• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Rental Pros

glostar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used or has experience with timesharerentalpros.com? Even though there are no upfront fees, I really can't tell if I would be paid upfront (regardless of whether or not the timeshare is rented.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I can see, they don't have a great reputation with those who they rent to. Customer satisfaction is very important when renting.

A few different web sites for the "same" named company always gives me pause.

I don't know of any company that will pay you, "regardless of whether or not the timeshare is rented."

Not real secure with these statements from one the their sites.

"You need to enjoy your timeshare whenever you can and when you can’t, we can help you recoup your maintenance fees every time we rent a property for you."

"All the developers that we work with, do not allow you to rent your property for commercial gain or investment purposes..."

If I were you, just do it yourself. It's not hard with Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway, etc.

glostar

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I can see, they don't have a great reputation with those who they rent to. Customer satisfaction is very important when renting.

I don't know of any company that will pay you, "regardless of whether or not the timeshare is rented."

"You need to enjoy your timeshare whenever you can and when you can’t, we can help you recoup your maintenance fees every time we rent a property for you."

"All the developers that we work with, do not allow you to rent your property for commercial gain or investment purposes..."

If I were you, just do it yourself. It's not hard with Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway, etc.

Thank you. I appreciate the advice and reassurance that I was right in thinking this is just another scam.

BGOwner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen and Worldmark

Hello,

I am the owner of Timesharerentalpros.com and you are slandering our company with ZERO factual evidence. Have you clicked on the Better Business Bureau logo on our site?
Have you read the reviews from our clients? Please show this group ONE complaint from anyone. There are not any because I take all of the risk by paying for points up front, points that people cannot use. I NEVER ASK ANYONE to pay us a fee. The money only flows one way and that is from me to my happy customers. When we agree upon a price for points we pay it up front. Please do not slander my company, it is not fair and very sick and twisted.

glostar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, owner of Timesharerentalpros.com,
I appreciate your response. It is true you have no complaints with the BBB. But, I could not find any reviews outside of BBB and your website. Also, I saw you have been in business a short time. For me, it was enough of a red flag for me not to take the risk. Ultimately, I rented my points on my own and all of my maintenance fee was covered.

Dragoncropper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Rio Mar, Margaritaville
45 Mid Town, NY

How does it work with Airbnb and Homeaway? Do they get a part of what I collect on a Rental?

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does it work with Airbnb and Homeaway? Do they get a part of what I collect on a Rental?
Yes, both do but, each site handles the entire transaction for you. Both will walk you through listing the property. Airbnb charges 3% of the rental and HomeAway/VRBO, which are together, charges 5%. HomeAway/VRBO will reach a larger audience.

I've had much better success with Airbnb for the most part. Here's a good article about them.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/032814/pros-and-cons-using-airbnb.asp

For me, dealing with the renter through the entire process and just sending me the money, is well worth the percentage.

GoldenVIKE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GRC Tahoe -5 Wk Ski
St Kitts -Week 52
Ocean Pointe -Silver
DC/AP points
Hi all, I've been communicating with the owner of Timeshare Rental Pros via phone, email, and text - and we just started working together. Very good communication, a lot of transparency about the business and owners, and prompt payment immediately upon executing the contract. So far so good. I'll check back here in the future with an update good or bad, but thus far it's been a great experience working with these guys. I'd recommend considering it if you have a lot of excess points and don't want to basically operate a side business of renting out your points or reservations. But if you like that side business, then yeah, you'll always make more money by doing all of the work yourself.

Wayoman

Reaction score
This company is awful, they have so many complaints online. They have personally scammed me. Please do not do business with this company.

Wayoman

Reaction score
Yes! Red flags. Do not do business with this company. Just do it on your own so they won’t scam you.

lorihart

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been communicating with the owner of Timeshare Rental Pros via phone, email, and text - and we just started working together. Very good communication, a lot of transparency about the business and owners, and prompt payment immediately upon executing the contract. So far so good. I'll check back here in the future with an update good or bad, but thus far it's been a great experience working with these guys. I'd recommend considering it if you have a lot of excess points and don't want to basically operate a side business of renting out your points or reservations. But if you like that side business, then yeah, you'll always make more money by doing all of the work yourself.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

DRIless

Reaction score

any feedback two years later?

DRIless

Reaction score
This company is awful, they have so many complaints online. They have personally scammed me. Please do not do business with this company.

Yes! Red flags. Do not do business with this company. Just do it on your own so they won’t scam you.

Interesting fly by? Joined, two negative feedback posts and poof, they're gone.
Wayoman
JoinedJun 21, 2020
Messages2
Reaction score0

Points1

GoldenVIKE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GRC Tahoe -5 Wk Ski
St Kitts -Week 52
Ocean Pointe -Silver
DC/AP points
Yes, we've been working with them successfully for several years in a row.

For context, we're Chairman's Club with about 40,000 annual points (fluctuates slightly) and we "rent out" the majority of those points to TRP every year. It's typically a simple one-time contract where we agree to a set amount of points, usually around January for the upcoming year. (i.e. in Jan 2023 we rented them about 25,000 points for 2024 use year which they can use for 2023 reservations) The owner of the firm, Blaise Dietz is who I deal with the majority of the time. He's very responsive and has several others on the staff that will occasionally pop in on something. In total I spent less than a couple hours per year helping to troubleshoot issues with bookings. Generally very low maintenance to work with, but that goes both ways. I'm generally very organized and businesslike and to the point, and so are they, at least with the types of arrangements I'm describing.