sun screen?

I took a VERY nasty fall when I slipped on the area said person used the spray sun screen at the top of the sugar scoop. The spray is reactivated by water and becomes a grease slick. I flew past all 3 steps and landed hard on my tailbone and slamming my back into the edge of the boat. Took a year and a half to recover and made the rest of our trip a misery.
Wow, how terrible for you. My son uses the spray sunscreen, I’ll have to tell him about the danger.
Hope you are feeling better now?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

So sorry to hear that. I try use spray sunscreen out doors on concrete only, I made the mistake of using it in my timeshare bathroom and slipped on the floor. Only needed to do that once. I now try to use reef safe sunscreen from now on anyway! Save the planet ya know

How was your cruise of RCI exchanges, Was it the cruise class? I’m going in May and I can’t wait.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We never use spray sunscreen. The sunscreen companies sure like it when you do because they know that half of it blows away in the wind and they can then get you to buy more.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I guess the owner can do what they want, but couldn't they be liable for negligence?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I use a rash guard instead of sunscreen for the top half and regular sunblock on my legs when I remember (I don't burn). Folks on the tradewinds FB page suggested a rashguard and skins instead of any sunblock for snorkeling.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
You sign a waiver before you board the boat. I am better now but it definitely took a toll on my health. It’s not good to be sedentary due to pain And healing over 50 is slow.

We also use rash guards it is so much easier than slathering on sunscreen, DH is pale and only burns never tans.

Our trip was a mixed bag. 3 out of 4 couples were not American and we were immediately bombarded with politics. Nice people but it was a little weird. Some blind dates work some are a little uncomfortable.

We boarded on a Saturday and I fell on Wednesday. It’s hard to have fun when your in excruciating pain. I did get a one on one dive in before falling that was spectacular. We talk about giving it another try but haven’t committed.