• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Give back your unwanted wyndham Timeshare - Wyndham Ovations / Wyndham Cares / Certified Exit

GoldPointer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury (San Francisco); Wyndham Towers on the Grove (N. Myrtle Beach SC)
I can't answer that question definitively, but I can tell you that while our Certified Exit from our Shell ownership was almost complete, we were told we were "not eligible" for an owners' update when we arrived for it, even though the body snatcher had signed us up the day before after great effort on her part. And when we were even earlier in the process, we were given a delightful salesman who made it clear he knew we weren't going to buy, so he was simply going through the motions for us to get our promised reward. So my thought is that once you give your ownership back to Wyndham, you'll be on the "do not bother" list, but I can't prove it.
Refreshing take. Thank you! Body snatchers…hee hee.

GoldPointer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury (San Francisco); Wyndham Towers on the Grove (N. Myrtle Beach SC)
All Wesley will do is have you send a letter to Wyndham asking for a deedback. They are complete garbage.
Thank you. I had my suspicions. And so much of their pitch had the ring of the sales side of this nightmare. (Okay maybe nightmare is a stretch. Bad dream.)

GoldPointer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wow, id have guessed you could have gotten a few pennies for a 1.4m contract on the resale market!

perhaps not 3 years worth of maint fees, but since you dont plan to use that anyway a few thousand bucks would have been more valuable to you!
Well I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Are you suggesting I go the resale route?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I am yes, just sent you a PM.

note youd get WAY more value out of 3 years worth of usage IMO, but the fact you said you arent going to utilize that id think someone would pay you to transfer those points to them.

can always join TUG and post it in the marketplace, id pretty much guarantee someone would buy them from you.

GoldPointer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am yes, just sent you a PM.

note youd get WAY more value out of 3 years worth of usage IMO, but the fact you said you arent going to utilize that id think someone would pay you to transfer those points to them.

can always join TUG and post it in the marketplace, id pretty much guarantee someone would buy them from you.
A PM, eh? Not sure I know how/where to retrieve a pm.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
All Wesley will do is have you send a letter to Wyndham asking for a deedback. They are complete garbage.
Absolutely. I get FB ads for them in my feed, and I used to warn people not to use the company, they were scammers. Now I still see the ads but am not allowed to comment. Scumbags.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
A PM, eh? Not sure I know how/where to retrieve a pm.
sorry, on this version of hte forums its called a "conversation". you are responding to one with me at the moment, its just more commonly called a private message (or pm for short)

when you click on someones username, one option that drops down is "start conversation"

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely. I get FB ads for them in my feed, and I used to warn people not to use the company, they were scammers. Now I still see the ads but am not allowed to comment. Scumbags.
yes, they delete any comments regarding deedbacks and block that person from commenting on their posts in the future.

GoldPointer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They specifically said I could not comment on their company until after I had a successful transfer.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
but hey look, you were lucky enough to post on TUG and now not only are you going to not get ripped off for 13k, but you are likely to get a few dollars in your pocket without any real effort at all on your part!

aint TUG great!

but it certainly shows why companies like wesley financial generate millions and millions a year in revenue!

GoldPointer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes, they delete any comments regarding deedbacks and block that person from commenting on their posts in the future.
They also told me not to contact Wyndham and show my hand. Wyndham would “flag” my account making me ineligible. How dare they.

GoldPointer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
but hey look, you were lucky enough to post on TUG and now not only are you going to not get ripped off for 13k, but you are likely to get a few dollars in your pocket without any real effort at all on your part!

aint TUG great!

but it certainly shows why companies like wesley financial generate millions and millions a year in revenue!
TUG IS great. Thank you all!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
They also told me not to contact Wyndham and show my hand. Wyndham would “flag” my account making me ineligible. How dare they.
because if you did any of those things they explicitly forbid you from doing, youd never pay them 13k =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and the worst part is, they know full well your 1.4m points could not only be given back completely free, but would actually fetch money on the resale market.

yet still they made every effort to extract an ungodly amount of money from you for "help" with your timeshare.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
After 40+ years of T/S ownership, I am no longer "an owner"
We have our 2023 use scheduled for Christmas week. After that, I will figure out whether or not it's worth our doing the exit strategy offered by Wyndham. We only have 77k points (roughly $800/year MF including the RCI membership). Part of me still feels like we can use the points each year and having access to RCI's last minute rental opportunities, etc. may make keeping this one worthwhile.

