• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Testing the Max Exchange between DRI and HGVC

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Honestly, DeX is the most appealing thing in DRI to me. If I wanted it bad enough, I would buy a deeded week at a DRI resort that can be traded in it. But it is not worth that to me. So far, my impression of HGV Max is it is mostly putting lipstick on a pig.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
So it would seem that they modified THE Club exchange procedures for HGV Max and that HGV Max is really run through THE Club point exchange system. Perhaps that would explain why there is more HVC in Max, because leftover inventory in THE Club is mostly DRI stuff. HGVC inventory can't get into THE Club unless HGV puts it there or an HGV Max member books something through THE Club.
That sounds reasonable.

muscae

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara, Sunrise, Trump, Seaworld
I will book a studio at W57 or when a 1BR is not available. I booked a studio for the HGV Tournament of Champions last January and got a complimentary elite upgrade to a 1BR. This coming January I booked a 1BR Mon thru Thurs night, then.a studio Fri thru Sun night, and back to a 1BR for the next Mon thru Thur, first time I am trying it to minimize point. I have no booking fees.

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
Thank you. Did you type that in or is it in the system?

I don’t quite understand your question. I searched availability for the Tuscany Resort (screenshot), and Orlando (PDF).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I don’t quite understand your question. I searched availability for the Tuscany Resort (screenshot), and Orlando (PDF).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know how that interface works. Some you can type anything but others are restricted to just properties in the system.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I just wonder if they can dump unsold inventory into Max, like they do into Hilton. I am not sure how many people buy studios at Tuscany.

I think this is your answer, also remember the Club Rules state they can take what they want in open season.

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
I don't know how that interface works. Some you can type anything but others are restricted to just properties in the system.
When reservations are available, it looks very similar to your screenshot of "The Club". As shown in my screenshot, I just start typing in the "Going to:" field and it starts auto-suggesting properties or cities as I keep typing more letters. Tuscany came up in the search, but as said earlier there is no availability for non-Max. The fact that Tuscany isn't in The Club Member Directory as posted by others earlier leads me to believe this was never available through DRI's The Club.

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
The HGVC locations have in the past, listed the available units thru Hilton as hotel type rentals for "Hilton cash". I'm guessing these locations will also be compensation with "Max cash" for those exchanges????

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The HGVC locations have in the past, listed the available units thru Hilton as hotel type rentals for "Hilton cash". I'm guessing these locations will also be compensation with "Max cash" for those exchanges????
I believe you are referring to reimbursements to the resorts to cover additional housekeeping costs since cash Hilton rates usually include daily housekeeping but timeshare stays are not? With Max, you are just doing an exchange. There is no change to housekeeping frequency unless people do shorter stays. Something that already happens in HGVC today.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
A company with over 700K members should really have a means for owners to ask questions and get honest answers. Telling us to ask the sales staff is ridiculous.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
A company with no over 700K members should really have a means for owners to ask questions and get honest answers. Telling us to ask the sales staff is ridiculous.
I would agree, but the others out there with similar numbers aren't much better.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
All of the details are outlined in the respective exchange procedures for each program. One thing that these systems won't share in those is inventory management. They like to keep that as opaque as possible as it gives them leeway in how they move inventory around between the systems and also keeps owners guessing and potentially buying.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is that available?
The Max procedures are in post #23. I am sure one is available for the HGVC point system also. I found the ones for Max don't seem to have the same legalese as what Marriott provides for their Abound program.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
All of the details are outlined in the respective exchange procedures for each program.
I read through the "exchange procedure" and it didn't give details on how this works. For me, it is super vague. Here is really the only thing that I found:

At six months prior to the desired check-out date, HGV Max Members
may utilize The Club Points to request an exchange into any HGVClub
Resort available within HGVClub.

Did I miss something?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I read through the "exchange procedure" and it didn't give details on how this works. For me, it is super vague. Here is really the only thing that I found:

At six months prior to the desired check-out date, HGV Max Members
may utilize The Club Points to request an exchange into any HGVClub
Resort available within HGVClub.

Did I miss something?
You didn't miss anything, as I mentioned in my post, they keep inventory management vague and opaque. Proprietary information....