• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Anti-Timeshare Industry

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Hard To Disagree With That.

Although my husband likes the trips, he thinks that the time I spend on TUG, etc. is ridiculous.
The old man may have a point.

Shux, I spend w-a-y too much time at TUG-BBS myself. It's a way of getting vicarious extra enjoyment out of my timeshares, when I'm sitting at home in front of the electric computer instead of being away on travel enjoying a luxury timeshare vacation.

Plus, I grossly misuse TUG-BBS along the lines of a personal web-log ("blog"), with entries devoted to horns & dentistry & music & dinky non-traveling travel trailers & personal doofusness & I don't know what-all. One of these days no doubt the TUG Grand Pro will blow the whistle on that & I'll have to go start a real blog. The main thing keeping me from doing that now is that here at TUG-BBS I already have an audience, whereas I believe most personal blogs receive only a fraction of the page views of TUG-BBS entries. So it goes.

At least I limit the computer-based vicarious stuff to TUG-BBS instead of the myriad other timeshare web sites out there -- well, TUG-BBS plus 1 resort-specific timeshare Yahoo "Group" that I belong to. But the majority of the goofing around part is on TUG-BBS. Despite my best efforts the Yahoo "Group" is still semi-serious most of the time.

So it goes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sell them timeshares

I'm sad:bawl: I never get any offers to "take your timeshare off your hands"
I'd love to go play with these folks, just like a cat playing with a mouse
Do they give away anything like a free dinner or something??

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Cheapie Freebies.

Do they give away anything like a free dinner or something?
$25 gas card.

Big deal.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
So here’s to the foolishness in all of us. Enjoy it when it happens – and hope it doesn’t cause you too much pain.

I shortened the quote down to the best thing I saw in this whole thread. I can think of so many things besides timeshares that quote could apply to.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Plus, I grossly misuse TUG-BBS along the lines of a personal web-log ("blog"), with entries devoted to horns & dentistry & music & dinky non-traveling travel trailers & personal doofusness & I don't know what-all. One of these days no doubt the TUG Grand Pro will blow the whistle on that & I'll have to go start a real blog. The main thing keeping me from doing that now is that here at TUG-BBS I already have an audience, whereas I believe most personal blogs receive only a fraction of the page views of TUG-BBS entries. So it goes.

not at all...thats what the lounge is for after all!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
one note to add about ARDA this year sofar.

I am extremely impressed at all the "internet / community interaction" sessions talking about the future of the industry existing in the online world and that these huge companies need to get on board with interacting with their owners online in communities such as tug etc...because their owners quote: "are going to participate with or without them"

It would appear that some of these large developers truly want to embrace their customers online and are willing to take the heat in the beginning to learn and grow to improve their customers happiness about their timeshare ownership!

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sad:bawl: I never get any offers to "take your timeshare off your hands"
I'd love to go play with these folks, just like a cat playing with a mouse
Do they give away anything like a free dinner or something??

In prior years, one would call the phone number on the postcard and a "live" person would answer and give info about the location where the "meeting" would be held.

During the past year or so, when you call the number there is a recording telling you to leave your name and number and someone will get back with you. I know a couple who have a lot of fun with this. They call from public phones using different accents and babble on about how they have this week at a prime Hawaii or Florida or Marriott resort and they are just too old to be going on vacations. They say they want to sell it real cheap or even give it away. They sometimes say they'll even pay someone to take it over. Then they say that they will anxiously await a call back but, oh my, they "forget" to leave their name or number.

They even have their grown children, grandchildren, and some family friends participating in the "game". They say they do it because they are so opposed to the scare tactics these PCCs use to rip-off people.

Some of their family members, especially the teens, have gotten rather creative, leaving funny names and call back phone numbers such as "My name is Miss Apple" and they leave the number of a fruit store. One left the number for the city morgue and said to ask for Mr. Stiffie. One left the number and extension for the Fraud Unit at the county court. They have a lot of fun trying to out do each other.

I pretend to be shocked :D