• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

This is weird re: our request for Timber Lodge

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
We put in a deposit first exchange request for either Marriott Grand Residence or Timber Lodge for either the first week of February or the last week of March because we have friends who have those weeks reserved. That was about a month ago. We have talked about opening it up to the whole ski season because we aren't really that close of friends with this couple. Anyways, I got a confirmation certificate today and we got Feb. 8 through 15, President's Day weekend, at Timber Lodge! I can't believe it as I would think that would be such a high demand week. On one hand, I'm excited. On the other hand, I was planning to go on a mother/daughter/sister cruise with my 20 yo daughter on President's Day weekend with a lot of other local pairs of ladies. We haven't actually booked that yet. What to do, what to do?!? One idea I'm throwing around is to join my DH Sunday through Wed. and then let my bro who is an avid snowboarder take my place for the rest of the week. My DH is wondering if he could have made a mistake with the dates as the 8th would have been the latest checkout date for the week we requested.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
That is a great trade but I hate to burst your bubble but I think the week of the 15th through 22nd would be harder trade. From what I gather most people only want to take a 4 day vacation week so, if they get that week they only have to use 4 days of vacation since, President's day is on the 16th.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most schools are off the week beginning the 16th so thats week that would be a very hard trade.

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am happy to learn that it will not be as popular of a week as the one that follows. I don't really want the addtional crowds. In our school district, we get off Monday, the 9th and Monday, the 16th. I am also happy to report that my SIL was wrong on the cruise dates and it doesn't begin until 2/20, so I will have an exciting February.

My DH corrected me and said that it was actually the last week of January that he requested, not the 1st week of February and he's sure he didn't mess up the dates. So is this typical? That they would just give us a confirmation certificate for a different week than we requested without even calling?

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What did you use to trade for the Timber Lodge week - Newport Coast platinum week? Timber Lodge is a great resort, you'll love it.

wa.mama

TUG Member
Reaction score
President's week at Timberlodge is sold as a fixed week #7, which starts on February 13, 14, 15. The snow should all be the same, though, and unless you have kids in school why fight the crowds during week 7?

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't really care if it's the official President's week or not. I am happy that a trade was made. As I said, I would prefer not to have to deal with peak crowds. Ideally, I would be even further removed from the holidays but I'm not complaining.

What I am wondering is why II would send out a confirmation certificate for a week we didn't request without contacting us first. And whether or not this is something others have experienced too.