• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Things you think of in the middle of the night...

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
So yesterday I decided to wrap up 8 Christmas gifts that are being mailed. We more often send pistachios or other edibles from the internet, but this year we found gifts in a museum, I think in Albuquerque. They are flat vinyl vases and dog bowls that take on a three dimensional shape once filled with water. Nothing worse than getting up to pee in the middle of the night, then having the dreaded thought that keeps me awake afterwards. Hmmm, I guess those items had no price tags on them...I packed 8 of them surely I would have seen a price tag if they were there...crap I need to open one up to be sure...wait, Cliff is sending two to Germany, they are sitting on his desk, I can check those in the morning... Back to sleep. Bad news -- price stickers so neatly placed in the bar code area that they were invisible. Better news -- all my Priority Mail flat rate envelopes are open pending addition of Christmas cards, so I can open each gift wrapped package to remove the price sticker. BIG SIGH. But, better than sending out gifts with price stickers on them!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
But wouldn’t THAT be a surprise? ;)

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Actually it all worked out for the best. When I had one of the presents unwrapped it occurred to me to give it to someone local I hadn't bought for yet, and to give my friend in Florida a food gift as usual. So Harry & David jam cookies are on the way to Miami -- we got them last year from someone and they were terrific. Free shipping from catalog code saved me $11!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I barely sleep as I have an overactive mind- 24 hours, 7 days per week. The mental gymnastics that go on are incredible. It's exhausting.

Double and triple checking. It seems to me I might actually be a little bit of a slow thinker as things come to me much later sometimes. Not sure what that is.

Not my husband. I am not sure he worries or thinks too much about anything.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
My solutions to problems come to me in the middle of the night.

When I was a computer programmer and was stumped, the solutions always were thought of correctly in the middle of the night. I would wake up and have to write it down and fall right back to sleep.

These days it wakes me up but I don’t fall back to sleep, I just keep thinking.

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was teaching I would wake up in the night fretting to remember did I have all materials and papers ready for the next day. Recently, it’s been about a dear friend that just got diagnosed with stomach cancer. With all the worrying my mind is doing, I bought a set of headphones and hope to get my mind off of daily situations that are beyond control. Working was wonderful since I was very busy. Work takes your mind off things. My granddaughter was born profoundly deaf 3 1/2 years ago and I have been in a tramatic worrying mode since. I hope the headphones can entertain me so my mind can rest.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I barely sleep as I have an overactive mind- 24 hours, 7 days per week. The mental gymnastics that go on are incredible. It's exhausting....Double and triple checking...

Describes me to a "T". When I lay down to sleep my mind is whirring thinking about what happened during the day or contemplating what needs to happen going forward. The only way I can get to sleep is to lie in bed reading for 30-45 minutes. I go to sleep around Midnight and get up at 4 am. Thankfully I am retired and play catch-up with a 2 hour nap in the afternoon but can only do that listening to the radio tuned to low volume...

Back in my working days I would wake up in the middle of the night and dictate letters or notes to myself. First thing at work I would have my secretary type them out...

George

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I find that being physically tired helps with getting a good night's sleep. On days when I play golf, I typically sleep well at night. I am like many of you the brain does not switch off at night.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I barely sleep as I have an overactive mind- 24 hours, 7 days per week. The mental gymnastics that go on are incredible. It's exhausting.

Double and triple checking. It seems to me I might actually be a little bit of a slow thinker as things come to me much later sometimes. Not sure what that is.

Not my husband. I am not sure he worries or thinks too much about anything.

LOL, Cliff is the same way. When we'd come across something odd for an installation, he didn't want to do much pre-planning. He was confident in his skills and would just handle it, and didn't want to talk about it further. But numerous times with me thinking and fussing and being awake at night I'd say "what about doing it this way" or "remember the specialty item we saw at a trade show". My fretting the issue to death would result in a better way to handle it. On the other hand when "she who must not be named" was a tenant in our guest house making us prisoners in our own home, he'd sleep peacefully and I'd be up until 3am and awake again at 6 making myself sick with worry.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
My solutions to problems come to me in the middle of the night.

When I was a computer programmer and was stumped, the solutions always were thought of correctly in the middle of the night. I would wake up and have to write it down and fall right back to sleep.

These days it wakes me up but I don’t fall back to sleep, I just keep thinking.

I'm a good shower thinker, as well as keeping myself up at night. Nothing like having a brilliant thought when your hands are wet and soapy and pen and paper are several steps away in a drawer (having been put there at some point when I had to get out of the shower and go to the bedroom to write something down).

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
A friend of mine called me yesterday to say she woke up with a panic in the middle of the night thinking about all her black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping. They just moved into a new house 3 weeks ago and she forgot to change the shipping address on all her online accounts! She told me today that she messaged the folks who bought her old house to advise them of all the deliveries coming for her. They said the first one arrived today. I told her its a good job the people that bought her old house are so nice and understanding, and that the 2 houses are only 20 minutes apart.

~Diane

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
My brain cells often switch back on in the middle of the night when I've been struggling to remember something. I've often asked people, "can I call you at 2 AM when I remember the answer?" Of course, now we have Google to help us. Many years ago, before Google, it took weeks for me to think of the song with the lyrics. "what can a poor boy do except to sing for a rock n' roll band?" Then in the middle of the night, BING, the answer came:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Drugs...
(melatonin).

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score