We have officially divested ourselves from our floating week at Lifetime in Hawaii, so having RCI for exchanging isn't in play any more.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
I just made the call today to put two of my six contracts into Certified Exit. Just to keep track of the timeframe and current process, I thought I'd post here today, follow up when I get the paperwork, and again when the contracts are eventually removed. The conversation wasn't significantly different from the last time I used Ovation in 2019. Here are the main takeaways:

- They didn't seem to have any problem with the fact that I'm at 0 points for my current year, and he specifically said that current year points could be used but not future years. (Note that I'm more than halfway through my January use year, but I'm not sure if that matters.) I don't know what would have happened if I had had any points remaining in the current year.
- He offered me two options - to use a featured reseller, or what they're now calling "Outright" - simply the giveback of contracts to Wyndham with no compensation or usage. I was always planning on the outright option.
- As long as I keep the required points free in my future year(s) to cover these two contracts I'm exiting, I can maintain reservations made with my other four contracts.
- He said it would take 9-12 weeks for me to get the paperwork, then 10-12 weeks to remove the contracts after they receive the completed paperwork back - but also said either of those timeframes could be shorter.

Oh, and of course it's a moving target, but the contracts they're taking are a converted fixed week (prime) at Flagstaff, and a higher-MF biennial contract at Ocean Boulevard. It's good to know that they'll take converted fixed weeks (I have no idea if they'd exclude lower season weeks at the same resort though).

Berzrkr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Margaritaville Atlanta
Alright folks, I'm a bit lost and open to any suggestions... I have 500k points on a UDI contract at Margaritaville in Atlanta. I just bought these a few weeks ago. At the time, I could afford it and had a work schedule that allowed for LOTS of travel (7-on, 7-off). But this morning I learned that my position was being dissolved and I will be moving to a different spot in the company that pays significantly less. I've spoken with Certified Exit, and they had said there were no options at all. They transferred me to another department to ask about getting an extended rescission, and they said that doesn't even exist. They transferred me to Finanace Dept, and they said there wasn't really anything they could do either. I asked about the hardship exception and deferments (as suggested by one of the previous depts). But they said the hardship exception is only for a personal tragedy (somebody died) and deferments aren't an option until the payments are past due, and would only buy me about 3 months. The only option they offered was transferring to a resale department, but I don't really expect that will be fruitful considering the contract is brand new... Why would anyone buy my points when they can buy them from Wyndham directly for the same price? I've been in the timeshare game since 2014, but I've never had an issue like this. So I need some direction from owners who may have been there before. Any ideas??

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Alright folks, I'm a bit lost and open to any suggestions... I have 500k points on a UDI contract at Margaritaville in Atlanta. I just bought these a few weeks ago. At the time, I could afford it and had a work schedule that allowed for LOTS of travel (7-on, 7-off). But this morning I learned that my position was being dissolved and I will be moving to a different spot in the company that pays significantly less. I've spoken with Certified Exit, and they had said there were no options at all. They transferred me to another department to ask about getting an extended rescission, and they said that doesn't even exist. They transferred me to Finanace Dept, and they said there wasn't really anything they could do either. I asked about the hardship exception and deferments (as suggested by one of the previous depts). But they said the hardship exception is only for a personal tragedy (somebody died) and deferments aren't an option until the payments are past due, and would only buy me about 3 months. The only option they offered was transferring to a resale department, but I don't really expect that will be fruitful considering the contract is brand new... Why would anyone buy my points when they can buy them from Wyndham directly for the same price? I've been in the timeshare game since 2014, but I've never had an issue like this. So I need some direction from owners who may have been there before. Any ideas??
You bought direct at retail price and you currently owe a loan on this I'm guessing? You don't really have many options here if you can't afford the payments other than defaulting and taking the credit hit. They'll eventually foreclose. It's not the end of the world. You are severely underwater on the value of your timeshare (which is worth literally less than pennies on the dollar versus what you paid you paid developer).

