• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Things you bring to your timeshare?

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Multiple ways to look at it.

Short trip. A few clothes and a tiny music player, with headphones and charger. E-book reader. Toothbrush and shaving equipment (if needed, currently wearing a beard now).

Long trip - electronics jump bag. Netbook computer with AC adapter. Music player with headphones. Micca video player with HDMI cables and remote. Zipper bag of micro sd chips and micro SD reader adapter. E-book reader. Flip phone. Battery charger. extension cords.
Second bag of clothes.

(If I go back to the same place many times (like Hawaii to dodge winter) and I can afford the cost (not able to in Hawaii any more) rent the smallest storage area available, to pre-position cooking gadgets, ect.)

Since I live in Texas, there is no place I want to go for an extended trip in driving distance. Therefore, All the baggage I carry has to go on a plane, which limits what I carry.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet that I use every time.

If driving, I bring the whole list including kitchen supplies, plastic, paper, foil products, knife set, candles, cocktail napkins, board games.......and the list goes on. If it's for a couple of weeks, I bring a cooler full of fresh and frozen food too.

If flying, I bring the kitchen stuff, but make sure it fits into a box that can be kept closed during the baggage process.

To me, I'm going on a great vacation where I do a lot of cooking in the unit so I want it to be easy and without waste. Of course we bring back less than we take.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, and we've figured out how to pack very light from a clothing perspective which saves a lot of space when flying.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We bring our own trash bags that are large and stronger than those filmsy trash bags at most resorts. We also bring a small George Foreman grill for cooking steaks, bacon and grilling some seafood .

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I don't cook much when we visit our timeshares - we eat breakfast and lunch in the villa and go out for dinner, so we don't need to bring kitchen items. But on my Must-Pack list I have:
  • heating pad (someone, usually me, often has a backache)
  • various sized Ziploc bags
  • twist ties
  • Tide pods and dryer sheets
  • stain-stick (two boys plus DH, 'nuff said)
  • night light
  • multi-plug outlet
  • small bag of OTC meds (Advil, Tums, Dramamine, melatonin, etc.)

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
Great post! Lots of great ideas! Here's some things we bring when driving.

Instant Pot
Sharp knife
Tongs
Salt/pepper/spices (in ziplock bags)
Splenda packets
Coffee filters
Vitamix blender - agree with other poster the blenders in the room aren't very good. Saves on our bar and smoothie tab ;-)
Small soft cooler
Can opener
Assorted Ziplock bags -very useful!
Sheets of aluminum foil
Garbage bags
Tylenol/advil
Router
Reusable water bottles
Sunscreen

Splurge item - Helinox beach chairs. Very compact/lightweight and can pack in our luggage when flying.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a list depending on where we are going, Orlando now have Owners locker so stuff I bring is almost nothing- I will be buying that knife next time though, and leaving in the box!
If not Orlando- and flying- I have to have some of my coffee creamer for the am so take the pods. Laundry pods/dryer sheets, ziplocks, towel clips, the box with OTC meds (like a small compartmental jewelry box- labeled with med name)- cruise trick but easier than taking the Tylenol bottle and the Advil pm bottle, the vitamins D bottle, the Benadryl bottle etc. I always have the travel hand sanitizer and wipes - way before covid (and I’d always get new ones before the next trip- let’s just say I could have made a killing on eBay last March :LOL:)
A small Penzeys spice box with four spices-usually a Mexican blend, Italian blend, Fox Point and cinnamon.
Adding this now- especially when go to Orlando- the sample sizes are perfect for travel! And the cinnamon is the best!

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel like I learned this on TUG, but I now take 2 kitchen sponges. I presoak them in dish detergent at home, let them dry out, and then cut into pieces so that I have enough for 1-2 per day.

When our destination doesn’t have gas grills available, we buy a small propane grill and pass it on at the end of our stay. After a long winter, grilled brats and burgers are sooo good, and the grill pays for itself in a meal or two.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
I bring a lot of what has been mentioned especially the spices. One thing I do use as my personal item bag is the Costco cooler bag. I just put my airplane stuff in it. We love having a cooler bag for car trips so we can bring drinks and snacks and sometimes a sandwich. I also pack ziplock gallon baggies to make ice bags for the cooler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now we will need to add a few cans of Lysol spray and a box of Lysol wipes to the list.
Plus some masks and some hand sanitizer because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Zip-lock bags are a must for us...as is cocktail sauce when traveling to Mexico. We can (and do) buy good shrimp there, but have never found a decent cocktail sauce. Horseradish seems to be an unknown element in Mexico. One or two bottle stoppers for wine have also been helpful.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Forgot to mention gripstix, an absolute must for closing up chip bags

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
My list is different depending on our destination. My most extensive list is for our trips to Maui. Here is that anal-retentive list:
  • Coozies for 12-oz cans
  • Salt/Pepper
  • Seasoned Salt/Pepper
  • Bloody Mary seasonings
  • Bamboo spears
  • Dry BBQ rub
  • Hawaiian spices
  • Ziploc bags
  • Plastic cups
  • Glad Ware
  • Aluminum foil
  • Paper napkins
  • Collapsible coolers
  • Tide pods
  • Paper plates
  • Reusable bags
  • Cedar planks (2) -- for grilling
  • Clothes pins (3) -- for chip bags
  • Kitchen knives
  • Knife sharpener
  • Yeti tumblers and straws
  • Night light -- for bathroom

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
coffee filters
sharpie

I NEVER check a bag.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Nespresso machine
Tide pods
Cascade pods
Waffle maker
All spices
Bluetooth speakers
Ziplock bags
Rubbermaid containers
Rubber gloves to cook with
(Better) garbage bags
All types of food
Coffee

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Towel clamps for beach towels, baggies dry rub spices, band aids.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
coffee filters
sharpie

I NEVER check a bag.

