• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Hyatt Points Chart

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
i don't think it has changed since 2017. At least not yet.

drbachrach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the great information in this forum.

I am new to HRC and trying to figure out how to optimize exchanges into Interval Interntional (II). The following points redemption chart was shared in this post: Using Hyatt points in Interval International.

HR to II redemption chart.jpg

Is the chart above current? Are the TDI ranges or seasons the same for every II TDI?

In the case of TDI 95, a range of 90-150 means even below average TDI (<100) weeks are priced (in terms of points) as a high/peak weeks.

For TDI 95 that results in 42 out of 52 weeks being high/peak weeks.

2022_TDI_95.jpg

I would have expected a more even distribution, with something like 50-80 being low, 85-115 (medium), and 120-150 (high). In the example above, it seems like it would be very difficult to "stretch your points" by traveling in the off season. There are no "low" season weeks and only 10 medium weeks.

I would love to learn how people are maximizing their exchanges into II (if it's even possible).

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Depends on the destination. I am actively using Hyatt points in II to exchange into early season ski weeks in late November in Whistler which are priced at 540 points for 1br or 800 points for a 2br. Combining with free skiing on Edge cards during that time, it's a fantastic deal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220530-140833.jpg
    Screenshot_20220530-140833.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20220530-140833.jpg
    Screenshot_20220530-140833.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 93

judell

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I just bought 1 week deeded of a 2 bedroom at the Hyatt Coconut Beach (Bonita Springs), week 50. I assuming I have no points but would like to learn about the Hyatt program as I want to know what I can do with my ownership should I not reserve that week. Can someone please direct me to a "primer" on owning Hyatt TS?
Thanks

Jerry

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
So I just bought 1 week deeded of a 2 bedroom at the Hyatt Coconut Beach (Bonita Springs), week 50. I assuming I have no points but would like to learn about the Hyatt program as I want to know what I can do with my ownership should I not reserve that week. Can someone please direct me to a "primer" on owning Hyatt TS?

You own a Bronze week. Either you reserve week 50 in your unit -- any time between one year and six months in advance of your December week, or you "cash your week in" and get 1300 points to spend in the Hyatt or Interval system. At six months, your unit is "cashed in" whether you like it or not.

If you choose points, you can drop them into Interval, where they are good for two years. If you want to stay in a Hyatt, you may chose any week at any unit -- as long as the total cost is less than 1300 points.

What does 1300 points get? Sadly, the answer is "depends." If you trade down in size or season, you get more time. If you want to trade up, you get less time.

I typically got two weeks each year by trading down to one bedrooms and studios.

Jackieb

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Vista , Four Seasons, Sheraton Deser Oasis
You own a Bronze week. Either you reserve week 50 in your unit -- any time between one year and six months in advance of your December week, or you "cash your week in" and get 1300 points to spend in the Hyatt or Interval system. At six months, your unit is "cashed in" whether you like it or not.

If you choose points, you can drop them into Interval, where they are good for two years. If you want to stay in a Hyatt, you may chose any week at any unit -- as long as the total cost is less than 1300 points.

What does 1300 points get? Sadly, the answer is "depends." If you trade down in size or season, you get more time. If you want to trade up, you get less time.

I typically got two weeks each year by trading down to one bedrooms and studios.
Scoopkona wht is week 49 Hyatt Sierra worth? if i put it into Interval, will I see other Hyatts pop up. Yes i know it is a low week.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Scoopkona wht is week 49 Hyatt Sierra worth? if i put it into Interval, will I see other Hyatts pop up. Yes i know it is a low week.

If I recall, 1100 points. Just look it up "HRC point charg High Sierra." You will never see any Hyatts in Interval with your Hyatt week. You trade Hyatt for Hyatt on the Hyatt website and nowhere else. (Keeps people from gaming the system.)

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
You cannot pull Hyatt thru Interval. If you could , you could conceivably get a week worth more than 1300/870/430 points for those values.

As Scoop said, they wisely closed that loophole.

Jackieb

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see Hyatt with my Marriott and other timeshares in Interval today. Hyatt Pinone, Sirena del Mar, today. Wonder how that is coming through. Just checked it a few mins ago

Jackieb

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You cannot pull Hyatt thru Interval. If you could , you could conceivably get a week worth more than 1300/870/430 points for those values.

As Scoop said, they wisely closed that loophole.
Well i see some Hyatt properties, even without owning one.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
What they are saying is, in II you cannot use Hyatt to exchange into Hyatt. This is because Hyatt wants their owners to use their internal system for trading between their own resorts instead of using Interval International. So the only people that can see Hyatt in II are people who are trying to exchange from a non-Hyatt resort such as Marriott.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score

My apologies - i should have been more clear in my statement. I assumed this thread, being in the Hyatt forum, was talking to Hyatt owners.

You cannot see Hyatt availability thru your Hyatt interval membership. They closed the loophole where you could save Hyatt points booking Hyatt thru the Hyatt interval portal.

