• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Corn Palace

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to The Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD? We are going by there on a timeshare trip to Minnesota and can decide if we want to drive an extra 150 miles to see it or not.

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was there in August. Waste of time, IMO. It's a tourist trap - nothing but a bunch of souvenir and trinket shops, once you get inside.

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
On our trip out west a few years ago we stopped overnight in Mitchell and went in town the next morning. We found it interesting because they were re-doing the scene on the outside. They change it every year. We did go inside to see the photos of the various designs they had in the past. Would we have driven 150 miles to see it? I doubt it, but we were taking I-90 anyway.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
150 miles seems excessive, but we enjoyed spending an hour (or less) there with our kids, some years ago.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
no, don't drive 150 miles to see it. i will send you pictures.

did you take the trip to the black Hills yet?

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Corn Palace!!!! Wow!!!

That is on our list of must do things, right after the world's biggest ball of string!

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
We stopped there because it wasn't out of our way. It was fine as a way to take a break on our long driving trip and interesting to see how they can make all the different pictures out of corn and grains. Would I drive 150 miles out of my way? No.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I remember my visit fondly, but it has been 40 years or so.

Sheila

klisow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't stop special for that, its not worth the extra driving. Which resort in MN are you visiting and when? I live in MN, and have stayed at a few of them. It's a beautiful state to visit.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying at Breezy Shores Resort & Beach Club in Detroit Lakes. Have you stayed there and how is it? We have a lake front unit. It was a last minute exchange and my wife's sisters from Shakopee are coming up for the weekend.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stopped by there and Wall Drug on a long long road trip in my youth. Not sure I would go out of the way to see the places again, but it was fun at the time.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stopped by there and Wall Drug on a long long road trip in my youth. Not sure I would go out of the way to see the places again, but it was fun at the time. Both are a piece of Americana....

eakhat

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stopped at the Corn Palace when it wasn't out of our way. It was a disappointment; we definitely wouldn't go 150 miles out of our way to see it.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, we stopped at Walls Drugs last month on our way to the Badlands, think I will save gas and do the Corn Palace when I am on the road by it.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good idea. South Dakota is a good state to visit, but there is so much of nothing between the east and west borders, which have the interesting sites to visit. The ranches keep the country fed, but aren't much to look at.