I used to have this view, but for longer trips where we're flying we'll suck it up and wait for the luggage. At least with Cancun it's usually sitting there after you get through Immigracion. I get really PO'd having to pay resort prices for sunscreen, so this is probably a "me" problem.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I used to have this view, but for longer trips where we're flying we'll suck it up and wait for the luggage. At least with Cancun it's usually sitting there after you get through Immigracion. I get really PO'd having to pay resort prices for sunscreen, so this is probably a "me" problem.
We get free bags on American so we tend to check. For a business trip when time is of the essence or we have a very tight connection or it’s just a long weekend, we won’t check, but for a normal vacation we check bags.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
we each get two checked bags on delta. Meat and produce is not often the best quality and very expensive, as are condiments, sun screen etc. we freeze the meats and pack in a beach towel (Still frozen when we get there). Anyway, when we go down to St. Thomas we bring:

Brisket / BBQ (from our local mission bbq)
Hot Italian Sausage X 10
A Flank steak
Chicken Breasts x4
Steak x4
Salmon Steak
Cold Cuts, hickory smoked turkey (Black Forest) roast beef
Coffee
Mustard/Mayo
Spices
Smoked Salmon/Tuna
Salmon Steak
Sliced provolone, Swiss, cheddar
Assorted Block Cheese feta, goat, cheddar, manchego.
Pam or Butter
Baggies
Foil
Plastic Wrap
Laundry supplies
Speaker
Sun screen

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I like the idea of takeout containers and just recycling after. We have a lot of them.

We always bring a night light for the bathrooms so we can keep the room dark and not turn on the overhead.

We also have been using Alexa every night to talk to my mom. We still do it when we go on vacation. We bring an Echo Show so we can connect to the wifi no problem without using a hot spot. You need a screen to do that.

I need a blanket and a pillow for the car ride, but I also need it for the couch!

I keep my list in Microsoft To Do. Here it is.

Packing

❏ Alcohol
❏ Alexa
❏ Bathing suit
❏ Blanket
❏ Bluetooth headphones
❏ Boxed wine
❏ Bug spray
❏ Butt pillows
❏ Cash
❏ Cbd cream
❏ Chris phone cord
❏ Chris phone plug for phone cord
❏ Clean out cat box
❏ Clippers
❏ Coffee
❏ Coffee cup
❏ Coffee filters
❏ Computer
❏ Computer power cord
❏ Eggs and bacon butter yoghurt
❏ Ethernet cord
❏ First aid
❏ Food
❏ Gift cards
❏ Glasses
❏ Hats
❏ Ice pack
❏ Kindle
❏ Laundry detergent
❏ Lollipops
❏ Makeup
❏ Market basket bag
❏ Masks
❏ Mct oil
❏ Medicine
❏ Night light
❏ Noise making machine
❏ Old Bay Seasoning
❏ Olives
❏ Paper towels
❏ Phone
❏ Phone battery pack
❏ Phone stand up charger
❏ Pillow
❏ Power strip
❏ Rain ponchos
❏ Regular bottle of listerene
❏ Shoes
❏ Sunscreen
❏ Tea
❏ Tickets and maps
❏ Toothbrush
❏ Towels
❏ Trash bags
❏ Tumi bag
❏ Tweezers
❏ Watch
❏ Waters
You take your cat to a timeshare?

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
You take your cat to a timeshare?
No!

I just have to remember to clean the cat box before I leave!

I just took my whole list and pasted it in.

My kids are here taking care of the cat, but I tell them to change the cat box on trash day. We have a Litter Robot, we call it the "poo palace." BEST INVENTION EVER! I usually do the litter though and I dont necessarily do it on trash day. I just want to make sure it is cleaned out so the trash day reminder works.

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Normally I don't pay much mind to the kitchen accoutrements but since we are not dining out yet, I have a new appreciation for what is here, and what isn't. In our unit there are 2 sauce pots, one soup pot and a very sad "non-stick" frying pan that I cannot, cannot get the black burnt stuff out of. Seems like there should be a few more of each, and especially the fry pan. I had to call to get dishwasher pods, and the ones they brought were in little plastic bags, not original packaging.

So here's what I'd bring currently:
-tide pods for clothes washer-
a small fry pan
cookie sheet
cooking utensils incl. teflon spatulas, wooden spoons, other home favorites
foil, plastic, plastic bags
storage for leftovers

Also I usually bring a drying rack for hang-to-dry clothing, my own hangars, pump soap dispensers, clothes pins
boot dryer for ski locations
small vacuum for sandy places

There's room because we drive. And, I would like to bring my cats...

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll add rice cooker to the list. Can't do without it.

I would also like to bring my cats. (No, it's not the angry one looking through the window.)