• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVN Reservations Chart

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
SVN_Reservations.gif

Last edited:

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Harborside fixed/float weeks (Phase One), it's:

If you wish to use your Fixed Week at your Home Resort, you must confirm your reservation between 12 and 10 months prior to your check-in date. If the reservation is not confirmed by 10 months prior to the deeded week, the reservation will automatically be cancelled. If the reservation is cancelled, you will still be able to request an available floating week on a first-come, first served basis. Your Villa Type and Season are guaranteed when you request reservations during the Home Resort Preference Period (12 to 8 months prior to the deeded week).

For example, the Smiths own Week 20 with a Sunday check-in day. Their Fixed Week for the 2005 Use Year begins on on May 15, 2005. If they wish to confirm the use of that week, they must contact Owner Services during the Home Resort Fixed Priority Period -- between May 15, 2004 and July 15, 2004 (12 to 10 months prior to check-in). If the Smiths do not confirm at least 10 months before the check-in date, the reservation will be cancelled. However, they will still be able to request an available floating week at their Home Resort.

At any time during the Home Resort Fixed Priorty Period, you may choose to release your fixed reservation and float at your Home Resort in your Season and Villa Type.

Reserve a week, beginning on an established check-in day, at your Home Resort in the same Villa Type and Season that you own. This is called “floating” in your season. You may request reservations beginning 12 months prior to your desired arrival date, during your Home Resort Preference Period.

Reserve a week, beginning on an established check-in day, at your Home Resort (or another Starwood Vacation Network resort) in a different Villa Type or Season than you own. You may request reservations beginning 8 months prior to your desired arrival date, during your Starwood Vacation Network Float Period. If you wish to reserve more than 7 days, your vacation must begin or end on an established check-in day.

Reserve less than a week at your Home Resort (or another Starwood Vacation Network resort) in any Villa Type or Season, checking in on any available day. You may request reservations beginning 90 days prior to your desired arrival date, during your Starwood Vacation Network Options Period. During this time you may borrow StarOptions from the next Use Year.
All reservations for Floating Vacation Periods are on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have use rights to a deeded unit and you choose to vacation during a different week than the Event Week you own, you are not guaranteed the use of your deeded unit.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Good idea jerseygirl!

If your resort has any special reservation rules please post them in this thread.

cvelasco

TUG Member
Reaction score
fixed/float

[Is this just for Harborside or all starwood resorts?

QUOTE=jerseygirl;510421]For Harborside fixed/float weeks (Phase One), it's:

If you wish to use your Fixed Week at your Home Resort, you must confirm your reservation between 12 and 10 months prior to your check-in date. If the reservation is not confirmed by 10 months prior to the deeded week, the reservation will automatically be cancelled. If the reservation is cancelled, you will still be able to request an available floating week on a first-come, first served basis. Your Villa Type and Season are guaranteed when you request reservations during the Home Resort Preference Period (12 to 8 months prior to the deeded week).

For example, the Smiths own Week 20 with a Sunday check-in day. Their Fixed Week for the 2005 Use Year begins on on May 15, 2005. If they wish to confirm the use of that week, they must contact Owner Services during the Home Resort Fixed Priority Period -- between May 15, 2004 and July 15, 2004 (12 to 10 months prior to check-in). If the Smiths do not confirm at least 10 months before the check-in date, the reservation will be cancelled. However, they will still be able to request an available floating week at their Home Resort.

At any time during the Home Resort Fixed Priorty Period, you may choose to release your fixed reservation and float at your Home Resort in your Season and Villa Type.

Reserve a week, beginning on an established check-in day, at your Home Resort in the same Villa Type and Season that you own. This is called “floating” in your season. You may request reservations beginning 12 months prior to your desired arrival date, during your Home Resort Preference Period.

Reserve a week, beginning on an established check-in day, at your Home Resort (or another Starwood Vacation Network resort) in a different Villa Type or Season than you own. You may request reservations beginning 8 months prior to your desired arrival date, during your Starwood Vacation Network Float Period. If you wish to reserve more than 7 days, your vacation must begin or end on an established check-in day.

Reserve less than a week at your Home Resort (or another Starwood Vacation Network resort) in any Villa Type or Season, checking in on any available day. You may request reservations beginning 90 days prior to your desired arrival date, during your Starwood Vacation Network Options Period. During this time you may borrow StarOptions from the next Use Year.
All reservations for Floating Vacation Periods are on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have use rights to a deeded unit and you choose to vacation during a different week than the Event Week you own, you are not guaranteed the use of your deeded unit.[/QUOTE]

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Fixed week reservation rules are in the general SVO Owners Manual (OM) - as I have said before - at WSJ we can (and do) reserve our fixed unit 14 months ahead of time (even though the OM says 10-12 months).

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fixed week reservation rules are in the general SVO Owners Manual (OM) - as I have said before - at WSJ we can (and do) reserve our fixed unit 14 months ahead of time (even though the OM says 10-12 months).

Same thing happened this year for Harborside. They asked me if I wanted to hold next year's May week in January when I called to pay my SBP maintenance fees. I said yes, of course, but still plan on calling to make sure it was held during months 11 and 12 (gotta follow the rule book!).

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Broadway Plantation (Original Phase) Owners

-- Can book their deeded week 2 years in advance -- the week is held for the deeded week owner until the 12 month mark, at which point it floats and is "first-come, first-serve."

-- At the 12-month mark, you can split your week into one 3-day period and one 4-day period (but one weekend only). Split weeks are not permitted during the following weeks: NY's, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

-- At the two-month mark, you can book into a lower season (free) or one season higher ($25/night).

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

-- Can book their deeded week 2 years in advance -- the week is held for the deeded week owner until the 12 month mark, at which point it floats and is "first-come, first-serve."

-- At the 12-month mark, you can split your week into one 3-day period and one 4-day period (but one weekend only). Split weeks are not permitted during the following weeks: NY's, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

-- At the two-month mark, you can book into a lower season (free) or one season higher ($25/night).

Yup..... :hi:

sonnyk

TUG Member
Reaction score

Which units are in the Original Phase? I went from unit 2 to 17 (1BR to 2, not Palmetto, I think this is phase 2). Is this 2-year advance reservation only for Original Phase Owners?

Also, if you are not an owner of the Palmetto phase, does that mean they can put you anywhere even though I own a phase 2(?) unit? Basically, do I get any priority to book my specific deeded unit?

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry -- I don't know the answers to these questions. The original (Embassy) deeds had the 2-year reservation feature. If I had to guess, I would think that Starwood removed this feature on its deeds as it is not consistent with the rest of their resorts. Often, when a week is a "pure float," there is no priority to book your specific deeded unit.

Check mystarcentral.com and click on "using your ownership." You should have the option to see the "User Guide" that is specific to your ownership.

Which units are in the Original Phase? I went from unit 2 to 17 (1BR to 2, not Palmetto, I think this is phase 2). Is this 2-year advance reservation only for Original Phase Owners?

Also, if you are not an owner of the Palmetto phase, does that mean they can put you anywhere even though I own a phase 2(?) unit? Basically, do I get any priority to book my specific deeded unit?