• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVV Disney tickets

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
My friend is staying at Vistana Villages. When I went to a WSJ TS update last year I gave misleading information on my friends to a sales weasel who promised me that no one would contact my friends. Well I gave correct names but bogus cities and they still managed contacted my friends. Anyway my friend is staying at SVV supposedly with no strings attached. I warned her to say no if she somehow gets roped into a sales presentation. The person on the phone assured her that no sales meeting was required to get the 4 night stay for free. (sounds fishy to me)

But I digress, my question is, what is the best site to get Disney tickets? She only wants a one day ticket, best price I can find is $105. She plans to go to Sea World one other day. I checked on MSC and the only tickets on there are multi-day tickets. She is going off-season, first week of February if that makes any difference.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
MouseSavers.com recommends Undercover Tourist. If your friends registers at MouseSavers.com today, he'll be just in time to receive the newsletter on the 15th, which gives a code to use for the MouseSaver discount.

ptlohmysoul

Reaction score
AFAIK, there is no discount for 1 day tickets. I am not military, nor a member of AAA, so I don't know about those avenues.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what time of year you go, Disney tickets are Disney tickets and as far as I knowthey don't discount in the "off seasons". Mouse Savers is a good place to go for tickets but if you can't get them there you can either buy them at the World of Disney store in the marketplace side of Disney Springs (Formerly known as Downtown Disney). Since Disney Springs is open at night you can make a trip down there(no admission fee) make a night of it and get a one day ticket at the same time.
Your other option is to just buy the one day ticket at the transportation and ticket centre at the park on the day you go in. If you arrive early you won't take long to get them but you won't get any discounts.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Doesn't matter what time of year you go, Disney tickets are Disney tickets and as far as I knowthey don't discount in the "off seasons". Mouse Savers is a good place to go for tickets but if you can't get them there you can either buy them at the World of Disney store in the marketplace side of Disney Springs (Formerly known as Downtown Disney). Since Disney Springs is open at night you can make a trip down there(no admission fee) make a night of it and get a one day ticket at the same time.
Your other option is to just buy the one day ticket at the transportation and ticket centre at the park on the day you go in. If you arrive early you won't take long to get them but you won't get any discounts.

I didn't think there would be a discount for one day tickets, but I have found a wide variance in prices even for one day tickets. The Mouse saver site seems to have the best prices and info. I have forwarded all this info to my friend, I am sure she is going to be overwhelmed. This is her first trip to Orlando.

I didn't know they changed the name of Downtown Disney. I will have to let her know that. I told her to go to DD and am loaning her my garmin with all the relevant locations pre-programmed for her. (I've been to Orlando so much I feel like I should get a Florida resident discount! But have only gone to MK once, 13 years ago.)

Thanx everyone!

friedshrimp

Banned
Reaction score
AFAIK, there is no discount for 1 day tickets. I am not military, nor a member of AAA, so I don't know about those avenues.

Military discount on a 1 day Disney ticket is only about $3 at NAS Jacksonville. :(

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Honestly, you are not going to get any discounts beyond a couple dollars on a one day ticket, so buy them where ever it is the most convenient for you.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Military discount on a 1 day Disney ticket is only about $3 at NAS Jacksonville. :(

$3 would get you like half a bottle of water at a theme park:hysterical:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Honestly, you are not going to get any discounts beyond a couple dollars on a one day ticket, so buy them where ever it is the most convenient for you.

Actually, MouseSavers.com has instructions for getting a $30 rebate from AMEX if you spend at least $150 at UndercoverTourist by 12/31/15. That's not a bad deal, as far as these things go.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Actually, MouseSavers.com has instructions for getting a $30 rebate from AMEX if you spend at least $150 at UndercoverTourist by 12/31/15. That's not a bad deal, as far as these things go.

If you have an AMEX, that's a really good deal!

Beacon888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, HGVC BAYCLUB
My friend is staying at Vistana Villages. When I went to a WSJ TS update last year I gave misleading information on my friends to a sales weasel who promised me that no one would contact my friends. Well I gave correct names but bogus cities and they still managed contacted my friends. Anyway my friend is staying at SVV supposedly with no strings attached. I warned her to say no if she somehow gets roped into a sales presentation. The person on the phone assured her that no sales meeting was required to get the 4 night stay for free. (sounds fishy to me)

But I digress, my question is, what is the best site to get Disney tickets? She only wants a one day ticket, best price I can find is $105. She plans to go to Sea World one other day. I checked on MSC and the only tickets on there are multi-day tickets. She is going off-season, first week of February if that makes any difference.

I was at SVV this past March during spring break. When you check in the desk beside the front desk sells tickets. Next to them is the timeshare guys trying to get you to sit through a presentation. They offered us $150 for 90 minutes of our time. We went next morning at 8:30am while our daughter was sleeping. Got out within 45 mins. We didn't buy anything and we got our $150 on the way out.

We used it towards tickets for Universal. If your friends want a good deal, sit through it. Is 45 mins to 90 minutes worth the $150? We thought so. We're from the West Coast so internal clocks weren't adjusted yet.

Just my opinion of course

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I was at SVV this past March during spring break. When you check in the desk beside the front desk sells tickets. Next to them is the timeshare guys trying to get you to sit through a presentation. They offered us $150 for 90 minutes of our time. We went next morning at 8:30am while our daughter was sleeping. Got out within 45 mins. We didn't buy anything and we got our $150 on the way out.

We used it towards tickets for Universal. If your friends want a good deal, sit through it. Is 45 mins to 90 minutes worth the $150? We thought so. We're from the West Coast so internal clocks weren't adjusted yet.

Just my opinion of course

Actually she won't be able to go to a sales presentation. She's married and the hubby isn't going to be there. Just a girls week! And since I have been telling her to avoid the sales weasels like the plague she probably wouldn't have gone. I know they are not all bad, and they are just doing their jobs, but the ones who attempt to be honest and can take no for an answer are rare.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

Thanx, I know she has an AMEX so I will pass this along! I gave her the mousesavers.com info yesterday. Lots of info though, so she might have missed this.

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)
Does anyone have the October Mousesavers.com newsletter they'd be willing to forward? Staying at Vistana Villages the first week of December and saw this post too late to join and get the newsletter this month. Please PM me and I'll send my email address. Mousesavers does not send out past newsletters.

ETA: Tuggers are so helpful and kind-- the newsletter was mailed to me, and I can't wait to go!

This will be my first time trading into a Sheraton property. I'll be searching the board for all the information I can about SVV-- which locations are best, etc. This will be such a fun trip!

Last edited: