• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Surfwatch Gold season reservation question

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are finishing up closing on a resale gold oceanside unit with usage starting in 2013. We are hoping to book memorial day week there, as that includes both my birthday and my wife's, but wanted to know if that is a realistic reservation at 12 months as we do not have the 13 month advantage to make that reservation. Thanks in advance for any insight and Merry Christmas/Happy holidays!

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Memorial Week reservation

Schools are NOT out anywhere in South Carolina yet on Memorial day and we have found this particular week to be pretty slow along the SC coast......we've gotten some super deals.
I think if you start looking as soon as you can....12 months...you'll probably be ok.
We had a great time there 2 years ago the first week in June (it was the week after the Memorial week)...it was wonderful.....not crowded at all with perfect weather.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Just fyi- at least 50% of the inventory is held for reservations at 12 months.
You should be fine, but if there is a week you really want, you should always plan on making the reservation at exactly the 12 month mark, at 9AM EST.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own Surfwatch gold and have not had a problem reserving, however we typically call on the first day we can 12 months out. The shoulder weeks next to Platinum probably book first.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the input. I'm definitely planning to call or go online at 9am the day it releases and we will actually be at Oceana palms that day so no pesky job Getting in the way of vacation planning! I was just concerned as it is the last week before platinum season starts, so I figured it would be more popular.