• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Exit Team going down

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
These threads seem to go hand in hand.

And by the way... it's about damn time. Pardon my French.

Do we still say, "Pardon my French"? :ponder:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
There's a guy/company advertising very aggressively here in the Milwaukee area on radio, especially. I need to find out more about who he is & his company name. Follow-up to come.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
My heart goes out to Dave Ramsey. Gonna have to fill an advertising slot pretty quick.
I was very surprised when I heard Dave supporting this or at least promoting it. Money talks I guess.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Most broadcasters have no idea what they're promoting when voicing some of these spots. The Exit team contracts with I Heart Radio/Clear Channel and the spots get distributed across the network. Exit team shrewdly pays extra to have the talent voice the spot rather than a pre-produced commercial. It adds a certain trustworthiness.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I was just discussing TET yesterday with a friend. The friend loves Dave Ramsey and couldn't believe - for one second - that he would allow a company like TET to be affiliated with his show unless they had been completely vetted. I explained how these companies worked but he said that TET must be different because Dave Ramsey vouches for them. Nothing I said could change his mind. I'm not sure if I am going to share this article with him. It will probably just perpetuate the argument and make me even more irritated.

Btw glad to see the Washington AG going after them. They are worse than the others because of the Dave Ramsey affiliation, imo.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I was just discussing TET yesterday with a friend. The friend loves Dave Ramsey and couldn't believe - for one second - that he would allow a company like TET to be affiliated with his show unless they had been completely vetted. I explained how these companies worked but he said that TET must be different because Dave Ramsey vouches for them. Nothing I said could change his mind. I'm not sure if I am going to share this article with him. It will probably just perpetuate the argument and make me even more irritated.

Btw glad to see the Washington AG going after them. They are worse than the others because of the Dave Ramsey affiliation, imo.

Ramsey has never vetted them. The copy comes from the sales/production staff and he just reads it. But you see what I mean about making it sound more trustworthy.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Ramsey has never vetted them. The copy comes from the sales/production staff and he just reads it. But you see what I mean about making it sound more trustworthy.
Well that's even worse. I haven't listened to Dave Ramsey so I thought that he was endorsing TET. My friend is a gullible person who thinks that he is a savvy consumer. It is a constant source of friction between us because I point things like this out to him and he hates being wrong about anything.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Not a smart guy then. There is case precedent that these broadcasters can be liable for repeating claims they have not verified.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
My heart goes out to Dave Ramsey. Gonna have to fill an advertising slot pretty quick.
Lol yes, poor Jimmy Swaggert I mean Jim Bakker I mean Dave Ramsay such naive simple guys who are good at counting cash but have no idea they are doing anything wrong.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Well that's even worse. I haven't listened to Dave Ramsey so I thought that he was endorsing TET. My friend is a gullible person who thinks that he is a savvy consumer. It is a constant source of friction between us because I point things like this out to him and he hates being wrong about anything.

I was "talent" in Radio/TV for five years so I've done plenty of readers. It was a long time ago and I'm glad we didn't have any exit teams back then!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
He certainly does a strong positive opinion of them. The second video seems like a pretty personal vouch for them!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
He certainly does a strong positive opinion of them. The second video seems like a pretty personal vouch for them!

Chances are those spots were written by the Exit Team and not Ramsey. The Facebook thing was probably a set up.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Chances are those spots were written by the Exit Team and not Ramsey. The Facebook thing was probably a set up.
Perhaps, even still, it doesn't increase my confidence in his advice about timeshares!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Perhaps, even still, it doesn't increase my confidence in his advice about timeshares!

There is way more knowledge on this board than Dave Ramsey regarding timeshares.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
stick to clark howard...whos always given solid advice on just about everything. and promotes TUG (without taking a dime in advertising).

Bill4728

Reaction score
There are several local radio hosts in the Seattle area who have done personal ads for TET. So I don't blame Dave Ramsey.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

How Paid Endorsements Aid Timeshare Exit Teams.
The Dave Ramsey Timeshare Exit Option
The Timeshare Exit Team Steve Harvey Endorsement Ploy

Perhaps it's just me but, Dave Ramsey has his hands in this as well.

Also, why this is so difficult, I have no idea. :ponder:

If your business is involved in debt relief services, here are three key principles of the new Rule:

It’s illegal to charge upfront fees.
You can’t collect any fees from a customer before you have settled or otherwise resolved the consumer’s debts. If you renegotiate a customer’s debts one after the other, you can collect a fee for each debt you’ve renegotiated, but you can’t front-load payments. You can require customers to set aside money in a dedicated account for your fees and for payments to creditors and debt collectors, but the new Rule places restrictions on those accounts to make sure customers are protected.

You have to disclose certain information before signing people up for your services.
Before people sign up, you must disclose fundamental aspects of your services, including how long it will take for them to get results, how much it will cost, the negative consequences that could result from using debt relief services, and key information about dedicated accounts, if you use them.

You can’t misrepresent your services.
The new Rule prohibits you from making false or unsubstantiated claims about your services.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
as with most timeshare outfits....there are existing laws in place to prohibit or prevent them. its lack of enforcement that is the core problem.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
There was a recent post about someone who paid $4,000 only to still own the timeshare despite a money back guaranty. They contacted their local station for help. The company that is behind the complaint is Timeshare Exit Team. Thread is below.

Edited: Darn it, I didn't realize that @WVBaker had already mentioned this thread in a prior post. Come to think of it, this could be a good strategy to pass DeniseM's post count. I would only need to post 100 times every day for a year and a half to do so.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Trevor Hein and Brandon Reed formed their company in 2012, after Reed attended a trade show where he noticed a long line at a booth selling timeshare exit services. Their prior business had been to sell rain gutter systems."

It's kind of funny. I was at a trade show four years ago and there was a booth there for TSET. However, I did not see a line up at the booth at that time.