• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The 1.5 hour presentation...

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Children are a godsend at TS tours. Try to get an infant or toddler to sit still for 2 hours. But the last tour backfired on me. The Hilton Waikoloa had an absolutely great play room for the kids that was open and within arms reach of us. It had soft colorful lighting, flat screen TV and each kid had their own headphones to listen to the TV.

My daughter didn't want to leave!

Last time I went on a TS tour, I took my baby and we were done before meeting with our agent. I guess that means 0 minutes? I didn't say anything about buying or not buying. They just called our name and gave us voucher for the money. My wife could not believe it cuz she hates going on tours.
Maybe they let us go early cuz of the baby. Anyways, I will keep that in mind.
* One sad note - my co woker just came back from Hawaii and told me he bought TS from developer. He came back last week. I was going to say something but I held back. I think it's better for him to enjoy his purchase than ruining it by telling him about resale.

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll give them the full 1 1/2 hr, but before we start we get in writing the goodies included. In Wmsburg, admission to CW, admission to Busch Gardens, dinner, but can't remember where. At Sedona, Pink Jeep tour, cash. At PB Mazatlan, Fiesta, tequila factory, and in house meal vouchers. There have been others, but usually we commit for about $300 cash or equivalent value.

If it's an 'owner update' a meal and ~$100 is about what it's worth.

Jim Ricks

Hi. Can you please give me the basic info. and if it is worth it for the Owners Info. I own at both OLCC in Orlando and Waterside by Spinnaker in HHI and always get a call for an Owner Update. We are offered money (I think we were offered $125 at Spinnaker a couple of weeks ago) but just thought it would be a pitch to buy another week. I always quickly but politely say thank you, I will call you if we find the time during our vacation.
Should I go? I figured I find out about any updates in our newsletters. Thanks.

skimble

TUG Member
Reaction score
One reason you can give for RCI weeks not being on the way out.......

RCI will not allow any resort to become a points resort that isn't at least Silver Crown. 90% of RCI's inventory of timeshares aren't Silver Crown. I know this for a fact because Twin Rivers just affiliated with RCI (we were exclusive to II for 27 years), and we were interested in becoming a points resort. We were told we couldn't because Twin Rivers doesn't qualify.

J

The rationale I used was California Coastal weeks. I know for certain that GPR weeks will not turn to the points system. And, GPR is responsible for 7 coastal resorts in California, just about half. And, these are the bulk of the gold crown resorts, highest demand.
RCI cannot convert everything to points without these 7 resorts.

dwsupt

TUG Member
Reaction score
My best TS sales stories

My wife and I have attended several pitches over the years, but the best two that I remember happened in Florida and down in Branson. The one in Florida was about 5 yrs after we were married and still had young children. I could sense that my wife was begginning to like what she was hearing from the moving lips. Now you need to know that this woman is afraid of nothing, that is except snakes. She is deathly afraid of them. All of them. Anyway this salesman is pulling her in hook line and sinker, when he started to babble about the snakes and crocks in the area. SALE OVER! I was still laughing when we walked out the door!:hysterical:

Another time in Branson we took the kids with us to A TS pitch that was swamped. They were running 30 minutes late. We were to get 2 tickets to the Dixie Stampede Dinner show. It was our anniversary, so I said why not? To my shock, after about 10 minutes of ice breakers and finding out that we also own a campground membership, they gave us our dinners and allowed us to leave!!!! Of course there were 20 more suckers in the waiting room, but we were eating out that night! :banana: