• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ticket Envelopes

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
US AIRWAYS doesn't use ticket envelopes to save money. On the outbound flite we had six tickets, 2 passports, two baggage receipts, and 3 wheelchair forms.

Has anyone got a recommendation for an item to manage all this paperwork?

On the way back, I managed to loose the baggage receipts but fortunately the luggage made it fine.

Thanks,

Sterling

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Has anyone got a recommendation for an item to manage all this paperwork?
I often use a large manila envelope to carry all the travel documents. On the front of the envelope I write our itinerary for the whole week if we have tours, activities, etc. planned for certain days. I also write down phone numbers or addresses of people's names that I may need.

You could also just use a large ziplock bag for your tickets & passports and that way you have a clear view of what's in the bag for quick retrieval.

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
envelope

You can purchase a passport ID wallet for about $7. You can put all the items in there and either put the wallet in your purse or hang it around your neck. I prefer hanging it around my neck because it is very secure that way.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Delta has eliminated folders as well; waiting to decide what their new name will be with merger with Northwest Airlines. I have a clear plastic file folder where I put all my paper work prior to the trip; e-tickets, hotel and car reservations; printed directions, etc. I'm thinking a # 10 envelope that I can put into the plastic folder would work to hold those smaller, loose items.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We use the passport ID wallets that hang around your neck. It's about as easy as anything else we've found.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I usually put the important stuff -- tickets, vouchers, confirmations -- in a #10 envelope, each item folded so that the top 1/3 faces out. But I think that plastic zip-lock baggies would also do nicely... We use 'em for our toiletries.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I always just slide the baggage claim tickets into my wallet for ease in keeping up with them. For passports, I've used a recycled small Postal Express mail package. It fits nicely in my purse and is very easy to see when I'm looking for it. It also stands out in my fireproof box when the passports are in there.

I have a special pocket in my purse where I keep future boarding passes. I tend to just keep the next one(s) stuck in my jeans pocket. Ditto the current wheelchair receipt.

Men who don't carry purses should have a carry-on bag with lots of pockets. I've learned that I travel better if I always keep things in a specific location on every trip.

Sheila

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
In my carry-on bag I have a 1/2 binder with the necessary number of clear vinyl sleeves in it - one for each day of tickets, reservations, etc. Before leaving for the airport, I transfer the airline tickets to one of those around the neck ticket wallets along with my driver's license or passport.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Delta has eliminated folders as well; waiting to decide what their new name will be with merger with Northwest Airlines...

I thought Northwest was going away, and it was remaining Delta. I never heard that there might be a new name for the merged airline.

Jeff

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I thought Northwest was going away, and it was remaining Delta.

You are correct, sir (notwithstanding griping from NWA fans).
Press Release:
"ATLANTA, Sept. 25, 2008 - Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines today announced that their respective stockholders have overwhelmingly approved the pending merger between the two companies. Delta stockholders approved the issuance of 1.25 shares of Delta common stock for each outstanding share of Northwest stock to be distributed upon closing of the merger.... The new company will be called Delta and will be headquartered in Atlanta."

Last edited:

tammigirl

Reaction score
My carry on bag is a hard sided roll-aboard which contains a sleeve on the back just the right size for holding these items. It has a very long flap with a large block of velcro. I feel like it's the safest place to keep those important documents.

bobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use an old passport ID neck wallet also, but now printing checkin tickets on line before I go is causing a problem. They are wider than the checkin tickets the airline prints, and I got scolded for folding mine to fit the wallet. So be sure to get the widest you can find.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The "big battles" that are barely pop guns

You are correct, sir (notwithstanding griping from NWA fans).
Press Release:
"ATLANTA, Sept. 25, 2008 - Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines today announced that their respective stockholders have overwhelmingly approved the pending merger between the two companies. Delta stockholders approved the issuance of 1.25 shares of Delta common stock for each outstanding share of Northwest stock to be distributed upon closing of the merger.... The new company will be called Delta and will be headquartered in Atlanta."

I guess the "battle" to prevent that merger also ended, as most of the highly touted David vs Goliath tend to do, in victory for the "bad guys". Any day we should hear a similar simpering end to the infamously ineffective "RCI Class action" nonsense.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I use an old passport ID neck wallet also, but now printing checkin tickets on line before I go is causing a problem. They are wider than the checkin tickets the airline prints, and I got scolded for folding mine to fit the wallet. So be sure to get the widest you can find.

I just trim off the extra paper around the computer generated boarding pass, and then it fits fine. Also - I print it on heavy paper so it's not so flimsy.