• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summit Watch vs. MountainSide

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We plan to spend a week in Park City in late October. 2BR units are available at both Mountainside and Summit Watch. We have never been to Park City. What are the pros and cons of each Marriott Resort for a vacation that is not in ski season? It will just be me and my wife. Any insight would be appreciated.

Toppermom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Summit Watch. The location is great right on Main Street. The units are slightly larger than Mountainside I am told. The great thing about Mountainside is ski in-ski out. Not a factor for you in October. (Usually).

Either is great, but I would elect Summit Watch if it were me.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Although we own at Mountainside, if not skiing we prefer Summit Watch because it is so close to heart of Main Street. It is easy to walk to dinner or just window shop. It's just a longer walk, or shuttle from Mountainside.

We liked the pools at both, just different, and the pool/spas at Mounainside seemed much busier. It has been a few years, so maybe there have been changes. We were always there with our boys, so might have a different opinion if just the two of us were there.

Last edited:

Cobra1950

Reaction score
We own 2 weeks Summittwatch but are staying in Mountainside this week for Spring skiing. For October hands down Summittwatch, you are in the middle of a lot more things:cheer:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Summit Watch!

Not owners of either MS or SW, but we have visited Park City 6 times during ski season, trading in and staying at each resort 3 times, and we love both. For your October week, I'd MUCH prefer the in-town location of Summit Watch, and I feel strongly about that. Main reason is you can walk to dozens of restaurants and shops, and it's simply a far more convenient location. The town is so walkable, and quite fun while you're doing it. Plus, anytime you wish to go anywhere, such as a grocery store, it's a much shorter trip via the free city shuttle buses, too. SW units are larger, and you'll feel it.

REQUEST a unit whose window view faces the side of the mountain where the Park City Ski Slopes are located, not the rear side where the highway is......big difference.

Mountainside Resort is fantastic, but best as a ski-in/ski-out location. The village around MS may be sort of dead then, too, I'm not sure, as most of the shops are ski-related, and perhaps even closed for the season. Just a thought. There is a good Mexican restaurant there called Baja Cantina, tho. Really fun.

As an aside, I'd highly recommend that you visit the restaurant Zoom, just adjacent to Summit Watch at the upper end of the resort near the indoor pool. You'll know exactly where it is anyway because it has the most heavenly smells------it's our favorite restaurant, and owned by Robert Redford---it is superb in every way. Also highly recommended are Riverhorse on Main, and Cisero's (Italian). Sooo many great spots in Park City......it's our favorite ski town by far. great great town.

Last edited:

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy some gorgeous fall weather in Park City. I love it there in both the spring & fall.

I have owned at both Marriotts and have stayed at both.

The Mountainside has a large pool/hot tubs area outside. It's much better in the summer for kids who want to swim. Also, the Alpine slide & rides are located right there, so there is plenty for families to do. However, I was there last Memorial Day week and there were lots of noisy, active, unsupervised children.

Summit Watch has a better location for adults (unless you are there to ski). As others have mentioned it's so easy to walk Main Street for shops & restaurants. In October the Summit Watch pool is a better option. It's part indoors/part outdoors so you would have some protection if the weather is bad.

Both properties have refurbished the units, but I prefer the Mountainside decor. Summit Watch might be a bit larger, but Mountainside seems more upscale. There isn't enough of a difference to make a decision based on the units. I'd be happy either place.

I agree with others.....for an October trip I'd vote for Summit Watch.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Thank you everyone. This is really good information. With 100% suggesting Summit Watch, for what seem like very good reasons, I will take the Summit Watch week. I appreciate the help.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Good choice IMHO. We spent a July week at Mountainside and, after seeing Summitwatch's location wish we had exchanged there instead.

Mountainside would be better for families with children IMHO. It has a better pool, a teens only lounge, and there's a small amuesment park right next door with alpine slides, and alpine coaster, merry-go-round, bungee trampolines and a few other kiddie rides.

Mountainside was a great resort but, we'd have prefered to be in Summitwatch's location. For us Mountainside was over run with kids being kids. There is a free bus that will take you to Main St. but it would have been more convenient to just walk out the door and be on Main St.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

We had an exchange into Mountainside for this July and will be 4 adults. I just got off the phone with II and was able to change it to Summit Watch. Of course, had to pay another $129 fee, but think the Main Street location and hopefully less unsupervised children will make it worthwhile.