• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tapatalk Push Notifications not working on new phone

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my older Samsung phone with a new S22 Ultra. I noticed that I am no longer getting TUGBBS Push Notifications on my new phone, but still get them on my old phone when it is connected to wifi. I looked at all the push notification settings and they are set correctly but still no push notifications sent to my new phone. I even deleted the Tapatalk App and reloaded and still not push notifications. Any advice on how to get this resolved?

intoran

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue. Did you ever figure this out?

js203

TUG Member
Reaction score
Push notifications stopped working for me since the end of August. I didn’t get a new phone or anything.

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deleted and reloaded the Tapatalk app multiple times on both my Samsung personal phone and iphone work phone and on both of the phones, push notifications continues to not work. I contacted tapatalk and they state they are aware of the issue and will issue an update to their app, but nothing as of today.

Are any tapatalk users able to get push notifications?

McGinn

Reaction score
I’m having similar issue on my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
My push notifications have not worked for months. Does it work for anyone ?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we did a forum upgrade not so long ago, and with that a completely new version of tapatalk was installed as well. it has been working fine since?

i see no issues in the logs currently?

i did find one reference on the xenforo support forums about a known issue with tapatalk push notifications and the vbulletin redirect mod (which we had to use to migrate to xenforo and cant uninstall).

however, id think that would have manifested itself since the beginning, vs just a recent issue?

i do see another minor version of tapatalk was released, ill try to get that uploaded when i get some time.

js203

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still not getting notifications from subscriptions. Do you have to be a paid member of Tapatalk for notifications to work? Really want to get the updates from the forums I subscribed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im not aware of any membership requirement for tapatalk to send out push notifications. i can only suggest the same thing they do in uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your mobile device :(

intoran

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't get Tapatalk to work for this forum anymore, it has worked fine for years up until a month or so ago. Most of the forums just show empty with no threads, such as Last Minute Discounted Timeshare Rentals Offered and Sighting/Distressed. I've tried other phones, uninstalling/reinstalling, no account, new account, etc. Should mention this is all on Android.

Anyone else have this issue?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish i had some indication of any error or something to go on!

I have an android phone and tapatalk is working fine there (although it worked fine both before, and after our upgrade to the latest version of xenforo)

trev111t

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have entire subforums that don't show up in Tapatalk since the recent update. Marriott Vacation Club forum is gone for me in tapatalk, but when I log into the tug website directly, it shows up.
Pretty frustrating, hoping for a fix.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, the latest version of the xenforo software in mobile devices I actually find MORE appealing than the tapatalk app format?

for those still using tapatalk, have you by chance tried to disable it (on tug anyway) and browse the site using the native xenforo mobile format?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I have entire subforums that don't show up in Tapatalk since the recent update. Marriott Vacation Club forum is gone for me in tapatalk, but when I log into the tug website directly, it shows up.
Pretty frustrating, hoping for a fix.

I lost the Marriott Forum and sightings forum since mid January. Can't seem to get tapatalk to see those forums. I am able to see Hilton, Vistana, Hawaii and DVC forums. Tried reinstalling and u subscribing but Stull missing Marriott and Sightings forums.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
just out of curiosity, the latest version of the xenforo software in mobile devices I actually find MORE appealing than the tapatalk app format?

for those still using tapatalk, have you by chance tried to disable it (on tug anyway) and browse the site using the native xenforo mobile format?

Do you mean simply viewing TUG using a web browser on a mobile device?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes, just browsing forums using safari/chrome/etc on your phone without tapatalk.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
yes, just browsing forums using safari/chrome/etc on your phone without tapatalk.

Sure, the mobile browsers work but I much prefer the simplicity and cleanliness of Tapatalk when on mobile devices.

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tapatalk push notifications suddenly started working again today. Wonder how long that will last...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
zero change on our end.