• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunset Harbor Best Views/ Units

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
Hi All, looking for an additional Hyatt week. Already own a Diamond at Coconut. Thinking a spring week at Sunset Harbor would be nice. Which are your favorite Bldings, Layouts/Units and views. Thanks!

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Key West native and former Hyatt employee chiming in:

Easy one to answer: Building 5, then Building 1. Third floor. Sorted.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Key West native and former Hyatt employee chiming in:

Easy one to answer: Building 5, then Building 1. Third floor. Sorted.
Hi Thanks for the info. Any thoughts on 111? Its the end unit ground floor in Bldg 1. Looks like a lock off which I like. I usually look for higher floors. Appreciate the input.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the info. Any thoughts on 111? Its the end unit ground floor in Bldg 1. Looks like a lock off which I like. I usually look for higher floors. Appreciate the input.

Won't have nearly as nice a view. 111 is set back and there's a lot between you and the Gulf.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Won't have nearly as nice a view. 111 is set back and there's a lot between you and the Gulf.
Any noise issues in Bldg 5 from the cruiseships? I saw a unit 514 available as well.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
There's going to be noise from cruise ships regardless. It's like airplanes at Windward. You're not getting away from it. And there's air tours over the harbor. Jimmy Buffett fans doing their usual hooliganism. Nobody stays in Old Town for the peace and quiet.

I wouldn't want first floor in any SH building. You're right on top of the pool.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All, looking for an additional Hyatt week. Already own a Diamond at Coconut. Thinking a spring week at Sunset Harbor would be nice. Which are your favorite Bldings, Layouts/Units and views. Thanks!

If looking for units that have both a pool and direct oceanview, 524 and 534 are the ones (both are lockoff units.

If looking for units that have a the best direct oceanview, 532 and 533 are the ones (both are upper floor townhouse units so there are two balconies to view the sunsets from.)

FWIW: While 521 and 531 have a direct oceanview, they are right along Sunset Lane and will experience more noise from the street and harborwalk than any other units at HSH. They also have the smallest balconies out of all the units at HSH.

Agree with ScoopLV, wouldn't want any first floor unit at HSH.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unit 111 is in an odd location. If you have the 1 BR section, you are at ground level facing the BBQ grills and pool chairs. If you have the studio, you are next to the laundry/cleaning operation. Move up to 121 or 131 and those units are very quiet. Building 1 has the largest units at the resort as it was the first constructed and served as a model for new buyers.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unit 111 is in an odd location. If you have the 1 BR section, you are at ground level facing the BBQ grills and pool chairs. If you have the studio, you are next to the laundry/cleaning operation. Move up to 121 or 131 and those units are very quiet. Building 1 has the largest units at the resort as it was the first constructed and served as a model for new buyers.
Thank you so much for sharing that valuable knowledge! 111 is definitely off the list. Do you feel the same about the first floor units? Specifically 514?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really do not like any of the first floor units in Bldg. 5. They are right on the harbor walk with all kinds of foot traffic and chatter. The veranda for Unit 514 (1BR) faces the pool with a side view of the marina but it's really not private. For other first floor units in other buildings, they somehow feel like the "orchestra pit" with a lack of privacy.

Last edited:

ScoopKona

Reaction score
But, forest for the trees, they're all better than dealing with the airplanes and distance of the other two. I'd trade in to any of those units. But if I was going to use my week, I'd want building 5, third floor, and just deal with the noise for the three hours each night of "heathen run amok" time. Building one is bigger. But 5 is big enough. And... THAT VIEW!

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this a picture of the living room in 514?

SH 514.JPG

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's the right configuration, but somehow the image shown seems to be one floor higher. I could be wrong. The actual unit is the bottom floor of the three.

HSH514.jpg

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
These are views from 232. Its a two story townhouse layout. (3rd&4th flr) not on the water from but great views.

sunset.jpg

bal2mp.jpg

I also own a 411 unit week, ground floor pool view that backs onto front street. When the cruisers are here, there are many more people present that in the pic.
There was once a problem with trucks beeping when backing up the road in the early hours, but that was resolved somehow. Don;t hear them anymore.
Really don't notice much noise, but that could be because we spend time inside in the pool end balcony/living area.

