• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stimulus money

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Besides the checks many tax payer's will receive there is the Federal unemployment checks and SBA Loans.

Bill

Last edited:

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Besides the checks every tax payer will receive

You won't receive anything if you have a high income. From Forbes.com:
Upper income folks aren’t eligible for the checks; the payments start to phase out for single filers with adjusted gross income above $75,000; married couples filing jointly with AGI above $150,000; and heads of household (that’s a single person with dependents), with AGI above $112,500. Stimulus amounts will be paid out based on 2019 income (or 2018, if an individual hasn’t yet filed their 2019 tax return).

I can pretty much guarantee that a lawsuit will be filed by someone if this happens.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I want that company named publicly.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Any one have friends or family associated with US Attorneys Office in Texas?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
You won't receive anything if you have a high income. From Forbes.com:
Upper income folks aren’t eligible for the checks; the payments start to phase out for single filers with adjusted gross income above $75,000; married couples filing jointly with AGI above $150,000; and heads of household (that’s a single person with dependents), with AGI above $112,500. Stimulus amounts will be paid out based on 2019 income (or 2018, if an individual hasn’t yet filed their 2019 tax return).

I can pretty much guarantee that a lawsuit will be filed by someone if this happens.

Are the workers still working or just getting paid? May make a difference in companies going under.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Are the workers still working or just getting paid? May make a difference in companies going under.

I'm not sure I understand your question. The payment is based on your most recent tax return. It doesn't matter whether you are working or getting paid right now.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your question. The payment is based on your most recent tax return. It doesn't matter whether you are working or getting paid right now.

If the business is paying the workers and they are not working then they should be able to discount the stimulus check or lay them off. The workers can be upset about it and can quit/protest it. I support everyone and every business to make their own choices.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
If the business is paying the workers and they are not working then they should be able to discount the stimulus check or lay them off. The workers can be upset about it and can quit/protest it. I support everyone and every business to make their own choices.
I see where you are going with this BUT relief for business owners exists separate from the stimulus payments to individuals. A business attempting to grab funds meant for individuals is a gross overreach and should be publicized. I will make future purchases keeping such misconduct in mind.

Further along with your point in mind, I would rather see a business temporarily lay off workers (thus allowing them to take advantage of federal programs) in the hope that such action would better allow the business to survive in the long term.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to look into the enhanced unemployment. My wife works as a substitute a couple days a week when we are in town. I know she would not normally get any unemployment. I also know this stimulus gives unemployment to otherwise excluded workers. Her place of employment is closed now.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
All the shopping malls and restaurants in our area are looking like a ghost town.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need to look into the enhanced unemployment. My wife works as a substitute a couple days a week when we are in town. I know she would not normally get any unemployment. I also know this stimulus gives unemployment to otherwise excluded workers. Her place of employment is closed now.

I feel part time workers will not receive or be eligible to receive unemployment insurance or this new stimulus/relief monies from their state, This is my opinion only.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I feel part time workers will not receive or be eligible to receive unemployment insurance or this new stimulus/relief monies from their state, This is my opinion only.

I do not think it is based on hours worked. I employ only part time workers and they are eligible for all benefits in California. It is based on replacing income, not hours.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

This is a link to the States unemployment pages.

Bill

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

The Federal unemployment program is different and includes classes that normally would be eligible. The Fed is giving $600 a week on top of State programs.

Bill

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Payment is based on the AGI on your last tax filing. Under $150,000 on a joint return, you get money. 1040 doesn't care how many hours you worked.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Payment is based on the AGI on your last tax filing. Under $150,000 on a joint return, you get money. 1040 doesn't care how many hours you worked.
I feel you are speaking about the stimulus money . I was addressing the unemployment benefits monies. Each state established their own rules for unemployment benefits requirements ; example in one state part time workers can be eligible to receive unemployment benefits and in another state that same person would be not eligible to receive unemployment benefits.

Another example when a military service person moved to another state that person spouse may be eligible to receive unemployment in one state and in another state that same spouse would be ineligible to receive unemployment insurance.

Another example some states the maximum unemployment benefits weeks is only $375.00 and in another states , UIS benefits are double that amount or more.

Personally, I pray everyone that have been effective by the Covid-19 such received unemployment benefits. That includes all the restaurants workers, retail workers, barbers, Hair styles, personal trainers, janitorial workers, maids, housekeepers, the list of effective workers is endless.

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I feel you speaking about the stimulus money . I was addressing the unemployment benefits monies. Each state established their own rules for unemployment requirements in one state part time workers can eligible and in another state that same person could not receive unemployment benefits. Another example some states the maximum benefits weeks is only $375.00 and in some states it is double that amount or more.

Personally, I pray everyone that have been effective by the Covid-19 received unemployment benefits. That includes all the restaurants workers, retail workers, barbers, Hair styles, personal trainers, janitorial workers, maids, housekeepers, the list of effective workers is endless.
Found this in a list of FAQs about the stimulus package:

Unemployment Benefits
Who will be covered by the expanded program?

The plan wraps in far more workers than are usually eligible for unemployment benefits, including self-employed people and part-time workers.

The bottom line: Those who are unemployed, are partly unemployed or cannot work for a wide variety of coronavirus-related reasons will be more likely to receive benefits.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel this new eligibility programs for unemployment benefits is opening up a can of worms. The effective employers one day will see their employers taxes rates go up IMO. Only time will tell. Somebody one day must pay this money back to the Trust Fund.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
[Deleted - political]

Last edited by a moderator:

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Because if the article was from CNN or MSNBC or Bloomberg, et al it wouldn’t be the least bit suspect right?

Brett

Reaction score
[Deleted - political comments are not permitted on TUG.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.