• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeline for receiving deed and Title insurance

emilyjames

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I purchased a Grand Chateau 2 bdrm on E-Bay. The seller was was a reputable one ( often recommended on TUG as a reseller broker). The auction closed at the end of May and the closing company received our monies etc. by first week of June. At the end of July we received an electronic copy of the deed and notice that a copy was also sent to Marriott. We were told that once the original of the deed was returned to the closing company they would forward it. We opted for Title insurance also. It has been five weeks since we have received the electronic copy of the deed--but no original and no title insurance. I e-mailed the closing company, politely requesting an update-- but I have received no response. I would appreciate any experience anyone has with recent resales--Am I being impatient? Should it take more than five weeks to receive the original deed and title insurance policy? I understand from previous threads that it will probably take approximately 45 business days for Marriott to register the change of ownership.

LawrenzoY

TUG Member
Reaction score
in my case, once closing company informed me that they sent a deed to Marriott, I called Marriott every other day (or 2 to 4 days) and they listed mine in two weeks after I got a notice. So, I would suggest you to call Marriott to explain your situation. I forgot the department name (option #4), but they are very nice people.

good luck,

emilyjames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info regarding Marriott--I have already contacted them and they were very pleasant. My concern, though, is about the actual deed to the timeshare and the title insurance policy. I received a copy of the deed via e-mail. BUT it is a Grant Bargain Sale deed with a notation that a title search had not been done. My closing costs were over $850 and included title insurance. I am a bit concerned that there is a problem with the deed. I have not been able to get an answer from the broker or the closing company ( both of whom are considered reputable by TUG members--and I am hesitant to besmirch their good names--but--I am becoming frustrated with no response to my e-mail--I will hope for something next week)

So my questions really are--does anyone know

1) Are titles ever searched after they have been recorded in new owners name?
2) How long does it take to receive the original deed and title insurance after recording?
3) Are Grant Bargain Sale deeds the standard in Nevada?
Thanks