1) Where do you want your home resort to be?
Cabo San Lucas or Cozumel. Cabo seems to have nicer properties for time share.
2) Do you want to visit your home resort at least half the time, or do you want to trade more than half the time?
Visit at least half the time
3) What are your 5 top trade destinations?
Cabo/Cozumel, anywhere in the Caribbean, Florida Keys, Orlando, Hawaii
4) How many people do you usually travel with?
5) Can you travel any time, or are you locked into the school schedule?
6) Can you make firm plans 12 or more mos. in advance?
Yes, but prefer 6 month range. I would prefer floating, but my main concern is that I would buy into a resort that had no availability for floating weeks. This seems to be a problem with Villa Del Arco, e.g.
7) Can you vacation for a full week at a time?
8) What level of accommodations do you prefer on a scale of 1 to 5 stars?
9) How much can you afford to spend upfront, without financing?
$5k - $10k
10) How much can you afford to spend every year for a maintenance fee that will come due right after Christmas, and increase each year?
$800.00 is preferred. I could go to $1200-$1500, though. I am concerned about runaway MF in an RTU.
11) Are you a detail oriented planner?
12) Do you understand that once you buy a timeshare, it may be very difficult to sell or give away, and you are responsible for all fees, until you do?
Hi! Any advice would be appreciated. I have been looking for a few months. My husband and I travel every 2-3 months to the beach. It might make sense to buy a week at a resort or condo, with a 2 bedroom or 1 bedroom big enough to sleep 4 comfortably. So, I am actively looking.
My favorite vacation place is Intercontinental Presidente in Cozumel. I was finally ready to sit down with their vacation club in November, but they did away with it!
I recently went to a UVC sales pitch at Secrets in Playa Del Carmen. Honestly? The pitch was not bad. The salesman was nice. The property was lovely. We almost bought, but decided the math needed to be reviewed. I made them give me a copy of the actual contract ahead of time, which they weren't happy about. Ultimately, I didn't think Secrets was entirely right for me. But it has now gotten me looking about in earnest.