• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Suggestions for 2 Northeastern (Maine) golfers 30th Anniversary, November 2012?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to determine where the DW may want to go for our 30th Anniversary.

We both golf nearly every day while on vacation---so a 'romantic' location with non-outlandish golf fees would seem logical.

Hawaii is an option that we have talked about, but is :
: a very long trip from the East Coast (Maine)
: golfing several times would be considerably expensive

We've been to Palm Desert, San Diego, Scottsdale, Orlando, and Vegas----some of those offfered some 'romance'. Some offered reasonably priced golf----but Scottsdale did not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Pat

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to post my inital question in a hurry---because DW was coming in to potentially look at what I was typing.

Ironically, she brought up the SAME TOPIC tonight---now I really have to get to work.

She mentioned Hawaii, Italy (not for me), San Francisco-----I guess she's focused on the 'romantic' angle!!!

So, where is 'romance' with golf (that isn't $100+/round) ?

Pat

p.s. we have been to Myrtle Beach, as well

Enrico

TUG Member
Reaction score
The time of the year you are traveling certainly narrows your choices for places to play in reasonably good weather. I would consider Southern California and Torrey Pines. Package deals could net you some decent rates. There are so many courses in the San Diego vicinity and you could work your way up north to the Laguna (Monarch Beach Golf Links), Newport Beach (Pelican Hill) area....but the really good, scenic/ocean view courses tend to get expensive in my experience.

In San Francisco, Harding Park is well known and respected venue, prices are reasonable, but not sure how much of the "romantic factor" is present.

Last edited:

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
You might try Hilton Head. Lot's of beautiful course at reasonable rates and the weather is still warm in November (usually).

I would also consider Amelia Island Resort http://www.aipfl.com/golf/golf.htm

Charleston, SC also has lots of great courses at reasonable prices and some of the best romantic places to stay.

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/tripplanner/where_to_stay~1/bed_breakfasts~8/

http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/tripplanner/where_to_stay~1/historic_inns~9/

We were in Maui this past March and there weren't any decent courses with green fees of less than $100.

I wouldn't entertain San Francisco in November. I've been there in June and seen snow! Weather is way too unpredictable there IMO.

I also lived in Southern CA for 20 years and there's not much romantic about it anymore. Unless you consider six lanes of traffic bumper to bumper everywhere you want to go as romantic! LOL.

zinger1457

Reaction score
I would probably second the Hilton Head recommendation but you should reconsider Scottsdale. November is probably the best time of the year to be in Scottsdale for golfing based on both weather and cost. The rates the courses advertise are high but you can always find good discounts using one of the online reservation systems like golfnow.com and ezlinks. I've never paid more than $75 to golf at some of the nicer golf courses in Scottsdale, just need to be flexible on the courses and times you're willing to play.

gsd

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just in Myrtle Beach at the end of November, staying at the Marriott OceanWatch Villas at Grand Dunes. We made tee times through the concierge, who can email you a spreadsheet w/courses & prices and a list of specials in advance of your trip. Three very nice courses offered a $35 special, which included green fees, cart, lunch (sandwich, fountain drink, and chips), plus 2 cans of domestic beer!! We walked on the beach, ate at some very nice restaurants, drove to Georgetown, Pawley's Island, etc. You can also drive to Charleston.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas----I'm 'listening'.

Hilton Head is a possibility (we've been to Myrtle Beach twice).

What parts of Florida are 'romantic'?
(We've already been to Orlando, Singer Island, Daytona)

Pat