DO NOT undeer any circumstances, hire any timeshare exit company or any type of company whatsoever that promises to help you get out of the timeshare contract for an upfront fee. They are all scams. There is no magical way to get out of your timeshare contract other than defaulting.

Berzrkr

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Margaritaville Atlanta
You bought direct at retail price and you currently owe a loan on this I'm guessing? You don't really have many options here if you can't afford the payments other than defaulting and taking the credit hit. They'll eventually foreclose. It's not the end of the world. You are severely underwater on the value of your timeshare (which is worth literally less than pennies on the dollar versus what you paid you paid developer).

DO NOT undeer any circumstances, hire any timeshare exit company or any type of company whatsoever that promises to help you get out of the timeshare contract for an upfront fee. They are all scams. There is no magical way to get out of your timeshare contract other than defaulting.
That's kinda what I figured... But I'm not planning to default if at all possible. I spent 15+ years repairing my credit after a crooked real estate agent screwed me over on the sale of my first house (VERY long story). I'm not letting it get ruined again. I guess I'll go back to doing Uber on the side.

...Dear Lottery Fairy.... :cry::cry:

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Also, just for future reference, if you want to win “the timeshare game,” don’t ever buy direct from a developer again, ever. You can almost always (and always with Wyndham) get the same thing for pennies or free through the resale market.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just made the call today to put two of my six contracts into Certified Exit. Just to keep track of the timeframe and current process, I thought I'd post here today, follow up when I get the paperwork, and again when the contracts are eventually removed. The conversation wasn't significantly different from the last time I used Ovation in 2019. Here are the main takeaways:

- They didn't seem to have any problem with the fact that I'm at 0 points for my current year, and he specifically said that current year points could be used but not future years. (Note that I'm more than halfway through my January use year, but I'm not sure if that matters.) I don't know what would have happened if I had had any points remaining in the current year.
- He offered me two options - to use a featured reseller, or what they're now calling "Outright" - simply the giveback of contracts to Wyndham with no compensation or usage. I was always planning on the outright option.
- As long as I keep the required points free in my future year(s) to cover these two contracts I'm exiting, I can maintain reservations made with my other four contracts.
- He said it would take 9-12 weeks for me to get the paperwork, then 10-12 weeks to remove the contracts after they receive the completed paperwork back - but also said either of those timeframes could be shorter.

Oh, and of course it's a moving target, but the contracts they're taking are a converted fixed week (prime) at Flagstaff, and a higher-MF biennial contract at Ocean Boulevard. It's good to know that they'll take converted fixed weeks (I have no idea if they'd exclude lower season weeks at the same resort though).

Well, it's been a little more frustrating and less smooth than my similar use of Ovation in 2019. Here's some more milestones:
- 9/6/2023 I received the email with the two PDF packets that needed to be signed and notarized.
- 9/8/2023 Went to the notary and had one set notarized. In the process, noticed a recurring typo on the second set (my husband's middle initial was incorrect throughout). We didn't want to make a pen-and-ink correction without assurance it wouldn't be rejected either by Wyndham or the county recorder. Long story short, after multiple emails and phone calls* to Wyndham requesting a corrected version, I never received one, so...
- 10/25/2023 We fired up Adobe Acrobat and made the corrections ourselves and signed and notarized that set of documents, and mailed them both off.
- 10/27/2023 Tracking indicated Wyndham received them.
- 10/31/2023 I got an email indicating an autopay had been canceled on one contract (though in true Paymentus style, it actually referenced the autopay account information of the previous owner, not mine, lol).
- 11/1/2023 My main Club Wyndham account shows the contract gone and a current-year negative points balance (it was previously zero).

