• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Too Good To Be True

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in CABO for 7th year for birthday and have done many sales pitches.

I have be made similar offers from three resorts, PBS, Wyndham and Portifino. They are calling Private Residence or other euphemism for timeshare.

Essentially they will buy my 315K Wyndham points forv $25K-$55K which will be deposited in my my Land Title escrow account in Denver.

They will use to obtain tax benefit's and bring in prospective victims.

They will give me 200 weeks that are worth $2,500 each which will go in "credit account" to pay for future vacations.

I have to give them $24,900 up front.

Not affiliated with RCI or II but have new "exchange" outfit that hat has access to over 100K units.

Of course, will not let me have a copy of contract to have local attorney review, but will give me recission info so I can take to Denver and read or have attorney review.

This has so many red flags and I was wondering if any one has signed up and been able to collect.

Side point, at air port only offering around $300 in vouchers, but booths along dock between Captain Tony's and Senior Frogs are paying $400-$600 USD cash bounty plus breakfast and cab fare.

:shrug::banana::shrug::confused::confused:

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The devil is in the details

I have made a hobby of studying these transactions. Vida also works similarly. The trick is that there are 2 transactions. First is your purchase of the product from the resort. That is written in stone and a regular legal contract.

Second, you are going to have your present timeshare(s) registered with a third party broker/liquidator. The salesman represents them as "we," but they are a totally different company. The third party will contact you in a few weeks, and ask for money to sell your timeshare(s). A listing fee. That is not mentioned by anyone - it's a surprise.

They MAY sell your timeshare(s) on the open market. Most of the reports I have read have left the owner with all his original contracts, PLUS his new timeshare contract.

If each of these resorts is willing to certify that they are the only ones you are doing business with, you can keep tabs on them. But, just like the weeks rental scam, they are using someone else to make them look blameless.

A primer from "Inside the Gate" is here: http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2015/01/mexico-timeshare-fraud-january-24-2015/

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
Be the winner of the mope contest.
A suckeris born every minute(WCFields)

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Side point, at air port only offering around $300 in vouchers, but booths along dock between Captain Tony's and Senior Frogs are paying $400-$600 USD cash bounty plus breakfast and cab fare.

This is the reason we add an extra night to every Cabo visits. Timeshare tours to cover the airfare. :D

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in CABO for 7th year for birthday and have done many sales pitches.

I have be made similar offers from three resorts, PBS, Wyndham and Portifino. They are calling Private Residence or other euphemism for timeshare.

Essentially they will buy my 315K Wyndham points forv $25K-$55K which will be deposited in my my Land Title escrow account in Denver.

They will use to obtain tax benefit's and bring in prospective victims.

They will give me 200 weeks that are worth $2,500 each which will go in "credit account" to pay for future vacations.

I have to give them $24,900 up front.

Not affiliated with RCI or II but have new "exchange" outfit that hat has access to over 100K units.

Of course, will not let me have a copy of contract to have local attorney review, but will give me recission info so I can take to Denver and read or have attorney review.

This has so many red flags and I was wondering if any one has signed up and been able to collect.

I dont care about the timeshare tours, I wanna know what birthday. and what happened that you got healthy enough to travel.. I have missed you here and feared the worst

But healthy or not, Im guessing will miss Mardi Gras this year

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have made a hobby of studying these transactions. Vida also works similarly. The trick is that there are 2 transactions. First is your purchase of the product from the resort. That is written in stone and a regular legal contract.

Second, you are going to have your present timeshare(s) registered with a third party broker/liquidator. The salesman represents them as "we," but they are a totally different company. The third party will contact you in a few weeks, and ask for money to sell your timeshare(s). A listing fee. That is not mentioned by anyone - it's a surprise.

They MAY sell your timeshare(s) on the open market. Most of the reports I have read have left the owner with all his original contracts, PLUS his new timeshare contract.

If each of these resorts is willing to certify that they are the only ones you are doing business with, you can keep tabs on them. But, just like the weeks rental scam, they are using someone else to make them look blameless.

A primer from "Inside the Gate" is here: http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2015/01/mexico-timeshare-fraud-january-24-2015/

They did state TS resale would be handled by third party, but give written contract. I am sure bank cashier check will bounce and wire transfer never show up.

However, they will give me recission information which along with contract would be basis for voiding credit card.

What, I don't understand is all four resorts were offering, not a boiler room.

But, there is no way even if I pay $24,900 they can immediately give me $25K or more plus 4 weeks of vacation.

Passed but trying to figure out how they make money.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont care about the timeshare tours, I wanna know what birthday. and what happened that you got healthy enough to travel.. I have missed you here and feared the worst

But healthy or not, Im guessing will miss Mardi Gras this year

It took three trips to hospital and two rehabs.

Finally found right DOC who told Medicare I was staying at hospital until ready for rehab.

Lost over 30 pounds and reduced meds.

Next goal is get new left knee.

I completely forgot to book Mardi Gras last February, but probably not up to anyway.

But have 6:00AM on calendar for booking 2017.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

It took three trips to hospital and two rehabs.

Finally found right DOC who told Medicare I was staying at hospital until ready for rehab.

Lost over 30 pounds and reduced meds.

Next goal is get new left knee.

I completely forgot to book Mardi Gras last February, but probably not up to anyway.

But have 6:00AM on calendar for booking 2017.

If you show up at avenue plaza I have a room for you this year

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paco,
Sounds like what I just had to rescind Dec. 29. My resort was Hacienda Encanto and the amount seemed about the same. They took 8600.00 down and took according to them over 100,000 worth of timeshare back from me. Of course they didn't take it a third party seller did. Upon reading the contract I saw the only thing that I was really buying was a two-bedroom unit EVO that I had to maint. fees on. I was promised no mandatory fees. I did recind and got every penny back. I had to rent a car to do it.
I have no idea why I fall for them line, when it really is all still just timeshare. Must be the desire to trade in some of my Mexico contracts. I know I want the opportunity to spend the winter in Mexico in a new resort I guess that is what drives me to be stupid.
Great to hear your health is better.

Julie