• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Testing the Max Exchange between DRI and HGVC

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
So, I had a friend pull up the availability at Tuscany Village for December in The Club with HGV Max and then I pulled up the same thing on the HGVC Legacy side and here are the differences. Interestingly, on The Club side, they have 7 night availability for studios but none in HGVC. They only have studios and 1 bedroom so no 2 or 3 bedrooms. So, they do not match but the opposite of what I thought. I thought the DRI side would have less but it appears they have more so either HGVClub with HGV Max owners have exchanged into DRI or HGV has dumped some unsold inventory into DRI...or something else.

1699487616558.png

1699487678987.png

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
It still could be like RCI where the inventory on HGVC is pulled and deposited into HGV Max.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will add The Club ones larger:
1699488010193.png

1699488028490.png

1699488049427.png

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you're seeing more availability in an HGVC resort for DRI owners who have bought into HVC Max than for a regular HGVC owner (who did not buy into Max)?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So you're seeing more availability in an HGVC resort for DRI owners who have bought into HVC Max than for a regular HGVC owner (who did not buy into Max)?
for studios. There is more availability for 1 beds on the HGVC side. There is no availability for 2 bed on the DRI side but there is on the HGV side neither have 3 beds.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. In that case, it kind of makes sense to me that they would push the studios over to incent the DRI owners with Max to buy into HGVC. Why waste a 1 or 2 bedroom when a studio would do.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it would be worth testing more to see the differences though. This was a very limited example of Tuscany Village in December but it surprised me that there were more studios available, including week long ones, than in HGVC.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I do agree that it was too small a test but to me, it seems obvious that they aren't the same. Now, what is the reason for the difference?

drucifer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Enclave
I think it would be worth testing more to see the differences though. This was a very limited example of Tuscany Village in December but it surprised me that there were more studios available, including week long ones, than in HGVC.
Weird. I also have to wonder if this is intentional "yield management" or if it's just the lousy IT infrastructure that HGVC seems to struggle with.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
lousy IT infrastructure that HGVC seems to struggle with.
The one thing that HGV IT hasn't messed up (that I know of) is inventory control. That is super important. Somehow, I expect that this is by design for whatever reason.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just wonder if they can dump unsold inventory into Max, like they do into Hilton. I am not sure how many people buy studios at Tuscany.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just wonder if they can dump unsold inventory into Max, like they do into Hilton. I am not sure how many people buy studios at Tuscany.
It it's developer inventory, I imagine they can do what they want.

Developers have long placed unsold inventory with RCI/II/other exchange company to drive traffic to the resort to feed the sales floor. Developers liked that because it often easier to sell product to someone who already owns a timeshare. It seems plausible to me that Hilton might put some of their inventory in Max to drive traffic.

What would be interesting is if some of that inventory showed up for (nee DRI) Club owners who have not joined Max. The DRI system did show availability for some properties that weren't timeshares but for which DRI apparently obtained inventory. If a non-HGVMax owner can also call up inventory for Tuscany Village, then that suggests Hilton is putting unsold inventory in the HGV Club without going through the Max portal.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That needs to be the next test. We need a non-Max DRI owner to check. There is availability in RCI.

1699493823681.png

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Quite often when rolling out a new program, they want owners to be able to see and access inventory. They don't want a lot of complaints. So as you mention, it is very possible they are seeing inventory into HGV Max. Could be unsold inventory or inventory they forecast will make it into Max anyway. I would think studios in Orlando are not all that popular?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That needs to be the next test. We need a non-Max DRI owner to check. There is availability in RCI.
If they put the inventory in Destination Exchange, it would be available to anyone on the ex-DRI side of the portal. And if the inventory is in Destination Exchange, the 6-month before check-in stipulation wouldn't apply, either.

Reactions: cd5

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quite often when rolling out a new program, they want owners to be able to see and access inventory. They don't want a lot of complaints. So as you mention, it is very possible they are seeing inventory into HGV Max. Could be unsold inventory or inventory they forecast will make it into Max anyway. I would think studios in Orlando are not all that popular?
Studios probably get used the most as part of a lock out versus by itself but I am sure some get used. A lot of families go there though...so they need bigger space.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If they put the inventory in Destination Exchange, it would be available to anyone on the ex-DRI side of the portal. And if the inventory is in Destination Exchange, the 6-month before check-in stipulation wouldn't apply, either.
I am not sure HGVC/HC properties are in DeX though.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC

View attachment 83856
Here ya go. I'm a DRI US Collection owner without Max. No availability from Dec 1-15 at Tuscany, but availability at other resorts.

I often take advantage of the Loyalty Accommodation Upgrade, so I could upgrade from a Studio to 1BR for $20/night - assuming 1BRs were available. They may be limiting 1 BRs to prevent using the LAU.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 6.35.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 6.35.44 PM.png
    285.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Online Reservations.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here ya go. I'm a DRI US Collection owner without Max. No availability from Dec 1-15.

I often take advantage of the Loyalty Accommodation Upgrade, so I could upgrade from a Studio to 1BR for $20/night - assuming 1BRs were available. They may be limiting 1 BRs to prevent using the LAU.
Thank you. Did you type that in or is it in the system?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Attachments

• HGV_MAX_Member_Information_Directory_2023_2024.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 23

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Attachments

• TheClub_2022_2023MemberDirectory.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 12

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is The Club Max guide
So it would seem that they modified THE Club exchange procedures for HGV Max and that HGV Max is really run through THE Club point exchange system. Perhaps that would explain why there is more HVC in Max, because leftover inventory in THE Club is mostly DRI stuff. HGVC inventory can't get into THE Club unless HGV puts it there or an HGV Max member books something through THE Club.