Commomc20

Reaction score
Sorry for the very dumb noob question. I’m not a timeshare owner yet but am interested in HRC. I’d like to see how far my points would go on II if I purchased a Diamond week (2200) but understand that I can’t do that without already being an owner.

Am I correct or is there a listing somewhere of how far HRC points go at specific II properties (I realize TDI is on play too). Thanks!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Sorry for the very dumb noob question. I’m not a timeshare owner yet but am interested in HRC. I’d like to see how far my points would go on II if I purchased a Diamond week (2200) but understand that I can’t do that without already being an owner.

Am I correct or is there a listing somewhere of how far HRC points go at specific II properties (I realize TDI is on play too). Thanks!

See post number 5 above. For example, any two bedroom in II would cost 1,300 points, except in low season, when it may cost less.

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar

You can purchase a Diamond week without already being an HRC owner. I bought two of them on the resale market as a first time owner, but one 2,200 week provides plenty of flexibility especially during non-peak times. If trading within the HRC system, you can usually get a 1-week studio for around 430 points or a 1 bedroom for around 800 points. I’m on my phone, so don’t have it in front of me, but the HRC trading points/booking chart by property and room type is posted in the forum files.

ScoopKona

Reaction score

2200 points will get anywhere between one and six weeks (even more is technically possible). TDI isn't really in play except for the fact that low-season II weeks cost less, and therefore give you even more time.

I have one 1880-point week, and have more than enough points for my wife and I. So, while 2200 points is the most efficient way to wring the most time from one maintenance fee, a 2000 or 1880 point week can ALSO work for you, especially if you can get one on the cheap. And you don't mind taking merely four or five possible weeks instead of six.

Commomc20

Reaction score
Thanks all. So with 2200 points, I’d be able to trade for any property I find in II, including (for instance) Westin St John, Aulani, Westin Princeville, etc?

Commomc20

Reaction score
I should have added, any two bedroom unit at a resort in II with 2200 points.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. So with 2200 points, I’d be able to trade for any property I find in II, including (for instance) Westin St John, Aulani, Westin Princeville, etc?

Technically, yes. Hyatt can pull virturally anything. I use interval at least once a year with my Hyatt ownership. You CANNOT use interval to book Hyatt properties at lower point values - they block you from gaming the system. So by default you are looking to trade into other systems ...

What you need to understand is that some of the better systems have an internal priority. I will use Marriott as an example, they are likely the biggest. Other Marriott owners have access to Marriott INTERVAL inventory before you will ever see it in Interval. So a lot of inventory is snagged by Marriott owners using INTERVAL before it became available to non-Marriott owners.

I go off season and have been able to book what I want without searching. I believe from reading posts over the years that you are better off putting in searches and will be able to get some great trades - but it will be work for you. Others who do this can tell you better than me (i.e Scoop) and hopefully will post here also. I just want you to understand that althought Hyatt will trade into most anything, you are often behind the curve on inventory from other systems.

Commomc20

Reaction score
Thanks much that is helpful. So Hyatt points go far in II, I just might not find some of the properties I want available (ie certain Westins like Saint John, Maui, or Kauai) because I’ll be behind Marriott owners, is that right?

If I want to trade for certain Marriott/Westin properties, am I better off getting a Marriott timeshare, or can I still get those if I go slightly off peak?

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks much that is helpful. So Hyatt points go far in II, I just might not find some of the properties I want available (ie certain Westins like Saint John, Maui, or Kauai) because I’ll be behind Marriott owners, is that right?

If I want to trade for certain Marriott/Westin properties, am I better off getting a Marriott timeshare, or can I still get those if I go slightly off peak?

If you really want to use interval pretty exlusively for Marriott properties, you would see more inventory with a Marriott ownership. I am not sure exactly how it works - but I think Marriott inventory is seen in Interval for 2-3 weeks only by Marriott owners then if not taken become available to anyone else who has the power to see it. So a lot of high demand locations are grabbed before they could ever be seen by you. How that works may also depend on its age (how far in advance it is deposited). You can go search "Marriott preference" in the Marriott forum to learn more.

But be aware when I say Marriott - i mean Marriott (not Westin or other "now Marriott" properties that are being bought and brought under Marriott corporate - it is likely Westin also has their own internal priority within Interval). I am certainly not familiar with each system, but I do know that is how Marriott works. This "priority" within Interval has always been based on weeks - whereas Hyatt has always been points and is a different animal.

If you want to have access to Hyatt internal exchanges and Interval, Hyatt would be a good choice. You are not tied to a full week with internal Hyatt trades. With Interval, you are tied to a full week. I really enjoying using my ownership for both Hyatt and Interval. Maybe you start with Hyatt and if you get an appetite for Marriott trades you also buy a trader week for interval. You can also search about "trader" in the Marriott forum. I think most folks strongly suggest a lockoff and you may be able to upgrade your 1br to trade into a 2br and the studio may be able to be upgraded trading into a 1br. The idea is to get 2 weeks out of ownership of one week.

Again i am not an expert in Marriott or other systems but have thought about getting a Marriott trader in the past and read up a bit on it.