• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Evolution of a Virtual Primary

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
In PMs I have been asked by a few Tuggers who I endorse for this election. The email I sent to all owners emphasized the need for all owners to vote. I stated that all candidates appeared to be qualified. I specifically did not endorse any candidate at that time.

Prior to the USPS annual meeting notice, ballot and candidate biographies going out, I directly emailed all candidates to inform them of the opportunity to participate in this KBV Public Forum. To my recollection, only three current candidates have done so: Larry Warner, Larry Geiger, and Brian Reichel.

Brian Reichel and Larry Geiger have engaged in this forum. Their posts speak for themselves.

Incumbent Larry Warner has been subjected to ad hominem attacks largely based on taking certain details out of context and combining them with baseless claims. He is aware of the recent postings here. At this point, I believe he chooses to not engage. Larry is a very competent person. He and I have different perspectives on several matters, but we do listen to each other. Diversity in this context is a virtue.

To my knowledge none of the other candidates, incumbent and non-incumbent alike, have posted here. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.) I have no way of knowing if they even read the forum.

I now modify my original position of not endorsing any candidate. I believe that all KBV owners who read this forum should vote for one or more candidates who have participated here on their own. Total reliance on a campaign manager instead of personal engagement does not satisfy me. But that’s just me.

Given free virtual tools including polls and surveys, in future years, this forum can serve as a virtual primary for owners to down select from a broad field of candidates to the few who best represent the interests of the majority. The pattern of incumbents getting elected simply because they are incumbents can be overcome.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
To my knowledge none of the other candidates, incumbent and non-incumbent alike, have posted here. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.) I have no way of knowing if they even read the forum.

I now modify my original position of not endorsing any candidate. I believe that all KBV owners who read this forum should vote for one or more candidates who have participated here on their own. Total reliance on a campaign manager instead of personal engagement does not satisfy me.

Whole hearted agreement.

Research the issues that are important to you, and based on the facts reach whatever conclusion they lead you to. As much as this is being framed as "keeping Wyndham from taking over KBV", the reality is there is no Wyndham-affiliated employee up for election this cycle - only concerned owners who want the same thing as you do - transparency and the long-term success of KBV.

Last edited:

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
I think that all BOD members and candidates should participate in this forum; whether they are employeed by Windham or not. They should continue to keep the owners informed about what is happening to the property and what or how they feel about it. This is their open forum and if they choose to not communicate, so be it. Large corporate BOD members are chosen by what talent or knowledge they can bring to the table. We need to do the same and forget the social or friendship aspects of the candidates.

Do NOT post facts unless you can second source them. Sound familiar? Hearsay and getting it from a third party is not a second source. We are all adults; lets act like that.

Tom

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
ecwinch said:
... there is no Wyndham-affiliated employee up for election this cycle
I don't think that is accurate, strictly speaking. From Danielle Ramos's Candidate statement: "I have been in the timeshare industry for the last 22 years, and currently serve as the Regional Controller for Wyndham Vacation Resorts in Hawaii".

Other posters in the KBV square have stated that Dani does not own at KBV. I would like to know if that is true or not. I believe it is pertinent.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
ecwinch said:
I don't think that is accurate, strictly speaking. From Danielle Ramos's Candidate statement: "I have been in the timeshare industry for the last 22 years, and currently serve as the Regional Controller for Wyndham Vacation Resorts in Hawaii".

Other posters in the KBV square have stated that Dani does not own at KBV. I would like to know if that is true or not. I believe it is pertinent.

Thanks for that correction. I had thought only Larry and Trish were up for reelection. In the words of Emily Litella....

67634255.jpg