• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshares near Pasadena California

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something for a friend of mine going to the RoseBowl. Any suggestions?

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are no timeshares near Pasadena, unless you want to drive an hour or more to get from the TS to Pasadena. Anaheim is probably the closest.

For Pasadena, I would suggest a hotel.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Palm springs may be another option. Still not close but driveable.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Palm springs may be another option. Still not close but driveable.

Oh, I think you are off a bit on this.;) It's about 175 miles from Pasadena to Palm Springs.

Ventura, where I think there is a TS is 65 miles.

Anaheim is about 35 miles.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Oh, I think you are off a bit on this.;) It's about 175 miles from Pasadena to Palm Springs.

Yeah - north San Diego County would also be more realistic than Palm Springs.

Last edited:

Abaco-Bob

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you use the TUG TS Map http://tug2.com/tsmaps/TimeshareMaps.html and select the west area and zum in on Pasadena it shows the ones at Anaheim to be the closest

The Map is a great tool and we use it a bunch as we travel the US. Thanks to the author for the hard work in preparing it.

Abaco-Bob

Bill4728

Reaction score

What?? 175 miles, I don't think so.

According to mapquest it is 100 miles from Palm Spring to Pasadena.

Last edited:

Gerry

TUG Member
Reaction score
The closest TS is in Oxnard, CA You don't want to go to Anaheim because the traffic would be a nightmare even Oxnard could be but not as bad especially going to the Rose Ball:eek:

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How 'bout L.A. then?

Thank you for your posts. Since there is nothing very close to Pasadena, my friend has decided to stay for a week in or near L.A., and then stay a night or 2 in Pasadena. Any suggestions for L.A. area?

Thanks
Amy

Bill4728

Reaction score
Pasadena is east LA. There are no TSs in LA!

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pasadena is east LA. There are no TSs in LA!

You were right about the distance, I guess I didn't read the google map correctly....but 100 miles is too far....when you consider the distance and the traffic....

But on this other point....you are off again....:p

Pasadena is not East LA!......Pasadena blue bloods would die if they heard you say that! :D

Pasadena is to the north & east of downtown LA. East LA is east of downtown in the Boyle Heights area, it's roughly defined as the area between the 5, 10 & 60 fwys...that's just a rough designation. Cesar Chavez Ave runs through the community.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your posts. Since there is nothing very close to Pasadena, my friend has decided to stay for a week in or near L.A., and then stay a night or 2 in Pasadena. Any suggestions for L.A. area?

Thanks
Amy

Los Angeles is a HUGH city.....try to be more clear on what your friend is looking for....then it will be easier to offer suggestions.:)

RichM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anaheim is definitely the closest - Oxnard and San Diego are waaaay too far for so cal driving.

Even Anaheim to Pasadena is 90-120 minutes during rush hour. I commute from just north of Anaheim to Pasadena and back every day - 40 miles round trip - about 50-60 minutes but that's at 5AM and 3PM.

If he's going to the actual Rose Bowl game on New Years' Day, then it might not be so bad a drive during the day from Anaheim to Pasadena although finding parking will be a nightmare. The Rose Parade starts just blocks from the Rose Bowl and the whole area is congested most of the day. I think they have satellite parking and shuttles from the Old Pasadena area somewhere to the Rose Bowl.

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They are looking to do a lot of Hollywood touristy stuff (stars homes, ect.). It sounds like there's nothing that would be too convenient to that, but maybe Anaheim wouldn't be a bad choice. Thanks for your help. Obviously I don't know California geography at all.

Last edited:

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say do Priceline or Hotwire for hotels. Maybe try Craig's lists for vacation rentals. If I was going to LA, I would want to stay in the Santa Monica area by the beach and do things in LA from there. Anaheim would be a pain to drive back and forth, too, and who knows how much gas will be at that time.

Pasadena, definitely hotels and he should probably get a back up reservation now. People plan far ahead for the Rose Parade and game.
Liz

CATBinCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am originally from the LA area. When we got into timeshares (after we moved to CO) LA is the first area I looked at since my Mom and sister still live there. LA does not have any choices for timeshares. Closest is usually in South Orange County/North San Diego County, Palm Springs, and then a couple in Oxnard/Ventura County. All of these places are a minimum of an hour's drive (sometimes 2-3 hrs) from Los Angeles. So if you're planning an LA vacation, you're going to have to look at hotels.

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Those are good suggestions. I like the idea of staying in Santa Monica. It looks to be only about 20-25 minutes from Hollywood.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they want to visit Hollywood, they can stay in Hollywood,(there's a nice Renaissance in Hollywood) or just up the road a bit at Universal City(a Sheraton or a Hilton) or they can go to West Hollywood or Beverly Hills and as suggested Santa Monica, which is a bit further than Beverly Hills.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to two Rose Bowl games - 2004 & 2005 and went to the parade both years. Santa Monica and Beverly Hills are good choices of places to stay but they are very expensive this time of the year. We got hotel rooms on Priceline both years. First year we stayed in Burbank at the Hilton by the Burbank airport which was not too far from Pasadena and the second year we stayed at the Hilton LAX which is quite a bit farther. From what I remember, we paid about $75 a night versus $300 a night in Santa Monica or BH's. As long as you get to the game very early (at least an hour and half before kickoff), you can find a parking place on the street if you're willing to walk a fair distance to the stadium (close to a mile), which is what we did. If you go to the parade, I'd suggest buying tickets in the grand stands where the TV cameras are, since you'll have a great view of the parade. I forget the address of these stands but it's right after the parade turns right from Orange Grove (I think that's the name of the street), which is not too far from the start of the parade. We bought tix on Stubhub but you can also find them on Ebay, but be sure to get by the TV cameras as there are grandstands all along the route.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
For lots of suggestions and detailed answers to your questions (although you are getting some good suggestions from above posts) you may want to visit the LA forum at tripadvisor. There's an LA expert there screen name hopskipjump who knows heaps of info about LA. He/she has lots of hotel suggestions too.

Janna