• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Super Confused about our Marriott Timeshare and exchanging into II

worknout777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello-

I am trying to exchange our 2 bedroom Marriott Harbour Lakes into Interval and am very confused of the process (Sorry I own 4 other timeshares and they seem to have such a different system that I am confused by Marriott's). Can someone explain to me how Marriott's system works for depositing?
I purchased this week so that I could have priority in Interval for Marriott and never plan on staying at this resort.
When I log into the Marriott system and select "Book Stay" it gives me the usage options and the only option that looks acurate is the II exchange Marriott deposit, but then it wants me to select a week to travel. All I want to do it just deposit it into Interval and then look and dates in Interval. Please tell me how to do this?

Thank You,
Laurie Gentry

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There should be other options like Occupy or II Exchange Owner Deposit. You can use either option, then go II and deposit the weeks. You will still select a week to travel, even though you are depositing it in II. Most people recommend trying to reserve a week that has a high TDI to maximize trade power.

worknout777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You! I thought if I selected "Occupy" I was then required to stay there. How do you tell what the high In demand weeks are? On the II site with the Marriott properties that have the demand index?

worknout777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, I have the Gold season, and when I select "Occupy" it says nothing is available to occupy in that season.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Also, I have the Gold season, and when I select "Occupy" it says nothing is available to occupy in that season.

Assuming this is the only Marriott you own, you cannot reserve a week further out than 12 months prior to check in. Is that the issue?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are booking for 2017, it is too early to book gold season. Gold season doesn't start until week 18, which is May. You have to wait until the date you can reserve, which would be 12 months out.

You will want to look at the TDI Chart for Orlando on the II website. Here is the chart.

TDI-5.jpg

Gold season at Harbour Lake is weeks 18 through 21 and 35 through 51. Looking at the TDI Chart, it looks like all of the May weeks have the same TDI and are higher than any of the fall gold weeks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I also find it odd that you don't have an 'II Exchange - Owner Deposit' option when 'Use My Week' on the MVCI website. We too own a gold Harbour Lake week and have the following options available;

• Occupy
  • Occupy - Split Week in to Shorter Stays
  • Occupy - Concurrent or Consecutive <<--You may not have this with only one week owned.
  • II Exchange Owner Deposit
  • Elect Vacation Club Points
  • II Exchange - Marriott Deposit <<--You probably won't have this with an un-enrolled week.
  • Marriott Rental Program

I didn't think the 'II Exchange - Marriott Deposit' required you to select a checkin date. I just tried it in our account and didn't see anything about picking a checkin date. I didn't go too far because I didn't want to deposit yet. But I did also select the 'II Exchange - Owner Deposit' and I do see the requirement to pick a checkin date.

I don't know if you can really even do an 'II Exchange - Marriott Deposit' yet anyway. It is likely that if you do, they might wait until May before you get anything deposited and available since there are currently no weeks that they can deposit for you since you aren't in your usage window yet.

worknout777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting-
This is what I have:

- Occupy
- Occupy (Split week into shorter stays)
- II exchange - owner deposit
- II exchange - Marriott Deposit
- Marriott Rental Program

Also, If I want to split the 2 bedroom up and do 2 deposits into Interval, is that possible? When I select "II exchange - Marriott Deposit" and then select Master only, is that only exchanging in the Master bedroom and then I can deposit the other side later? It wants to charge me an $80 fee.

I keep receiving emails from Marriott that say don't wait to deposit your week and time is running out... So I am assuming they want me to deposit..lol

worknout777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the email from Marriott:

We wanted to share some important information regarding your ownership with Marriott Vacation Club®.

Our records indicate that your Gold week at Marriott's Harbour Lake has yet to be assigned for 2016. We strongly recommend visiting My-VacationClub.com as soon as possible to select your usage option for 2016. Please note that regular 12-month / 13-month booking rules still apply.

If you plan on depositing your week with Interval International, please note that a 2016 week from the Gold season at Marriott's Harbour Lake must be available in order to make your exchange. It is strongly recommended to deposit your week as early as possible.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
On the Marriott website when you are in Book My Stay, is there a button under the "Available Vacation Club Weeks" section for 2016 labeled "Use My Week"? It sounds like you may be trying to use the button for 2017.

worknout777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure now. I think the problem I was having was that I was clicking the back button and it kept saying nothing was available. So I went out and back in my account and it worked fine. I was able to deposit each side into II for the $80. We'll see how it goes. I have an EOY Even.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Interesting-
This is what I have:

- Occupy
- Occupy (Split week into shorter stays)
- II exchange - owner deposit
- II exchange - Marriott Deposit
- Marriott Rental Program

Also, If I want to split the 2 bedroom up and do 2 deposits into Interval, is that possible? When I select "II exchange - Marriott Deposit" and then select Master only, is that only exchanging in the Master bedroom and then I can deposit the other side later? It wants to charge me an $80 fee.

