• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trade to marriott ocean pointe

stout1out

Reaction score
First off I wanted to say than you for all the help I have recieved on this forum. I own at marriott shadow ridge silver season 2 bedroom lockoff and have owned it for 2 years now. I did my first ii trade last year and will be going to marriott frenchmans cove in one month from today. I traded my 2 bedroom for a 2 bedroom there. I put my 2016 unit up for trade in ii 2 weeks ago and got offered marriott st kitts, and marriott aruba surf club. I really wanted surf club but was informed the dates I will be traveling the lazy river and blue lagoon will be closed for some reason so that was kind of a deal breaker for me. I had all hawaii on my list, marco island fl and marriott ocean pointe palm Beach on their as well. I got offered ocean pointe today and still have time to cancel since it's a request. I have a small child and thought it would be nice to visit orlando do theme parks first then drive down to singer island and relax for 7 days. My question is for anyone who has stayed there I wanted to know what you thought of the resort. I have been reading mixed reviews and not sure if I should hold out on my request for something better or if this is an enjoyable place. Since we will be doing orlando for 5 days before hand we are looking for a place to just relax and spend time as a family with our 2 year old. I have also heard hawaii is super hard to trade in to I seemed to have pretty good luck with my trades so far and love our marriott timeshare. My time off needs to be approved by the end of this month for 2016 so I am thinking about jumping on ocean pointe so I don't have to wait longer. Any information about this resort would be much appreciated thanks again everyone for your help this forum is great.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where are you staying in Orlando? Since your child is only 2 I would suggest you go easy with too much sensory overload at the theme parks. Even adults can only take in just so much a day. Enjoy the amenities at the resort.

Ocean Pointe is very nice. We are partial since we've owned 15 years. You can relax. Nice water park for the tot.

What time of year?

stout1out

Reaction score
We will be going to Orlando the end of august and check in to ocean pointe the beginning of September 2016. I have not booked orlando yet but will try and find a getaway deal from ii. We will probably do 2 parks in 5 days and just some mellow sight seeing then head off to OP to just relax. Happy to hear the resort is nice. Excited about frenchmans cove in october and now florida in 2016. Thanks for your input

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We LOVE Ocean Pointe. We have been owners there for 15 years as well. Our daughter's first vacation (at 13 months old) was a week at Ocean Pointe. It is a great resort for families. The property is large and there are plenty of things to do without leaving the resort.

We have stayed in many (St. Thomas, several in Orlando, several in Hilton Head, Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg...) of the Marriott resorts and Ocean Pointe is still our favorite!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
First off I wanted to say than you for all the help I have recieved on this forum. I own at marriott shadow ridge silver season 2 bedroom lockoff and have owned it for 2 years now. I did my first ii trade last year and will be going to marriott frenchmans cove in one month from today. I traded my 2 bedroom for a 2 bedroom there. I put my 2016 unit up for trade in ii 2 weeks ago and got offered marriott st kitts, and marriott aruba surf club. I really wanted surf club but was informed the dates I will be traveling the lazy river and blue lagoon will be closed for some reason so that was kind of a deal breaker for me. I had all hawaii on my list, marco island fl and marriott ocean pointe palm Beach on their as well. I got offered ocean pointe today and still have time to cancel since it's a request. I have a small child and thought it would be nice to visit orlando do theme parks first then drive down to singer island and relax for 7 days. My question is for anyone who has stayed there I wanted to know what you thought of the resort. I have been reading mixed reviews and not sure if I should hold out on my request for something better or if this is an enjoyable place. Since we will be doing orlando for 5 days before hand we are looking for a place to just relax and spend time as a family with our 2 year old. I have also heard hawaii is super hard to trade in to I seemed to have pretty good luck with my trades so far and love our marriott timeshare. My time off needs to be approved by the end of this month for 2016 so I am thinking about jumping on ocean pointe so I don't have to wait longer. Any information about this resort would be much appreciated thanks again everyone for your help this forum is great.

Take the trade to Ocean Pointe now. BUT, be sure to take the International International option that allows you to make another trade at another time.

By doing this, you can always alter your plans should you decide you do not want to go to Ocean Pointe. Who knows; maybe Crystal Shores on Marco Island will show up (and then again it may not). At least you have something at this point in time.

Best of luck :banana:

stout1out

Reaction score
Thanks everyone getting even more excited I am deff going to take that trade it sounds like our 2016 vacation will be a blast. I have never used the eplus option before and really have no idea what it is all about. I think I am just going to jump on the ocean pointe and be done with it. Thanks again for the help

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
With a two year old I would request the Kingfish bldg. at Ocean Point. It has the only zero entry pool at the resort. If you are trading in you will be most likely assigned an ocean side unit. The ocean side units in Kingfish afford the best ocean views in the resort.

