• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Give back your unwanted wyndham Timeshare - Wyndham Ovations / Wyndham Cares / Certified Exit

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I wonder if that 3 to 4 months is due to increase in number of people requesting to use this program.
I wouldn’t think so since Wyndham itself controls how many people may use the program and can end it at any time.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I contacted them today regarding deeding back a weeks resort that I bought resale. They said the process takes 3-4 months. Has that been your experience?
I wonder if a points ownership timeline is different than weeks.

abbekit

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
Got the letter from Wyndham today that they have transferred our ownership back to them. We started the process in March, sent in the documents in early June (due to Covid had trouble finding a notary).

Happy/sad. We inherited our timeshare when my dad died in 2000. Never converted to points. We had many years of great vacations but it just wasn’t working for us any more now that we’re in our 60s, travel mostly with our dogs and have no kids to give it to.

Glad that Wyndham has this program for people like us.

Still have some RCI TPUs and a deposit with Trading Places. So we’ll continue our “timesharing” for a while.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
My timeline from the other thread.

May 22 called Ovations to take my Sedona resale (no limited edition) I kept my Bali Hai and National Harbor. They said 6 weeks for paperwork and then 6 weeks to process after I sent the paperwork back.

Aug. 4--I sent the notarized paperwork back to them Priority Mail.

Today is Aug. 25 I was surprised to see that my MFs no longer include Sedona! YAY!

So three months, all in, and three weeks after sending in the paperwork, it was processed.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Sort of forgot about this.

Called Ovations today 5/15
Original request 2/26.
They state they emailed doc to me 4/28. Nope.
Resent via email, now to find a socially distant notary
I had the deed notarized. Had to call back because when I received the emailed deed there was no instructions where to send the deed.
Sent to Wyndham around May 20
Received a letter dates 6/22 on 6/30 stating we needed another form notarized.
Returned via mail with delivery confirmation 7/5
Called 8/12 and Wyn denied they got the form. I persisted with the agent who then did a little digging and found that it was received. She was then able to document these issues and send it to someone who supposedly could move this along.
Called 8/26 and was told my ownership was terminated 8/20.

So for me this was a 6 month process that only happened because I kept calling to check on the progress..... don’t give up, it does work.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I should give back a bunch of my contracts. We own in Arkansas, quite a few, and Kingsgate (quite a few). I think it would be nice to lessen our financial responsibility by those MF's. I thought it was all or nothing, so this may work out for us. We own Bali Hai and Shearwater with our Platinum accounts and wouldn't want to lose that status.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I should give back a bunch of my contracts. We own in Arkansas, quite a few, and Kingsgate (quite a few). I think it would be nice to lessen our financial responsibility by those MF's. I thought it was all or nothing, so this may work out for us. We own Bali Hai and Shearwater with our Platinum accounts and wouldn't want to lose that status.
You can definitely choose which contracts you want to give back. And if you are Plat they might offer you three years of free usage. I had no status so I git nothing in return.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Note As of Dec 2020

Now called Certified Exit
"Introducing: Certified Exit – backed by Wyndham, an evolution of the award-winning Ovation program. It includes multiple ownership options and provides five points of protection for your peace of mind. Call 866-294-3880 for details. "

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Note As of Dec 2020

Now called Certified Exit
"Introducing: Certified Exit – backed by Wyndham, an evolution of the award-winning Ovation program. It includes multiple ownership options and provides five points of protection for your peace of mind. Call 866-294-3880 for details. "

Thanks for posting this. I am finished with Wyndham but would still be I interested in how this differs from what they were offering before.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have updated the original post with the new name/link/phone number

dtorres

Reaction score
I called yesterday about getting out of my F/W St. Thomas Limetree contract (205K points) because the maintenance fees are skyrocketing by 87% from 2020 to 2021. I assumed this was a mistake, but the rep informed me that the resort's Board of Directors voted in October to pass on the costs from hurricane damage repairs and increased insurance premiums to the owners. In the 20 years I have owned with Wyndham (first Fairfield) I have never felt this aggrieved.

