• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Rookie [merged]

antjmar

Reaction score
I do not know of many timeshares that offer cheap wine - go to Walgreens for $2.99 bottles.
Actually they have those cheese and wine "welcome" nights at some of the wyndhams. The wine is cheap and its free!!!:hysterical:

jboynton1974

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have looked at the Wyndham points chart in great detail and am aware of the points that it would take for a full week. I have looked at SUN-THUR trips and it seems that may be the way we have to go until we build our portfolio and can acquire more points. I am looking for a starter and this seems to be good since there is no initial up front investment, except for maybe the $299 transfer fee. I can also use these points for the short vacations that the wife and I take without the kids. I have not signed the dotted line yet THEO. I have to pass this through the grand poo bah....the wife. I have read and read and researched and it seems the ins and puts of time sharing is endless. I will be following up on the transfer fee for sure!!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup...

<snip>... but for a 2 br summer week you will need more points.

Hence my relevant observation / reminder that the OP reportedly has 5 children. ;)

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Actually they have those cheese and wine "welcome" nights at some of the wyndhams. The wine is cheap and its free!!!:hysterical:

But the OP wanted a list of those resorts.....:rofl:

jboynton1974

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fat Chance!!

I want a Wyndham Grand Desert Contract!! This seems to be very popular so PM so the TSers on this site dont beat me to it.....LOL!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Desert Oasis......little too much of the cheap wine....:rolleyes:

[Sheraton Desert Oasis?]

I am assuming that you want this for an Interval trader?

Have you had a chance to read the Starwood FAQ at the top of the Starwood forum.

At SDO, you will need a 2 bdm. lock-off - Gold Plus (floating 1-52.) The Plat weeks are 10 x more expensive, and the gold and silver weeks don't have the trading power you want.

If you find one, I recommend that you post a link to the Ad on the Starwood forum for advice.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
there are 3 small Grand desert contracts on ebay now Use a sniping service to make your bids and I bet you can get one of them if you bid a reasonable amount. (I would pick a number equal to a years mf)

DrBopp

Banned
Reaction score
Okay! Found a gentleman on TUG about a Wyndham timeshare at MB Ocean Boulevard. It is 154000 points and he is giving away. He said be can prep all the paperwork for deeds transfer to save me hundreds of dollars. Spoke with him and he seems to be stand up! Kinda excited but reserved as a new time sharer. What y'all think Rutgers?:cheer:

From what I've read in your posts, Wyndham would be a good fit for you. They have 5 Myrtle Beach locations, 2 in Tennessee , 3 in NC and 5 or 6 in Florida, including Orlando. They all are 4-5 hours from you with the exception of Florida. Plus, it is a points based system and they have resorts all over the USA, including Hawai'i and you can go most any time if you have the points available. Lastly, depending on how many trips you take a year, you generally do not have to pay any additional fees for reserving at different resorts within the system, meaning that your maintenance fee are all you would have to pay yearly. BUT, I am not sure that 154000 points would be enough for you, because it takes 225,000 points to get a 2BR condo at some of the newer resorts in prime season like summertime in Myrtle Beach or Ski season in the mountains. With that being said, I would advise you to study the system more and ask a lot of questions before you take on the bill. There are other systems available, but Wyndham offers the best value/resorts/flexibility correlation of any system of timeshare. Some cost less, others are more luxurious and few have as many choices of locations as Wyndham. These are strictly my observances and I am definitely biased. Check it out for yourself, and if you decide Wyndham, a larger contract may be in order, but don't overload yourself because it is way easier to add than to take away. Good luck on your search.

Gordon