Still waiting on the same thing for the other contract (which is a converted fixed week so I'm not sure if that's why it's lagging behind or just differences in the county processes). So even with the delay due to the typo - seriously, if I'd known we'd have to fix it ourselves we would have fixed it as soon as we found it - the whole process took less than 3 months. At least for the first contract.

* Included in those phone calls were two "courtesy calls" from Wyndham that were clearly just on a calendar for people who hadn't returned their paperwork yet. The first one was on 9/26/2023, and while she didn't seem to have any record of my previous call and emails, she seemed to understand the issue when I explained it, and I was left with the impression that a corrected set of documents would be forthcoming. Then the second courtesy call came on 10/26/2023, the day after I mailed the documents back.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Well, it's been a little more frustrating and less smooth than my similar use of Ovation in 2019. Here's some more milestones:
- 9/6/2023 I received the email with the two PDF packets that needed to be signed and notarized.
- 9/8/2023 Went to the notary and had one set notarized. In the process, noticed a recurring typo on the second set (my husband's middle initial was incorrect throughout). We didn't want to make a pen-and-ink correction without assurance it wouldn't be rejected either by Wyndham or the county recorder. Long story short, after multiple emails and phone calls* to Wyndham requesting a corrected version, I never received one, so...
- 10/25/2023 We fired up Adobe Acrobat and made the corrections ourselves and signed and notarized that set of documents, and mailed them both off.
- 10/27/2023 Tracking indicated Wyndham received them.
- 10/31/2023 I got an email indicating an autopay had been canceled on one contract (though in true Paymentus style, it actually referenced the autopay account information of the previous owner, not mine, lol).
- 11/1/2023 My main Club Wyndham account shows the contract gone and a current-year negative points balance (it was previously zero).

Still waiting on the same thing for the other contract (which is a converted fixed week so I'm not sure if that's why it's lagging behind or just differences in the county processes). So even with the delay due to the typo - seriously, if I'd known we'd have to fix it ourselves we would have fixed it as soon as we found it - the whole process took less than 3 months. At least for the first contract.

* Included in those phone calls were two "courtesy calls" from Wyndham that were clearly just on a calendar for people who hadn't returned their paperwork yet. The first one was on 9/26/2023, and while she didn't seem to have any record of my previous call and emails, she seemed to understand the issue when I explained it, and I was left with the impression that a corrected set of documents would be forthcoming. Then the second courtesy call came on 10/26/2023, the day after I mailed the documents back.
I suspect Wyndham didn't notice or care about the corrections. They just look at some file reference to match it up to an account in their system when they process it. Pen to paper corrections are generally better as those stand out from typed ones and they may be more likely to see it if they also have to make an update in their system.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I suspect Wyndham didn't notice or care about the corrections. They just look at some file reference to match it up to an account in their system when they process it. Pen to paper corrections are generally better as those stand out from typed ones and they may be more likely to see it if they also have to make an update in their system.
What I didn't want was for a pen-and-ink change on the deed to arrive at Horry County and get kicked back. I'm pretty sure everything in Wyndham's system is correct - his middle initial's always been correct on our account, and on our original deed. I suspect it just got transcribed into their deed/document template incorrectly.

I would hope that even if they don't care about the corrections, that they did take note of them due to the strongly worded cover letter I included where I explained it all. All I really cared about is for them to process it, and Wyndham apparently has.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And today my second contract is out of my account. :thumbup:

I'll keep an eye on my billing and autopay and see how it sorts itself out. I think this month would have already been billed and set to autopay the old amount, but we'll see.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have to laugh at myself because I was thinking about an odd-year resale contract I currently have in process, and I was thinking I know the odds are slim it transfers before the end of the year (I was only ever planning on getting use out of it in 2025 and beyond) but wouldn't it be nice if it did? But then I realized that the negative points balance in my current year is larger than the number of points in the new contract so I wouldn't even really have access to them if it transferred early. Well played, Wyndham! :ROFLMAO: