• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Studio at Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations In Waikoloa Hawaii

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Located in the Waikoloa area on the big island of Hawaii (20 minutes north of the Kailua-Kona airport) is where you will find the amazing Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare. The property is extensive and feature two pool areas plus easy access to the Hilton Waikoloa pools, jacuzzi's, restaurants, etc... This location is ideal for viewing ocean sunsets and walking along the ocean. This room was facing the golf course but had an ocean view from the deck... The King bed plus sofa bed makes it possible for two friends to sleep in the Studio and not need to share a bed.

There was a fitness center, and all the other amenities that you expect from a high end timeshare. Staff was great. This was an ocean view room and the view was amazing.

Studio at Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations In Waikoloa Hawaii

Map of all my timeshare reviews

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Just had three nights in a Studio here and actually liked it more than I thought I would. I’m little confused by your use of the term Studio in your thread title and the reservation info shows a 1BR. Also, I don’t see any rooms for 3400 points in any Season and it sounds like at the end of the video you refer to using a little over 5000 points. Thx!

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Just had three nights in a Studio here and actually liked it more than I thought I would. I’m little confused by your use of the term Studio in your thread title and the reservation info shows a 1BR. Also, I don’t see any rooms for 3400 points in any Season and it sounds like at the end of the video you refer to using a little over 5000 points. Thx!
I stand corrected .. 3840 points during Gold season

Gold: Weeks 19-22, 36-41
Expand to see 2022 Home Week Saturday check-in dates
Expand to see 2023 Home Week Saturday check-in dates

UNIT SIZEMON-THU
FRI-SUN
7-NIGHT
Studio3847683,840
Studio Plus6001,2006,000
Studio Plus
(part of 3BR Plus)

Sota327

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Do you recall which specific unit type you booked? There are 5 studio types available on the HGVC website/booking portal. Only one unit type references a refrigerator not described as "small," a wet bar, and table seating -- and that is the Studio Plus (STP) unit, at 512sq. ft. (versus all others at 438 sq. ft.). I'd love if all studios looked like that in your video (great video, thanks), but based upon other reviews, I'm not convinced they will all be that nice. If I can secure the same unit type you booked - with sofabed - that would be a bonus because I could travel with two kids and not need a one bedroom (or larger) unit (despite studio descriptions saying they only accommodate 2).

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’m still puzzled over the 20 minutes from the airport. By helicopter? ;-)

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We did a courtesy tour of the model, which was a 3 bedroom including the studio. It was on the 7th floor and the lanai faced the ocean. The view was outstanding and the studio was largest we have ever seen. We don’t usually stay in studios for than 1-2 days, but we could in this one. It had a three quarter size refrigerator too.

It’s probably about 30 minutes from the about depending on traffic. One potential downside that the sales rep noted is that the Ocean Towers are about one mile from the self parking lot. They do have tram that will take you from the lobby area to the towers or you can walk lIke we did. They recommend dropping off your luggage at the bell station, park your car and then go to your unit where they will deliver your luggage. Self parking is $35 and valet is $55. I believe plus tax.

The overall resort is very nice.

Best regards.

Mike

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I’m still puzzled over the 20 minutes from the airport. By helicopter? ;-)
Doesn't seem too far off. Here's the estimate from Google Maps:

Screenshot_20221210_041945.png

A bit of a lead foot and 20 minutes is definitely in the ballpark.

Kurt

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you recall which specific unit type you booked? There are 5 studio types available on the HGVC website/booking portal. Only one unit type references a refrigerator not described as "small," a wet bar, and table seating -- and that is the Studio Plus (STP) unit, at 512sq. ft. (versus all others at 438 sq. ft.). I'd love if all studios looked like that in your video (great video, thanks), but based upon other reviews, I'm not convinced they will all be that nice. If I can secure the same unit type you booked - with sofabed - that would be a bonus because I could travel with two kids and not need a one bedroom (or larger) unit (despite studio descriptions saying they only accommodate 2).

Although I think you are asking @Clifbell I thought I would share the details of our reservation. I booked an STX (Studio Premier Ocean View). It is a higher point room, but I wanted to ensure that we ended up in an OV room. It looked exactly like the room Clifbell shows, but was likely a couple of floors higher. (I think we were on the 4th floor). We were only there three nights, which were week nights in Gold Season, so it was 3024 points. The end of Clifs video shows details on a 1 Bedroom, so not sure why he's in the Studio, unless the video doesn't have the correct reservation shown.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

View attachment 69992

Kurt
Maybe at midnight. There is usually a lot of traffic on that road and Hawaiians aren’t known to be leadfoots.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Although I think you are asking @Clifbell I thought I would share the details of our reservation. I booked an STX (Studio Premier Ocean View). It is a higher point room, but I wanted to ensure that we ended up in an OV room. It looked exactly like the room Clifbell shows, but was likely a couple of floors higher. (I think we were on the 4th floor). We were only there three nights, which were week nights in Gold Season, so it was 3024 points. The end of Clifs video shows details on a 1 Bedroom, so not sure why he's in the Studio, unless the video doesn't have the correct reservation shown.
seems like a wonderful use of 3000 (?new) points.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
seems like a wonderful use of 3000 (?new) points.

It was new points. Worked out to be about $100/nt in points and I have AI, so no reservation fee. We also did 10 nights at Kings Land, so it was nice to spend some time on the ocean. We even went back to the resort one other day for a change of pools.

David M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Kings' Land

View attachment 69992

Kurt
I made the mistake of arriving during this year's Ironman Triathlon.

Queen Ka’ahumanu Highway was shut down.

KOA baggage claim, to Kingsland check-in ... three hours.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Maybe at midnight. There is usually a lot of traffic on that road and Hawaiians aren’t known to be leadfoots.
That was the traffic and travel time at ~11:30am local time there today and I have found Google Maps to be generally accurate, if not a bit conservative. I've driven that road as well, and it moved along just fine. I don't think that 20 minutes is all that far off from reality.

Kurt

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

We did that once. Maps routed us up into the hills and over. It wasn’t too bad really.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We arrived a little after 1:00 on the Sat phase of the race. I think the Women and some Men raced on Thursday?? I got the rental car relatively quickly and by the time I got back to the terminal to pick up my wife and luggage the traffic was backed up about 1/2 way down in front of the terminal. At some point they did reopen QKH, but with a fairly short stop at Foodland, we arrived at Kings Land right at 4:00. It was actually kind of neat seeing the bike portion of the race going southbound. It was a pretty hot day and I ride on a flat trail at home and could appreciate what these racers were up against.

Sota327

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I called front desk at Ocean Tower.

I was informed that following unit types have sofabed, small dining table and mid-size (not full size, but not your typical small hotel size) refrigerator:

Studio Penthouse Premier - Ocean View - SH3
Studio Plus - STP
Studio Premier - Ocean View - STX

I was informed the other two unit types - Studio - Resort View - STD and Studio Plus - Partial Ocean View - SP3 do not offer those features.

Unless others who have booked/stayed in these units want to chime in, I have enough intel to proceed.

Mahalo.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
@GT75

Can we get this added to the sticky for Ocean Tower.

Studio Penthouse Premier - Ocean View - SH3
Studio Plus - STP
Studio Premier - Ocean View - STX

I was informed the other two unit types - Studio - Resort View - STD and Studio Plus - Partial Ocean View - SP3 do not offer those features.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Can we get this added to the sticky for Ocean Tower.
Sorry, almost forgot about this. But our information on Ocean Tower could use an update. Does anyone have an interest in revising the OT Sticky information?