• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Hunger Games

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did I miss the thread?

My DD said she thought it was the best film adaptation of a book she'd seen.

While I thought it was done well, I wouldn't have understood some of it if I hadn't read the book.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. I read the book series when it came out and I thought the movie did a bad job on showing the complexity of the relationships. I guess if I looked at the movie as a movie and not as a book, I would have thought it was great.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a non book reader, I didn't think the movie was that great. The last 1.5hrs of the movie dragged on and was simply irritating that it was drug out. They could have cut it in half.

Furthermore, they did little to tell about the backstory, which probably would have gone a long way to making the movie better.

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Read the books last year, saw the movie last week. I would (and did) re-read the books but wouldn't see the movie again. there were parts in the books that dragged too but it was easy to get thru.

You could only assume the importance of Gale in the movie due to the several shots of him brooding. I thought Haymitch should have looked more like a drunken homeless bum than Woody H. looked. You never got the feeling of how much the Games had destroyed Haymitch's life. The Avox girl gets a specific mention in the credit but played no role in the movie at all (Effie gives her an order once and that was it).

I was disappointed that they used cliches for the populations in the districts.

I also think they missed the mark badly when they had the Capital cut in before Katniss and Peeta had put the nightlock berries into their mouth (as they did in the book). You therefore miss how deadly serious everyone was at the end to get their own desired ending to the Games.

And not least, the jump shot camera moves (which I had read about before hand so thankfully I was prepared) made my motion sickness pop up a bit.

I think it was a harder movie to make though as alot of the 'action' occurs within the characters - and that is often hard to show on screen.