• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Relief update

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past, some TUG members have expressed the opinion that "postcard companies" such as Timeshare Relief, Timeshare Solutions, Time No More, etc. may be worth patronizing IF one has a low value or worthless week that they would not be able to unload for even $1.00 on Ebay, and that they could not donate to charity because it is on the list of weeks the charity would not accept. In the past, Timesharing Today Magazine also wrote an article expressing much the same thinking. (Many of us were quite annoyed at Ray Jacobs, magazine owner, for doing this. He should know better).

Recently Timeshare Relief held sessions at a hotel near me. I decided to attend to see what their current "pitch" is. They began the session by bragging about the favorable article Timesharing Today had written about them, and showing the Better Business Bureau logo that is prominently displayed on their web site. It's also mentioned in their solicitation letter. By the way, we may have to change the name "postcard companies" we have bestowed upon them. They now send their "offers" in letter form in a sealed envelope.

The letter no longer gives the time, date, or location when they will be in town. One must call and answer questions before being invited. Well guess what--they now have a rather long list of weeks they will not accept. So there goes the one reason that might have made them an acceptable option for the truly desparate.

Their presentation is as slick and as full of half truths as always. While they stated several times that they are not attorneys or accountants, and can therefore not give financial advice, they insinuated that most people can receive a substantial tax write-off if they use Timeshare Relief to gat rid of their unwanted timeshare. When one attendee kept pumping for more explixit information, the speaker said that if they had bought the timeshare with the the intent to use it as an investment, that should be enough to make the deduction legal. When the attendee asked what proof they would have to submit if the IRS audited them on it, the speaker said that he would just have to insist that he had bought it with the thought of making a profit, that it was his thinking that counted. So they are still giving the type of advice that should have put them out of business (and into court or prison) a long time ago. They're just being less blatant than before.

The $25. gas card I received for listening to this garbage was nice. But the two couples I saved from signing on for their overpriced "sevices" was priceless. Both had weeks with excellent resale value. Hopefully they followed through on my advice to advertise on TUG and Redweek. At any rate, they left without falling for the Timeshare Relief scheme. And I believe both of them were about to become victims if I hadn't been there to educate them. Score 2 for the good guys.

Last edited:
J

JoeMid

They and their contemporaries have had a long list since day one.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Gas Card Offer Is Up To $50 -- But Leaflet Inside Is Not To Be Believed.

It's not from Timeshare Relief, but it is from the nice folks over at Stroman.

What can't be believed is what it says in the upper right corner . . .

FINAL NOTICE

That is, the solicitation is about as "final" as those robo-phone recordings giving me "final notice" that the warranty on my car is about to expire.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​