I was given three exit options:
  1. Transfer to an eligible family member - no cost, maintain MF for 3-4 months until transfer is complete
  2. Outright Certified Exit - no cost, no payout, maintain MF for 3-4 months until exit is complete
  3. Limited Edition Certified Exit - surrender all of my points (note: I have another 405K in CWA) and use them to travel for 3 years, free from MF
The rep also gave me the address for the St. Thomas BOD, to file a complaint; and she also provided information for Wyndham's two featured resellers, who she said are rated well by the BBB and charge no listing fees (no details on their commission though, or whether Wyndham gets a kick back on it):
  1. Fidelity Real Estate 800-410-6889
  2. Timeshare Brokers Associates 877-624-6889
This is the first time in two decades that I have felt unfairly taken advantage of since owning this timeshare. I guess I'm fortunate that it took this long.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called yesterday about getting out of my F/W St. Thomas Limetree contract (205K points) because the maintenance fees are skyrocketing by 87% from 2020 to 2021. I assumed this was a mistake, but the rep informed me that the resort's Board of Directors voted in October to pass on the costs from hurricane damage repairs and increased insurance premiums to the owners. In the 20 years I have owned with Wyndham (first Fairfield) I have never felt this aggrieved.

1. Transfer to an eligible family member - no cost, maintain MF for 3-4 months until transfer is complete
  2. Outright Certified Exit - no cost, no payout, maintain MF for 3-4 months until exit is complete
  3. Limited Edition Certified Exit - surrender all of my points (note: I have another 405K in CWA) and use them to travel for 3 years, free from MF
The rep also gave me the address for the St. Thomas BOD, to file a complaint; and she also provided information for Wyndham's two featured resellers, who she said are rated well by the BBB and charge no listing fees (no details on their commission though, or whether Wyndham gets a kick back on it):
This is the first time in two decades that I have felt unfairly taken advantage of since owning this timeshare. I guess I'm fortunate that it took this long.
Have you posted it for free with new owner paying transfer fee on the Limetree Facebook group? You might get a taker depending on your underlying week/unit number.
or you could just give it back.

dtorres

Reaction score
Have you posted it for free with new owner paying transfer fee on the Limetree Facebook group? You might get a taker depending on your underlying week/unit number.
or you could just give it back.
I have week 52. I didn't realize there was a FB group. I'll look into that. Thank you!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does the ovation program include Wyndham paid in full resale contracts?
The basic give back without getting anything is available to most resale contracts. There are a handful of resorts that are currently on the unpublished list that Wyndham will not accept.

rpeacock

Reaction score

If I were in your shoes I would contact the BOD and ask them why you and other VOI persons are paying for wind and hurricane damage when you were insured. You said one of the reason the MF's are increasing is because insurance premiums are increasing. If the BOD and management company did not appropriately insure the resort they may be liable (no I'm not an attorney but do own properties). Last I looked the wind and hurricane damage and loss of income insurance premiums (yearly) ranged between 2-3% of the value of the property in the Caribbean. I don't see how that would equate to a 75% increase in MF's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm just coming to the "Certified Exit" stage of my timeshare ownership life cycle. I have a small 77k point contract at Myrtle Beach. It was only last week during an owners' update at Nashville, that I learned about this program. I hadn't really given much thought to exiting Wyndham, but with life changes, it seems somewhat inevitable in the coming couple of years.

I made the inquiry call this morning, and have learned my contract is eligible for the 3 year's use with no MF . . . aka "Limited Edition" is what she called it. I'm still uncertain, however, about the potential for fees in the future, if/when I use the points for reservations during the 3 year window.

Does anyone have experience in doing this program AND using their points for travel during the 3 year timeframe under the "Limited Edition" contract?

