• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Too good to be true??

tamtstpaul

Reaction score
I am interested to know if this is some sort of scam or if we are just selling at a really good price. Yesterday I listed a green week 4 bdrm grand villa at Westgate Town Center for $1. It can be broken up into 3 timeshare weeks. The dues are paid to 2013 and the new owner can have the weeks for this year. My parents gifted this timeshare to my sister and I and we no longer want to keep it. Since we didn't put any money into it, we are not looking to make any money. We just want to be finished paying the yearly dues. This afternoon I received an offer for $1. The buyer is wiling to use a title insurance company, First American Title, but wants a copy of the deed to confirm that my sister and I own it. Seems harmless to me as these deeds are a matter of public record anyway. Has anyone had any negative experience like this or did we just get lucky.

Thank you for you responses!!!

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer. However, a couple of years ago I was trying to sell my TS and I had a buyer - turns out it was the TS management company. They wanted information to confirm that I did own the TS. (Turns out that the company was buying back units but underwent bankruptcy so I never actually sold it.)

tamtstpaul

Reaction score
Thank you Falmouth. I did call the management company and offered to give it back for nothing in return. They were not interested. Even after I explained that I was going to sell it for a dollar. They asked a lot of questions about why I wasn't going to take any more vacations and didn't I feel guilty that my parents spend all of the money and now I was giving it away. They tried to convince me that maybe I should gift it to someone but I explained I don't know anyone that wanted that yearly payment. We'll see if it is the management company. If it is, I will raise the price.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Asking for a copy of a deed or an estoppel letter from the resort is normal.
But you'll want to get their ID's nailed down and signatures on a contract.

Unless you paid a large sum to have it listed, it's hard to see how anyone could scam you out of $1.00, or why they'd try. Just don't hand over the keys to the kingdom in the process.

Last edited:

Marilyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just make a copy and write "COPY" across it in big letters and send it to them.

Maybe they are are paranoid but you should be too.

Marilyn