I keep receiving emails from Marriott that say don't wait to deposit your week and time is running out... So I am assuming they want me to deposit..lol

You probably want to use II exchange - owner deposit instead of Marriott deposit. Owner deposit lets you select a particular week to deposit (you can choose the higher demand week so you have better trading power) vs Marriott deposit where they randomly pick a week for you, which most probably won't be the highest demand week. Then select master and then go back to select the studio. Yes it is $80.

heatherw

Reaction score
I deposited two weeks early last year using the practice of booking a high demand week. This worked brilliantly for my week at Playa, but when i called for my week at Son Antem, they made me deposit it as a generic week! I got what i wanted but still wasn't sure whether i could/should have argued the point.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I deposited two weeks early last year using the practice of booking a high demand week. This worked brilliantly for my week at Playa, but when i called for my week at Son Antem, they made me deposit it as a generic week! I got what i wanted but still wasn't sure whether i could/should have argued the point.
Well, I have never heard of that one before!
I can't understand how they can make you deposit a generic week. although I can see why they would want you to.
However, unless there was no availability at the time you called to reserve your home week in your season at Son Antem, they really should have let you select your preferred week to reserve and then deposit that week.
Or am I missing something here?

heatherw

Reaction score
Nope, i had already booked the week some time before, it was for early september and the Marriott rep cancelled that first to then deposit a generic one. I thought at the time that maybe for Son Antem things were different ( i never know with this forum whether it is a european difference).
If that is not the case, next time i will not be so easy to agree!

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope, i had already booked the week some time before, it was for early september and the Marriott rep cancelled that first to then deposit a generic one. I thought at the time that maybe for Son Antem things were different ( i never know with this forum whether it is a european difference).
If that is not the case, next time i will not be so easy to agree!
Your other option if this is the way they intend to operate going forward, which is the one I normally use, is to reserve my week(s) through MVC (either online or by phone, whichever is quickest) and deposit / request first / Marriott Special request first my week(s) directly with Interval.
They have no reason (or probably any ability) to change your chosen week to a generic one.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Your other option if this is the way they intend to operate going forward, which is the one I normally use, is to reserve my week(s) through MVC (either online or by phone, whichever is quickest) and deposit / request first / Marriott Special request first my week(s) directly with Interval.
They have no reason (or probably any ability) to change your chosen week to a generic one.

This is what most do, reserve the week and then deposit on our own.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Here is the email from Marriott:

We wanted to share some important information regarding your ownership with Marriott Vacation Club®.

Our records indicate that your Gold week at Marriott's Harbour Lake has yet to be assigned for 2016. We strongly recommend visiting My-VacationClub.com as soon as possible to select your usage option for 2016. Please note that regular 12-month / 13-month booking rules still apply.

If you plan on depositing your week with Interval International, please note that a 2016 week from the Gold season at Marriott's Harbour Lake must be available in order to make your exchange. It is strongly recommended to deposit your week as early as possible.

In the Marriott site, you can look up what weeks are included in the "Gold". I checked and it says 18-21 and 35-50. When you click on the Interval Exchange - owner deposit (or equivalent) it should show you a calendar of dates that are available to reserve.

If you selected the 2016 usage, then you should see these dates. If you selected the 2017 usage then you are not yet eligible.

But from your description, you have unused 2016 weeks.

If you can't figure it out, call Marriott and have them help you this time.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score

What is this: Marriott Special Request First?

I know the others: Deposit First/Request First.

Thanks.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is this: Marriott Special Request First?

I know the others: Deposit First/Request First.

Thanks.
Essentially, it is a Request First, but with the added benefit of allowing you to request a check in date beyond the assigned date of the week you are offering in exchange
(Something we regularly do, as we make our requests as far in advance as possible)
I have cut & pasted the relevant section from the II Buyers Guide for Marriott Owners

"Marriott Vacation Club Internal Exchange Option. In addition to being able to request an internal exchange to a MVCI Resort using either the Deposit First or Request First exchange method, a Club Program Exchange Member choosing to relinquish a Week or Individual Member may select a third type of exchange method available only to Club Program Exchange Members choosing to relinquish a Week(s) and Individual Members (the “Special Marriott Vacation Club Internal Exchange Option”). The applicable Club Program Exchange Member or Individual Member must select from the Deposit First, Request First, or Special Marriott Vacation Club Internal Exchange Option exchange methods at the time of initiating a MVCI internal exchange request. The Special Marriott Vacation Club Internal Exchange Option may be used where a Club Program Exchange Member or Individual Member places an exchange request at least
75 days prior to the commencement date of his or her Week and requests travel dates that fall after his or her assigned Week. The use
of the Special Marriott Vacation Club Internal Exchange Option will be governed by the terms set forth in this Paragraph 5. If a Club Program Exchange Member or Individual Member selects the Special Marriott Vacation Club Internal Exchange Option and II does not issue a Confirmation from 12 months to at least 75 days prior to the commencement date of the member’s assigned Week, such Club Program Exchange Member or Individual Member has the following options:"