The downside of Kingfish and the reason most folks don't like it is that is is separated from the other four bldgs by a privately owned condo. Some folks just like the hustle and bustle on the main campus but if you are looking to relax and chill and not wanting to fight for a space by the pool every day Kingfish is for you.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Just so you know- the pool closures at the Surf Club are slated to begin Sept. 6th, so late August/beg. Sept. would be before the closures. Unfortunately, pools require periodic resurfacing/repairs, so they pick the least busy time for the work.

For a 2 year old in Orlando, think about Harbour Lake- great resort with a pool geared towards little ones, and it's only a ten minute drive to the Magic Kingdom and a mile from Sea World (which has a better kiddie ride area for that age group, IMHO, because of much shorter lines. When we took our 3 year old grandson a few years ago, a perfect day was a breakfast with the characters at one of the rest. that didn't require a park entry ticket (Ohana at the Polynesian or the breakfast at Cape May. Mickey at the Contemporary is a bit harder to get reservations at, but you have time so can make them as soon as they open up), followed by a day at the resort. The character breakfasts are the easiest way to interact with the characters, and great for toddlers (hey- fun for us kids at heart too ;)).

If you don't have what to trade, look at Getaways for that time of year- you may be able to nab something cheap.

Have a great trip!

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just so you know- the pool closures at the Surf Club are slated to begin Sept. 6th, so late August/beg. Sept. would be before the closures. Unfortunately, pools require periodic resurfacing/repairs, so they pick the least busy time for the work.

For a 2 year old in Orlando, think about Harbour Lake- great resort with a pool geared towards little ones, and it's only a ten minute drive to the Magic Kingdom and a mile from Sea World (which has a better kiddie ride area for that age group, IMHO, because of much shorter lines. When we took our 3 year old grandson a few years ago, a perfect day was a breakfast with the characters at one of the rest. that didn't require a park entry ticket (Ohana at the Polynesian or the breakfast at Cape May. Mickey at the Contemporary is a bit harder to get reservations at, but you have time so can make them as soon as they open up), followed by a day at the resort. The character breakfasts are the easiest way to interact with the characters, and great for toddlers (hey- fun for us kids at heart too ;)).

If you don't have what to trade, look at Getaways for that time of year- you may be able to nab something cheap.

Have a great trip!

I think any resort would be fine for a 2 or 3 yo. ;). MVCI resorts are a far cry with what I grew up with. Can't imagine what it would be like being a kid carted to these places by parents or grandparents. Like royalty compared to my childhood.

Vacation1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love Ocean Pointe - but you should be aware of some refurbishments in 2016 - don't know how long these will take but they sound pretty significant. You may want to give them a call. It's possible that they won't even begin the pool renovations until September.

Our resort has a variety of refurbishment efforts scheduled between now and the end of 2016. Renovation efforts on the Sailfish Building are scheduled September, 2015, through November, 2015. Renovation on the Dolphin Building will begin sometime in September of 2016, with an expected completion in November of 2016. The two (2) pools behind the Welcome Center, along with the Pool House/Restrooms, Children’s Pool, Whirlpool Spa, Pavilion and Grill Area will be closed for refurbishment in 2016. During this time, there will be periodic noise around the resort. For more information, please contact the resort at 561-882-3000.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I think any resort would be fine for a 2 or 3 yo. ;). MVCI resorts are a far cry with what I grew up with. Can't imagine what it would be like being a kid carted to these places by parents or grandparents. Like royalty compared to my childhood.

Haha- you're so right. I only mentioned it because the pirate ship pool is like having a water park at the resort, and for a 2 year old better than the Disney water parks- no crowds, no lines and no entrance fee.

What you said is really quite funny. We didn't discover this until my "kids" were in their twenties, and when we took our older daughter and family to Harbour Lake when my grandson was 3, it was the first time she had come with us on a timeshare trip. She clearly expected something akin to the cabin we rented at Lake George when she was younger- nice, but very spartan in comparison. When she walked in her eyes kinda bugged ut and she queried: "are they all as nice as this?" Then I told her that many were even nicer :rofl:

stout1out

Reaction score
Again thanks everyone for all the great information. The request date I got for aruba was Sept the 12th they notified me that the pool would be under construction during our stay and that's why declined the trade. I think after hearing what you said and a lot of other people I think I will request the kingfish building. Everything sounds great except for the refurbishments someone said might be happening in September 2016 I should have asked intervall if there was any specific date they have heard. Oh well its in the books now. Also when is a good time to pick up a cheap getaway from interval for our week stay in orlando before we head down to singer island?