• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Recent website updates posted on the website enhancements page

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I saw that Offer Code a couple of days ago. Maybe if Wyndham ever has any specials again, they'll put like a PromoCode on them?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I saw that Offer Code a couple of days ago. Maybe if Wyndham ever has any specials again, they'll put like a PromoCode on them?
Yeah that was my thought as well - but as owners - I've never had access to promo codes or offer codes - at least not that I can recall - wondering if this is going to be a new sales tactic - go to a sales update - get offer codes to get discounts or free upgrades on bookings?

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I own WM and they still break something every time they do an update. Is that the case on the Wyndham side?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Yeah that was my thought as well - but as owners - I've never had access to promo codes or offer codes - at least not that I can recall - wondering if this is going to be a new sales tactic - go to a sales update - get offer codes to get discounts or free upgrades on bookings?
Something like that. Probably won't work.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Not sure what the offer codes item is about - anyone know?
Today's email from Wyndham explains at least one use for it. The email included an offer code ("EPIC20") that is targeted at email recipients only for use for a booking on or before June 30, 2024. They're supposed to deposit the points in either the 2024 or 2025 use year. It says the offer isn't transferable, but might be worth a try.

Congratulations — you have an exclusive Offer Code that could score you 30,000 points. You’re just three steps from this powerful VIP by Wyndham perk.
  • Book a trip to one of 20 epic Club Wyndham resorts using your Offer Code.
  • Kick back on a trip to your choice of a dream destination.
  • Come home to 30,000 points to use within your next Use Year.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Today's email from Wyndham explains at least one use for it. The email included an offer code ("EPIC20") that is targeted at email recipients only for use for a booking on or before June 30, 2024. They're supposed to deposit the points in either the 2024 or 2025 use year. It says the offer isn't transferable, but might be worth a try.

Congratulations — you have an exclusive Offer Code that could score you 30,000 points. You’re just three steps from this powerful VIP by Wyndham perk.
  • Book a trip to one of 20 epic Club Wyndham resorts using your Offer Code.
  • Kick back on a trip to your choice of a dream destination.
  • Come home to 30,000 points to use within your next Use Year.
Interesting. I've not yet received this particular missive, though I'm sure it's only targeted to a subset of owners.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can they make free guest certificates be applied online, so we don’t have to call in to use them? It’s been forever waiting for that fix.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Huh? I have added a guest name online using my allotment, no payment required.
You are very lucky. I just had to call one in last week. They always tryto charge me $99. I rarely use them, but the last time I tried was a year ago and I had to call it in then, too.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Huh? I have added a guest name online using my allotment, no payment required.

You are very lucky. I just had to call one in last week. They always tryto charge me $99. I rarely use them, but the last time I tried was a year ago and I had to call it in then, too.

it’s been an ongoing issue in my account too for the last couple years, but not every time. I used a GC a month ago and it wanted to charge me $99 even though I hadn’t used any this year. I had to call in and have a VC do it.

WManning

Reaction score
it’s been an ongoing issue in my account too for the last couple years, but not every time. I used a GC a month ago and it wanted to charge me $99 even though I hadn’t used any this year. I had to call in and have a VC do it.
Does every update enhance the user experience?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess we will have to wait for someone to report on how this works. One box says "current Use Year". Next box says "next Use Year".

Go Farther With VIP by Wyndham​

Score 30,000 points by booking today.
Take your pick from 20 epic Club Wyndham resorts and get 30,000 points to use during your current Use Year with offer code: EPIC20.

scroll down:

You’re just three steps from this powerful VIP by Wyndham perk.
  1. Book a trip to one of 20 epic Club Wyndham resorts using your Offer Code.
  2. Kick back on a trip to your choice of a dream destination.
  3. Come home to 30,000 points to use within your next Use Year.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Couple of recent bug fixes/updates to the website release page:

1713280447723.png

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A pet peeve of mine! The website has several EXCLUSIVE POINTS DISCOUNTS, most of them in the Southeast. All of them expired on April 11, 2024.

How tough to take down expired, outdated notices?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
A pet peeve of mine! The website has several EXCLUSIVE POINTS DISCOUNTS, most of them in the Southeast. All of them expired on April 11, 2024.

How tough to take down expired, outdated notices?
It's actually very easy to code these types of items to self-expire on or after a particular date so that nothing has to be manually updated. Put it up and then input an expiration date after which it will no longer appear on the page.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's actually very easy to code these types of items to self-expire on or after a particular date so that nothing has to be manually updated. Put it up and then input an expiration date after which it will no longer appear on the page.

In other words, too hard for Wyndham IT.

aams

Reaction score
In other words, too hard for Wyndham IT.
Either though it's not hard to code and automate it may not be desired. I for example would rather have old promos stay till new are available. It gives me the ability to see what kinda promotions were available in past, gives an idea what can I expect. Above all if I took and or made reservation based on these promos I can always come back and verify after the fact. It is a preference and has pros and cons. Maybe better would be to have a checkbook to indicate show only past,current and or future.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The instant upgrades are working! (After the maintenance last night :)) I don't see anything posted in the what's happening page, but glad to see the upgrades are working correctly again.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The instant upgrades are working! (After the maintenance last night :)) I don't see anything posted in the what's happening page, but glad to see the upgrades are working correctly again.
Glad to hear they fixed this bug promptly. It was a big one for VIPs without a doubt. Wyndham leaves a bit to be desired when it comes to documenting their bug fixes/updates on that page - but at the same time - something is better than nothing! :cool:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside