• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I got things from a trip advisor person. He left me mats and an umbrella and a bag.

I'm in Oahu - passing it on to a tugger from 11-17. Anyone coming to HGVC then could get it then.

Perhaps we can make some sort of sticky for swaps in the future? Anyone in Kauai right now who wants to leave stuff for us? We arrive the 10th at Marriott Beach. We will leave it for someone on the 17th - just let us know if you want it.

sammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a great idea!

What a great idea! I can't count how many inflatables, beach mats, boogie boards, etc. I have left for the taking by total strangers. I'd much prefer to leave them for one of our many members who share their wealth of experience with the rest of us.

kmij

TUG Member
Reaction score
sawp

hi ellen,

leave it to you to come up with that bright idea. when we were at ko'olina in march this past winter, someone gave us a boogie board for our granddaughter, as they couldn't take it back with them on the plane. we found a nice family when we were leaving and passed it on to their children.
i would have loved to give it to a "tugger" but i couldn't find anyone with their "tugger" shirt on!!
have a great time, i know you will. it will be fun to get your report after your paradise vacation in the islands!

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a great idea. I would love to have had someone to hand things off to before I left the Islands the last time. You could also leave the items with the resort staff in the name of another TUGGER to pick up in case you were leaving the Island before the other arrives. Would make it possible to leave things for other TUGGERS even if you couldn't actually meet them.

Wyndham Kauai Beach Villas has a small room behind the check-in office where people leave things they can't take on the plane with them. As I dumped the stuff I couldn't take home I noticed that there were some swim masks, fins, snorkels, beach mats, boogie boards, noodles, and a few other things that were nice to not have to buy. I wish every resort in Hawaii or the Caribbean had that type of set up too.

Last edited:

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Great idea as I just leave them behind also especially the beach chairs.How would one do this?

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is a fantastic idea! Would be great to have a section or sticky on TUG where we could post about this. How does Brian feel about this idea? I think it would be very popular.

Janna

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a regional topic, so the Hawaii Board is the best place for it. We would not add another forum to TUG unless it was for a major topic. I will make this a sticky for now, and see how it goes.

HINT - Don't forget to check with your resort. Many resorts have free stuff you can borrow, because it's left behind by guests. This week we got 2 brand new beach chairs, a boogie board, and an ice chest, plus several novels.

Arnie

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi ellen,

leave it to you to come up with that bright idea. when we were at ko'olina in march this past winter, someone gave us a boogie board for our granddaughter, as they couldn't take it back with them on the plane. we found a nice family when we were leaving and passed it on to their children.
i would have loved to give it to a "tugger" but i couldn't find anyone with their "tugger" shirt on!!
have a great time, i know you will. it will be fun to get your report after your paradise vacation in the islands!

I know this is off topic, but where can you get tugger shirts?
Oops Found It!!

Last edited:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi ellen,

What a nice thing to say! You can bet money on the trip report with pictures!

I assume, for now, we should post when/where we're going on this sticky - offering and asking.

Denise - never thought of seeing what was left. Great idea! I'll call the front desk and see if there's anything lying around.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Stimulus Savings ala Tug

Denise and Ellen,

I think this idea is even bigger than Hawaii trades because it could apply to Hilton Head or Florida and on it goes. Saves a lot for Tuggers.

A great stimulus savings for Tuggers! IF we had our own sticky and posted what we were leaving while we were there then someone could PM and we could leave it with the front desk upon checkout if allowed unless you were both there at the same time which could be a toughie especially on the hectic last vaca day.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I think this idea is even bigger than Hawaii trades because it could apply to Hilton Head or Florida and on it goes. Saves a lot for Tuggers.

Each forum has a moderator. If you go to the forum and scroll all the way to the bottom, their user name is listed. You can pm them and ask them if it would be possible to add a sticky to their forum, and send a link to this thread as an example.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Oahu, at Hilton Hawaiian Village Grand Waikikian Nov 11 - 17 2009.
Would love any stuff, chairs, boogie boards rafts etc. Will leave our stuff if someone wants it

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
STUFF to give out July 10th at HGVC

If you are checking in anytime close to July 10th, let me know and I'll leave things for you. - Oahu.

cgeidl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Golf carts too

We often go to Hawaii for several weeks and have left golf pull carts for other
guests a couple times .We own at Waikiki and use our own donated items when we are there. Been three years now.We are going again in August for a couple weeks. Our little resort always has beach matts ,chairs, and books also.I bring my own mask and snorkel with me as I like to have a good fit and no water down my snorkel.

danb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Leaving HHV Sat. have 5 beach chairs

we are in the Lagoon tower and have 5 nice beach chairs that we could pass on to anyone who is comming in. Just call me and let me know, I'll give you our room # and you could stop by Saturday am and pick them up. 203-506-9264. :hi:

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
we are in the Lagoon tower and have 5 nice beach chairs that we could pass on to anyone who is comming in. Just call me and let me know, I'll give you our room # and you could stop by Saturday am and pick them up. 203-506-9264. :hi:

We are coming to HHV tomorrow around 11 AM but only for two days. I don't want to take them in place of someone who is there for the week. If there are no other Tuggers or there are extra chairs, we would be glad use a couple of them for the two days. Thanks for the offer.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
On Kauai'i Jul 27 - Aug 18. Interested in swaps and meetups.

webdizzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would love to swap incoming and outgoing the following dates/places:

9/9 to 9/13 -- Oahu, Sheraton Waikiki
9/13 to 9/20 -- Maui, Westin Ka‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas

Last edited:

denverbob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Maui - August 16-22

If anyone before us, please let us know. Could use almost anything. Thanks!

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
I read on the Disney board one time this idea was being done for swaping strollers and was being passed down each week. People would sign up for it. Have fun!!

timeandenergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to swap

I'll be at Wyhndam Waikiki Aug 3-8. Some of my family is already there. We have 10 adults and 1 child in the group. I am interested any beach items someone may want to pass on. I will surely try to continue the loop of trading.

Thanks.

s023kaw

Reaction score
Hhv 8/20 -8/27

We will be at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Aug 20 - 27, looking for any items to continue the swap.:hi:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We will be in Waikiki 8/29-9/5 and Kona 9/5-9/12 if anyone's around and able to do the swap/meet to coincide with those two weeks.