• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

System Partially Down?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am getting the offline view of confirmations, and while I can see availability, I can't make reservations. Anyone else seeing the same thing tonight? (10:30PM Eastern).

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes, I am seeing the same issues as you. I sent feedback, fwiw.

I first noticed it around 10:00 ET.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. Still trying to get points restored from last week when the website was down. Always the same response that no one else reported these issues and web support is not aware of any issues.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still down at the open.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
... and still down over 3 hours later.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I just called and IT is running some maintenance checks. They are hoping it will be up by noon, tomorrow morning at the latest.

Hopefully good news (a recognized outage) if you had anything you needed to cancel yesterday. Thankfully, I am not in that boat (this time :)).

Good luck.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called and IT is running some maintenance checks. They are hoping it will be up by noon, tomorrow morning at the latest.

Hopefully good news (a recognized outage) if you had anything you needed to cancel yesterday. Thankfully, I am not in that boat (this time :)).

Good luck.

I am still getting the run around. The people I have spoken with cannot even grasp the idea of what I am looking at. Nor take my word for it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
its a known outage. and word is that they hope to be back up late tonight or in the morning

I had several reservations made yesterday inside the 15 day mark that I wanted to cancel last night (and get the points back) and several more that were right at 15 days to cancel yesterday.

I called this morning and got them all cancelled and got all the points back

ezpz

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Always easier when they recognize the outage :)

The system is up now, have fun all!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to be down again.

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trouble canceling reservations 10/16/2015

Just spent from 11:30 to 11:45 p.m. trying to cancel 3 reservations - first one @ 11:30 went fine - second one at about 11:32 required about 5 tries before it would cancel - third one I tried at least 50 times until website closed and it would not cancel. I logged out and back in several times but it would not cancel. All three reservations were made this a.m. and all three were within the 15 day window so not being able to cancel the third one requires that I use it or forfeit the points - I am not in a position to use it.

Jim

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just spent from 11:30 to 11:45 p.m. trying to cancel 3 reservations - first one @ 11:30 went fine - second one at about 11:32 required about 5 tries before it would cancel - third one I tried at least 50 times until website closed and it would not cancel. I logged out and back in several times but it would not cancel. All three reservations were made this a.m. and all three were within the 15 day window so not being able to cancel the third one requires that I use it or forfeit the points - I am not in a position to use it.

Jim

Call this morning, they can help if they believe you that the site wasnt working

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Extra Points (Problem???)

(((Just spent from 11:30 to 11:45 p.m. trying to cancel 3 reservations - first one @ 11:30 went fine - second one at about 11:32 required about 5 tries before it would cancel - third one I tried at least 50 times until website closed and it would not cancel. I logged out and back in several times but it would not cancel. All three reservations were made this a.m. and all three were within the 15 day window so not being able to cancel the third one requires that I use it or forfeit the points - I am not in a position to use it.)))

Just thought I would follow up on the above. The next morning I found an additional (approx.) 1.4 million points in my account - obviously each time I attempted to cancel the reservations they would not cancel but each attempt added points to my account. What to do??? Certainly entertained the thought of doing nothing - BUT I had several guest reservations (rentals) and needed to make several more - I could not afford Owner Care auditing my account and deleting any reservations - So I called Owner Care and presented the problem and they removed the extra points to get me back to where I should have been. A tough decision - but certainly the best one. I'm sure my account would be audited because after the website closed that night I e-mailed them about my problem in canceling, I did not know about the extra points until the next morning when I looked at my points availability. They got back to me after about 4 or 5 days (they say 24 to 48 hours on the e-mail confirmation) after I had called Owner Care and removed the points. Their return e-mail said that they observed that I had called Owner Care but did not confirm that there was any problem with the website that evening.

On a different note, how do you make a quoted phrase stand out in grey as most post I see do??

Jim

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
(((Just spent from 11:30 to 11:45 p.m. trying to cancel 3 reservations - first one @ 11:30 went fine - second one at about 11:32 required about 5 tries before it would cancel - third one I tried at least 50 times until website closed and it would not cancel. I logged out and back in several times but it would not cancel. All three reservations were made this a.m. and all three were within the 15 day window so not being able to cancel the third one requires that I use it or forfeit the points - I am not in a position to use it.)))

Just thought I would follow up on the above. The next morning I found an additional (approx.) 1.4 million points in my account - obviously each time I attempted to cancel the reservations they would not cancel but each attempt added points to my account. What to do??? Certainly entertained the thought of doing nothing - BUT I had several guest reservations (rentals) and needed to make several more - I could not afford Owner Care auditing my account and deleting any reservations - So I called Owner Care and presented the problem and they removed the extra points to get me back to where I should have been. A tough decision - but certainly the best one. I'm sure my account would be audited because after the website closed that night I e-mailed them about my problem in canceling, I did not know about the extra points until the next morning when I looked at my points availability. They got back to me after about 4 or 5 days (they say 24 to 48 hours on the e-mail confirmation) after I had called Owner Care and removed the points. Their return e-mail said that they observed that I had called Owner Care but did not confirm that there was any problem with the website that evening.

On a different note, how do you make a quoted phrase stand out in grey as most post I see do??

Jim

Click on the "Quote" button below the post you want to quote, then in the reply box that comes up put your cursor after the final bracketed >/QUOTE< item, type your reply, then hit "Submit Reply" or "Preview Post."

Last edited:

JimmieJames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Click on the "Quote" button below the post you want to quote, then in the reply box that comes up put your cursor after the final bracketed >/QUOTE< item, type your reply, then hit "Submit Reply" or "Preview Post."

Thank you - I think I have got it!!

Jim