• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timbers at CMV

CMVer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking through the on line RCI directory and there seems to be a change in the rating. Any news?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
what is the rating ?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why. I feel Christmas Mountain resort offers as much or more than a lot of gold crown resorts. I know the cottage units aren't so great, but the other units are nice, usually well decorated too. We have stayed at many other Bluegreen resorts that were rated gold crown, and found the unit facilities to be no better than the lockouts at christmas mountain. Plus the rsort has so many amenities.

RonaldCol

Reaction score
CMVer said:
Looking through the on line RCI directory and there seems to be a change in the rating. Any news?

Are these the Timbers or are they also the UDI Oak Timbers that have had their rating dropped from Gold Crown to RID?

Willowbrook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Christmas Mountain UDI Timbers

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reduction to Silver Crown from Gold Crown would also have to be for the Townhomes. I wonder if they are being dowgraded by RCI guests due to the small size of the indoor pool?

Charles

rapmarks said:
I wonder why. I feel Christmas Mountain resort offers as much or more than a lot of gold crown resorts. I know the cottage units aren't so great, but the other units are nice, usually well decorated too. We have stayed at many other Bluegreen resorts that were rated gold crown, and found the unit facilities to be no better than the lockouts at christmas mountain. Plus the rsort has so many amenities.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
It may be because there was no out door pool built in the area where the new Timber Townhouses were built unlike the Oak Timbers and most of the other Cluster groupings(except for the 500 Cottages) having their own outdoor pools.

Bruce :D

CharlesS said:
The reduction to Silver Crown from Gold Crown would also have to be for the Townhomes. I wonder if they are being dowgraded by RCI guests due to the small size of the indoor pool?

Charles

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Orange Lake, we had to drive over a mile to a pool, and that did not lower their rating from gold crown. Exchangers must have been giving christmas Mt. a lower rating than a gold crown resort should get in order for RCI to lower the rating. But I still think it deserves the gold crown rating, based on the amenities and the area.

Tom52

TUG Member
Reaction score
The drop in rating doesn't surprise me

Mountain Loft which is also a Bluegreen property only has the silver crown rating. Overall, I would say that the units at Mountain Loft are newer and better maintained than at CMV. There are more amentites at CMV but the area of Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge has more to offer than Wisconsin Dells.

I think a gold crown rating would require better landscaping in the older areas at CMV and refurbishment of the older Cottage and Timbers units. I have yet to stay in a Timbers unit, (4 different units so far), where the grill on the screened patio actually worked. It would also be nice if they had some walking paths along the narrow hilly roads so visitors could walk through the resort without concern of getting run over.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tom, the residents would like to be able to walk along those winding roads too. A particular problem is the house which belongs to Bluegreen, which has a ditch about one foot from the road. Not quite enough room to move off the road out of the way of the speeding cars without tipping into the ditch. Rebecca Melenthin explained that the township owns the roads and Bluegreen can't do anything about walking paths on their property.
I agree with you that many things don't work int he units. We have only used a few units, but never found one where the remote control worked properly.