• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Temporary Timeshares

vkhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
Friends of mine just purchased what they called a temporary timeshare. Evidently, they do not pay MF and bought the equivalent of a week and a half for 1200 that they can break into segments of 3 days each.

This is the first I had heard about a purchase such as this. Has anyone else purchased a temp and, if so, how has it worked out, especially with regard to availability?

Thanks,

Joanne

vkhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that it is through Fairfield and that they can book at any Fairfield regardless of location. I know they booked a few nights in Williamsburgh for March. They claim it's cheaper than doing hotels for short term travel.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
No such thing. If this is with Fairfield, sounds as if they bought an 'exit program' where they get the use of a certain number of points for a set fee and that fee will be applied to a purchase if they come back and buy.

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
....We were offered the same thing after our 15th NO DEAL to the FF sales people. They refused to acknowledge the listings I had for points at about 2 cents each resale.

So, the last person we must have seen was the 'closer' who offered us a points package we could pay for and need to use up in 2 years.....but thats when we took out our listings of available week from the www.afvclub.com site....then it was $199 or 234 a week.....she finally let us go.