• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay in order violator arrested

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am glad the pastor was arrested!

A community choir about an hour outside Seattle decided to go ahead with choir rehearsal on March 12. They practiced social distancing, no hugs or handshakes, used sanitizer etc. Out of 61 people who attended the rehearsal, 41 have been confirmed as having the virus and two have died. If I can find the link, I will share. It was on the national news last night as well.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell you what, let's back off making fun of what many consider a sacred Christian rite and sacrament.

I don't agree with what these people did either, but I'm not going to start wisecracking about their beliefs no more than if their religion was Islam, Judaism, Hinduism or
Buddhism.

Perhaps we can refocus.
Sorry, WVBaker no offense meant here. Iam a Christian and believe and take communion. Just trying to lighten the mood a little.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
LOUISIANA PASTOR ARRESTED

Tony Spell, the Central pastor who has defied government orders to limit crowds to 50 people or fewer, said he met with law enforcement officials Tuesday morning and had “his rights read and been fingerprinted” for an as yet unspecified charge.

This is the pastor who was recently on the Dr. Phil show.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
I have no idea what their religion is, so I must have missed the criticism of it.

I criticize the preacher for putting these people in danger. It would not matter to me what religion.

I feel bad for the people that did trust him enough to follow him into a massive gathering.

geekette

Reaction score
I am glad the pastor was arrested!

A community choir about an hour outside Seattle decided to go ahead with choir rehearsal on March 12. They practiced social distancing, no hugs or handshakes, used sanitizer etc. Out of 61 people who attended the rehearsal, 41 have been confirmed as having the virus and two have died. If I can find the link, I will share. It was on the national news last night as well.
That's awful!

If I were an unaffected choir member, I would have a massive dose of survivor's guilt.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
It is possible that they followed him into the group service because they believe their religion is essential. Maybe they think going to worship services is essential for their souls.

geekette

Reaction score
Sure, that's one possibility. But even the Pope was alone for his last messaging heard by millions not congregated.

Beliefs are tricky things. And everyone can believe whatever they want.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Sorry, WVBaker no offense meant here. Iam a Christian and believe and take communion. Just trying to lighten the mood a little.

I got a giggle out of it!

Harry

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I hope we do not see Covid-19 lawsuits. It is really impossible to know who infected who. If it happens at a particular place, it is unfair to blame the place. I just read a story about the small town in Georgia where many people got infected at a funeral. People are blaming the deceased man, even though he did not have it. I just read a story of a woman who has Covid-19 and she was being treated like a leper (at least that is how she described how she was treated by a hospital doctor who was blaming and shaming her). If someone gets it at work and dies, will families be suing the employer? It is bad enough to deal with the illness, death and effects on daily life. We do not need lawyers getting involved. I wonder what happened with HIV/AIDS. Did people sue others when they got it? If Covid-19 is going to be as widespread as the experts are predicting, with the majority of the population getting it, then it seems lawsuits would be frivolous. I can understand the urge to sue someone who is defying the stay at home order and having public services but I still do not think it is a good idea.

Just like the lawsuits that came after 9/11, you can count on many cases being litigated - particularly wrongful death lawsuits due to employers that were deemed "essential" requiring employees to congregate in order to work onsite at a facility. Who knows how these lawsuits will actually work out, but I would be very surprised if we didn't see a plethora of suits as all of this plays out. I suspect we may see large "settlement funds" formed to help offset these types of lawsuits and to provide benefits and care for those left behind.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of course there will be TravelTime.
The one great principle of English law is to make business for itself and if the laws could speak for themselves, they would complain of the lawyers. ;)

geekette

Reaction score
Just like the lawsuits that came after 9/11, you can count on many cases being litigated - particularly wrongful death lawsuits due to employers that were deemed "essential" requiring employees to congregate in order to work onsite at a facility. Who knows how these lawsuits will actually work out, but I would be very surprised if we didn't see a plethora of suits as all of this plays out. I suspect we may see large "settlement funds" formed to help offset these types of lawsuits and to provide benefits and care for those left behind.
Yes. I think far too many families will lose their primary breadwinner. And then what?

Reaction score
On another note, after the AIDS epidemic in the 1980s, many states enacted laws that said a person can be convicted if he/she infects another person with a disease but does not tell them. With Coronavirus, if a person infects others, how will they prove intent when no one knows if they're carrying it?

TS

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
As to religious worship, I am Anglican (Episcopalian for my American brethren). We were always taught, and I agree, that the building is not the church, the people are the church. Your faith can be practised anywhere, even alone. The church building is just a convenient meeting place. If the Pope can give his blessing with Vatican Square empty, and Muslims are told they cannot visit Mecca, perhaps certain Christian pastors should heed the message, too. :censored:

As to lawyers, I offer all due respect to my friends who are lawyers for the following comments. I suspect many of them would laugh and agree with me. Fewer lawyers in the world would be a good start in correcting much that is wrong today (and that is not a reference to the pandemic). However, we should always be worried about unemployed lawyers since that gives them time to think, which is always dangerous to the rest of us!! :devilish::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Yesterday, Florida began a state-wide stay-at-home law. Who is exempt? Churches, as well as groceries and other essential businesses. Governor DeSantis said that churches should follow the 20% occupancy limit and 6' (two arm-length) distance. Constitutional lawyers are saying banning gatherings is constitutional, as it does not infringe on a person's religion or freedom of assembly.All because it applies to everyone.