DSCF0283-2mp.JPG

While I like the 232 view and two balcony's, the way we spend our time, we are mostly out somewhere in KW or out at the pool.
Don't use the balcony that much.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
These are views from 232. Its a two story townhouse layout. (3rd&4th flr) not on the water from but great views.

View attachment 36469

View attachment 36470

I also own a 411 unit week, ground floor pool view that backs onto front street. When the cruisers are here, there are many more people present that in the pic.
There was once a problem with trucks beeping when backing up the road in the early hours, but that was resolved somehow. Don;t hear them anymore.
Really don't notice much noise, but that could be because we spend time inside in the pool end balcony/living area.

View attachment 36471

While I like the 232 view and two balcony's, the way we spend our time, we are mostly out somewhere in KW or out at the pool.
Don't use the balcony that much.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! I didnt realize the backs of bldg 4 back up on front street. Makes sense. I would like to buy a week 10-14 at Sunset. All the imput really helps. Now if I could only find one available at a reasonable price! Seems like prices have gone up.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! I didnt realize the backs of bldg 4 back up on front street. Makes sense. I would like to buy a week 10-14 at Sunset. All the imput really helps. Now if I could only find one available at a reasonable price! Seems like prices have gone up.

That is also building 5 at the far end of the road.
The agent for the HOA is Don his site http://keywestfltimeshare.com, he has a list of HOA owned weeks for sale.

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
How are the views from Unit 511? I imagine with its location it can get noisy when the cruise ships are in port.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
How are the views from Unit 511? I imagine with its location it can get noisy when the cruise ships are in port.
We own numerous rooms including 511. It is our fav. No elevators, no stairs, love to people watch when there are cruise ships, and also taking bets on which folks are going out on Fury and look totally unprepared who will come back sick/burnt.

Ships are gone early evening. More noise from the bell service/taxis for the ferry to Sunset Key at off times than anything else.

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
We own numerous rooms including 511. It is our fav. No elevators, no stairs, love to people watch when there are cruise ships, and also taking bets on which folks are going out on Fury and look totally unprepared who will come back sick/burnt.

Ships are gone early evening. More noise from the bell service/taxis for the ferry to Sunset Key at off times than anything else.
Thank you! Do you by chance have any pics of inside or the view from balcony?

JustynaC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Newport Coast, Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club, Villa Del Palmar Cancun, El Cid Marina & Yacht Club, Four Seasons Aviara
I'm also looking for another HSH platinum week! I would appreciate any input on Building 1 Unit 132 Townhouse unit. Week 15. Which I believe is platinum. I would appreciate any input on whether this is a good location. Thanks in advance!

bradj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
In the last 20+ years, we've traded in and stayed in about all of the 1 BR units. I'd have to say that we would rate 511 as our least favorite unit at SH. It's noisy, both from the walkway and the "alley." Early morning delivery trucks, the worst. 521 and 531 almost as bad, but not as bad as at street level. Conversely 524 and 534 are, in my opinion, the best units at the resort with views of both the bay and the pool area. As far as reasonably priced units at SH go, if your looking for a prime week (winter and early spring), don't expect any real bargains. Diamond weeks during "the season" hold their value really well. Just don't expect to steal one.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for another HSH platinum week! I would appreciate any input on Building 1 Unit 132 Townhouse unit. Week 15. Which I believe is platinum. I would appreciate any input on whether this is a good location. Thanks in advance!
Week 15 is a Diamond Week 2200 points. The location is perfect.

JustynaC

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Newport Coast, Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club, Villa Del Palmar Cancun, El Cid Marina & Yacht Club, Four Seasons Aviara
Thank you, Kal!

Jcmags

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club, Sheraton Vistana, La Quinta Aruba
Great thread!!!