Batikit

Reaction score
Just want to share my experience with Wyndham Ovation exit program. I own a resale Westwind 203K pts/yr. I sent the request in Aug 2020 and after back and forth doc signing, it was completed Jan 2021. NO FEES charged but you give up any reservation or points on deposit ( had 406k for 2021 and 100k+ for 2020 use) plus the monthly dues have to paid until process completed which in mycase took 5 months. I had forgotten my dues were on autopay which I should have stopped for Jan and even though it was completed 2 days after the autodraft, they wont refund or prorate. Annual fee was $1848.
Enjoyed Myrtle Beach the few yrs we went but no time to travel anymore even before the pandemic and the fees go up every yr.
Lots of wasted points but at least I'm done wasting $$$. In retrospect I should have just offered here at TUG - wasnt thinking.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
<<SNIPPED>> In retrospect I should have just offered here at TUG - wasnt thinking.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have thought about offering it here on TUG . . . and still may. The thought of "free use" (no MFs) of my points for three years is very attractive to me however. I really don't think I want to hassle with the title transfer process, which is playing into my thought process.

My biggest concern is the hassle of assuring my RCI account (which I've had since 1981 and LONG before I owned this Wyndham points account) doesn't get nuked by some dumbo at Wyndham. I've been told I can protect it from being cancelled (and losing all of my non-Wyndham deposits) but I am unsure about trusting them to not screw something up for me.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been told I can protect it from being cancelled (and losing all of my non-Wyndham deposits) but I am unsure about trusting them to not screw something up for me.
Now that there is a mini-system portal for Wyndham, this might be something you can do by calling RCI in advance of disposing of the Wyndham contract. The Weeks account # and the Wyndham portal account # are different---at least they are for me.

I am thinking it might be possible to divorce the Weeks account from Wyndham by asking them (and paying the membership fees yourself) and that should give you cover even if they screw something up.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Now that there is a mini-system portal for Wyndham, this might be something you can do by calling RCI in advance of disposing of the Wyndham contract. The Weeks account # and the Wyndham portal account # are different---at least they are for me.

I am thinking it might be possible to divorce the Weeks account from Wyndham by asking them (and paying the membership fees yourself) and that should give you cover even if they screw something up.

Great suggestion! Yes my RCI account has as "Split Rock Resort" (my very first timeshare ownership dating back to 1981) account number. I only have the one account number, however, as Wyndham has just been paying the renewal fees from my annual MFs paid to them.

pwolfe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Updated this 12/2020 - wyndham has renamed this program yet again, here is the current link:

Just wanted to put this in as a sticky after my experience today with deeding back 3 points intervals using the Ovation program, it was very easy other than the extreme hold time (45min) to get to an operator for this program.

Here is the current (as of 12/29/2020) phone number to call to inquire if you qualify to deed your unit back to wyndham:

866-294-4194

questions were asked about membership/ownership..and badabing badaboom...we were told instantly if our weeks did or didnt qualify for the deedback. We were informed that the paperwork would be mailed to the owners address to be signed/notarized and that the overall process could take a few weeks, but otherwise this was extremely painless! I just wanted to add this as a sticky similar to the DRI deedback announcement, and ill link a few of the other ovation threads below!

So if you are just looking to be out of your wyndham timeshare, this is a valid option!

you can also read an existing discussion thread about the ovation program here: Wyndham Ovations Thread

6/2016 - Wyndham announces "Tribute" program!

In this new program, Wyndham allows you to transfer ownership to a family member at no cost! A great benefit to those who wish to plan for the future and keep their ownership in the family!

Wyndham owners can go here to read more information about both programs (wyndham login required) http://myclubwyndham.com/ovation

I have a couple questions about this process. If you have existing timeshare points, is it better to convert them to RCI weeks before you deed back to Wyndham?
Also, is this program available for those who have purchased their Wyndham timeshares on the resale market?