TS

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A 19-year-old girl was cited in PA with a $200 fine for driving around after a stay-at-home order was enacted. I think that is wrong. My neighbors go driving just to get out of the house. They look at scenery or stop at rural parks to walk around. It is going into places with other people that is bad. There was also a report that staying cooped up in the house could be more harmful than getting out a little. I think it referred to getting the virus, too, not just domestic violence, etc. I heard it in passing.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
A 19-year-old girl was cited in PA with a $200 fine for driving around after a stay-at-home order was enacted. I think that is wrong. My neighbors go driving just to get out of the house. They look at scenery or stop at rural parks to walk around. It is going into places with other people that is bad. There was also a report that staying cooped up in the house could be more harmful than getting out a little. I think it referred to getting the virus, too, not just domestic violence, etc. I heard it in passing.
As far as I understand, stay at home means just that. The problem, I think, is that person while driving around would then think they could just get out of the car and walk around, therefore possibly passing on the virus.
Our city has now banned parking in our city parks for just that reason. We can walk, jog or ride our bikes as long as we stay 6 feet apart.
Our advisories do not forbid people from going outside, it just says we must keep our physical distances at all times and only 5 family members (who live in the same household) can be together, which does not mean we can include our friends or neighbours in this count. We live in a 6 story condo, and it seems we are following the rules and are being very thoughtful about our neighbours. For those who cannot walk far, we have a large outdoor parking area, and residents, usually just 2 at a time, are walking there, keeping their distance from one another.
This pandemic is extremely difficult for everyone and especially our essential services people. If we do not think these measures apply to us then more people will get this virus and die, how frightening is that.
I have a feeling we will be in this situation into the summer, which is depressing to say the least.

geekette

Reaction score
Our order in early March was Level 1 Travel Advisory. We know that means that we can be ticketed for travel, like we would be in an ice storm. Exemptions for pharmacy, grocery, keeping residence running safely, dr appts. Essential travel only.

Part of it is to prevent car accidents and other distressed-motorist incidents, our own safety, and safety of all essential workers. Emergency vehicles have the right of way and you don't want to be in the way of that. We did not get a joyriding exemption, nor an exercise exemption. Every time I take my car out, I could be ticketed. I have no idea how many people are out and about, because I'm not. My truck driver brother said those little Amazon delivery trucks are everywhere. He is now hauling only food vs his previous JC Penney's route. I would question how much of what Amazon trucks are delivering is "essential" but that's Amazon's issue to contend with in every area in which they are operating.

In the cited example, there was something else going on. Either a vehicle issue (broken tail light?) or moving violation. It was not elaborated on. She wasn't fined just for being out.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
There was also a report that staying cooped up in the house could be more harmful than getting out a little. I think it referred to getting the virus, too, not just domestic violence, etc. I heard it in passing.

Re the virus: You’re kidding, right? Because if you’re serious, you need to change the channel and hear other things in passing instead. Besides, who are you passing these days? You’re supposed to be home!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Domestic violence cases reviewed by the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office have increased more than 48 percent over the last two weeks, a spike that is being partially blamed on the coronavirus pandemic.

Sadly this is going to be a problem throughout the country.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Domestic violence cases reviewed by the Kent County Prosecutor’s Office have increased more than 48 percent over the last two weeks, a spike that is being partially blamed on the coronavirus pandemic.

Sadly this is going to be a problem throughout the country.
Indeed - we should expect the following:

1) A spike in the birth rate around the end of the year
2) A spike in divorce cases
3) A decrease in property crimes in and around the home
4) An increase in white collar crime

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
And of course, we have the other sad effect of shelter in place, stay at home or whatever the hell you want to call it.

The coronavirus pandemic has closed schools and child care services which have mandatory reporters who can keep track of at-risk children.

It may be that after we no longer have to practice social distancing, that these cases are just going to come in large numbers, because when the children return to school or day care, people will recognize that there has been maltreatment in the interim.

During the last economic downturn, The Great Recession, that occurred from 2007 to 2009, the rate of abusive head trauma, formerly known as “shaken baby syndrome,” increased by 65 percent in the three years during the downturn compared to the three years before The Great Recession1.

Well known risk factors for child abuse are social isolation, parenting stress and family stress2 – which most likely will describe the environment of many homes where the “stay at home” order is being applied.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Calling it a Stay at Hone order is a misnomer in my opinion. If you can drive to grocery stores or even golf courses in some states, why call it a Stay at Home order? I was outside yesterday working in the yard and lamented to my wife that the neighborhood looked like a ghost town! She said it was because of the Stay at Home order! I told her that doesn’t mean Stay in Home! People need to get some exercise. Now is a great time to be working in the yard.