• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Supriised by the trades Im pulling!

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 2 bedroom lockout at Alhambra at Poinciana on ebay for $1. MF (including taxes) are $600 for the floating week.

I am SHOCKED about the trades I can get with this unit! Its a silver crown, but really nothing special. And Im getting GREAT trades!

Obviously, not as good as my other gold crown 2 bedroom at Polynesian Isles, but still very good. Im happy!

I wonder why such good trades?

Any thoughts ...

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed there, it isn't that nice, not bad - but 20 miles from Orlando and they never used to heat the pool.. what a nice surprise.

reddiablosv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice trades.

:) I think the quality of the trades reflects a drop in timeshare usage due to the economy. So far this fall, I have pulled a Manhatten Club, Westin Kauai, and Harborside trades. I have used a SA week, a WIVC week in Spain and a California fall beach resort. I consider all of my trades a major step up in quality. I just don't think I would be pulling the high end resorts if more people were requesting them. Ben

Last edited:

DanM

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One man's gold. I wouldn't call those times at those places great trades.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the economy down, perhaps RCI's rental program is not going as well as it was resulting in more units being placed back into the exchange pool.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well IM happy! We are very easy to please. If I can find a trade where I want to go (which I always have and they always been silver or gold crown) then Im thrilled!

We do take a winter trip off season, in November because I cant vacation with my work from january to june. So maybe that helps. But it really works for us!

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What no gyrations? This cannot be.

Well IM happy! We are very easy to please. If I can find a trade where I want to go (which I always have and they always been silver or gold crown) then Im thrilled!

We do take a winter trip off season, in November because I cant vacation with my work from january to june. So maybe that helps. But it really works for us!

You see that's the problem. Why should you be happy to use your time when and where you want, at a Gold or Silver Crown resort because you like the quality and even through a trade with big bad RCI? If you aren't using free upgrades, bonus weeks, trade priority or other manipulation of the system to obtain things you just aren't playing the game! No complaints about rentals you REALLY wanted? Not a holiday period? Not a motel conversion for a luxury 4 bedroom suite? No hassles with II to get a fair trade? I cannot imagine how simply using your time to get a vacation you enjoy makes you happy. You just aren't timeshare player material I guess. :)

e.bram

Reaction score
IMHO the only good trades are into a major city(NY, Paris, London etc)or oceanfront(summer) no more than a 1/2 days drive from a major metro area(NY, LA, SF etc)

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
You see that's the problem. Why should you be happy to use your time when and where you want, at a Gold or Silver Crown resort because you like the quality and even through a trade with big bad RCI? If you aren't using free upgrades, bonus weeks, trade priority or other manipulation of the system to obtain things you just aren't playing the game! No complaints about rentals you REALLY wanted? Not a holiday period? Not a motel conversion for a luxury 4 bedroom suite? No hassles with II to get a fair trade? I cannot imagine how simply using your time to get a vacation you enjoy makes you happy. You just aren't timeshare player material I guess. :)

haha ... I had to laugh. I started this thread b/c I see so mnay people complaining about their trades, and maybe Im easy to please. :) But its nice to have a happy trader thread too!

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Enjoy. This is vacation not a job

haha ... I had to laugh. I started this thread b/c I see so mnay people complaining about their trades, and maybe Im easy to please. :) But its nice to have a happy trader thread too!

The overall trend around the various timeshare sites seems all too negative to me. Not that there isn't plenty to complain about but really, when I look at our ownerships, we keep them and pay the annual fees because we like what it gets us! The vast majority of timeshare owners must feel the same or they would simply stop paying the fees. Overall timeshare has been a great road for us but that doesn't mean I won't try to tweak it to be even better. And I'm never afraid to offer what I see as ideas for improvement. If they happen or not at least they got heard. Oh, we also don't care if our preferred trade might be "easy" (not that many really are when you tie it to a specific resort / week) as long as it's what we wanted we have no complaints.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Best wishes-also it helps that you are not tied to school breaks

We have gotten what I then considered great trades with my parents' TS for 10+ years! It's just now that I am a seasoned TSer, I want the SUPER trades--of which we have gotten a few--but not during prime school breaks. Enjoy your weeks. Elaine

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Good for you if you are happy. I prefer resorts in high season such as warm places in winter or ski resorts in winter. They are good trades if they work for you! :clap:

brehaul30

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently pulled what I consider to be a super trade. Spring break - week 11 2 bd at Marriott Grand Vista Orlando with 10000 worldmark credits. That many credits wouldn't cover many of Worldmarks own mediocre resorts if there was availability during spring break. I have seen others at Harborside, Four Seasons and Disney that have not out there over the past couple years. TT