• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Bubble Room,Captiva

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
A neighbor has just recommended we try this restaurant for dinner. Any comments anyone? As well as any other recommendations.

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Bubble room is good. My personal preference was the Mucky Duck with its outside bar area with entertainment.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Pre hurricane it smelled like wet dirty diapers and there were no kids around to blame it on. Eclectic nostalgia decor. We ate there because of a post. I was really disappointed but many like it.

We did eat at Keylime Bistro and I enjoyed that much more. We ate at RC Otters also.

http://www.captiva-island.com/amrc/restaurants.htm

Mucky Duck we never got to. There are lots of places to eat in Sanibel but I never wanted to leave Captiva. There was a pizza place in a plaza just outside SS Plantation gates.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to the Bubble Room in October 2007 for lunch. It's an interesting place with lots of old toys, toy trains, and other nostalgic items that are literally stuck everywhere. Our kids liked it.

It's been there a long time and is an institution. It is somewhat overpriced and the food is okay. It was also musty in some areas of the restaurant.

I think it is one of those places that you will want to go once and then, once you've seen it, may find other places with better food, etc.

Mucky Duck, which is a block down Ande Rosse lane, is right on the beach and has great sunsets and pretty good food.

Green flash, RC Otters both in Captiva are also good. Many others on Sanibel, too.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's worth going to once, especially for lunch, but I don't care for it. Got a completely spoiled steak there once, you could smell it before it got put on the table. Husband got sick after eating there. I can't say definitely that it was their food but we think so. Their desserts are good.

Key Lime Bistro used to be a favorite but IMO it has gone downhill in the last 3 years. RC Otters is owned by the same person but I like it much better.

I love Doc Fords, Lazy Flamingo and Green Flash. Timbers, Matzuluna, Sanibel Grille, Traders are all good. Mucky Duck is good but I like the atmosphere better than the food. Most people like Island Cow, I've had good and bad experiences. Schnapper Hots are great for hot dogs and grouper sandwiches. There are probably more I'm forgetting.

Can you tell I like to eat?

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Entertainment Book

We were in SS the year before the hurricane so some of this may have changed.

The Entertainement book had many coupons for places to eat on Sanibel and a cruise coupon for the dolphin tour that leaves from SS and a dinner cruise for one from Ft Myers. I also think there were a few Captiva coupons.

Sometimes there are manatees by the marina dock in SS. DH also took sailing lessons there.

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second the recommendation for the Lazy Flamingo - I like the location (there are two on Sanibel) just before you cross onto Captiva

it has a "salty old bar" type atmosphere. good seafood (grouper, etc). very cold beer.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We always enjoy the Island Cow on Sanibel. Right on the main drag. You can't miss it.

Sheila

silvib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input everyone - we're heading out after lunch!

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
A neighbor has just recommended we try this restaurant for dinner. Any comments anyone? As well as any other recommendations.

I've found the Bubble Room to be hit or miss, having dined there several times over the past 8 or 10 years, but not since 2004. I agree that it's better as a lunch place than dinner . . . and the Mucky Duck is a better dinner choice particularly if you're around at sunset :)