• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay At Home Humor

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
1642217745757.png

I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later. I don't have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I have my own pad. I don't have a curfew. I have a driver's license and my own car. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I don't have acne. Life is great. I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People get out of the way much faster now.
Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers. Now they drink like their fathers.
I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row. I decided to stop calling the bathroom "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.
Old age is coming at a really bad time.
When I was a child I thought "nap time" was a punishment. Now it feels like a small vacation.
The biggest lie I tell myself is... " I don't have to write that down, I'll remember it".
I don't have gray hair... I have "wisdom highlights"! I'm just very wise.
If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would've put them on my knees.
Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet.
Why do I have to press one for English when you're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?
Of course, I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.
At my age "Getting Lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came In there for.
I have more friends I should send this to, but right now I can't remember their names.
Now, I'm wondering... did I send this to you, or did you send it to me?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 45224

I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later. I don't have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I have my own pad. I don't have a curfew. I have a driver's license and my own car. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I don't have acne. Life is great. I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People get out of the way much faster now.
Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers. Now they drink like their fathers.
I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row. I decided to stop calling the bathroom "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.
Old age is coming at a really bad time.
When I was a child I thought "nap time" was a punishment. Now it feels like a small vacation.
The biggest lie I tell myself is... " I don't have to write that down, I'll remember it".
I don't have gray hair... I have "wisdom highlights"! I'm just very wise.
If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would've put them on my knees.
Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet.
Why do I have to press one for English when you're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?
Of course, I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.
At my age "Getting Lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came In there for.
I have more friends I should send this to, but right now I can't remember their names.
Now, I'm wondering... did I send this to you, or did you send it to me?
To the OP.
Those statement above are so true. Now I'm wondering...Did I post a reply on TUG or did I send this to the Commander - in - Chief. LOL

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
Ha ha ha! Back in the day, when I lived in the sticks of Western PA, one had to make one's own fun whenever/however one could. One day my friends and I were just jaggin' around (that's Pittsburghese for messin' around) near some cow fields and wondered whether or not the fence was turned on. Instead of actually touching it with our hands, we decided to test it the exact same way that the dog is showing in the cartoon -- in other words, a way that is unique to guys with too much time on their hands. Fast forward to today -- I and my friends can state emphatically that electric current, no matter how low the voltage, travels extremely well in a liquid! Boy does it ever!!!

Last edited:

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Ha ha ha! Back in the day, when I lived in the sticks of Western PA, one had to make one's own fun whenever/however one could. One day my friends and I were just jaggin' around (that's Pittsburghese for messin' around) near some cow fields and wondered whether or not the fence was turned on. Instead of actually touching it with our hands, we decided to test it the exact same way that the dog is showing in the cartoon -- in other words, a way that is unique to guys with too much time on their hands. Fast forward to today -- I and my friends can state emphatically that electric current, no matter how low the voltage, travels extremely well in a liquid! Boy does it ever!!!

That’s funny, life’s lessons! Only do that one time :)
Might dare the next buddy - bet you can’t pee on that fence from this spot.
Kids today are over protected, and will not experience real life as it’s meant to be.
Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables when a voice in the dark said, ‘Jesus knows you’re here.’ He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight off, and froze. When he heard nothing more, after a bit, he shook his head and continued. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard a voice....say, ‘Jesus is watching you.’ Freaked out, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot. ‘Did you say that?’ he hissed at the parrot. ‘Yep’, the parrot confessed, then squawked, ‘I’m just trying to warn you that he is watching you.’ The burglar relaxed. ‘Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?’
‘I'm Moses.’ replied the bird.
‘Moses?’ the burglar laughed. ‘What kind of people would name a bird Moses?’
‘The same kind of people that would name their Rottweiler Jesus’.

jesus.jpg

:D Dave

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
That’s funny, life’s lessons! Only do that one time :)
Might dare the next buddy - bet you can’t pee on that fence from this spot.
Kids today are over protected, and will not experience real life as it’s meant to be.
Dave
One time indeed -- and live to tell the tale afterwards!

spirit1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort

I just read this to my husband, a retired electrician.....he told me that the reason electricity travels so well in urine, is from all the chemicals....pure water is an insulator. So..tell us again...how were you guys entertaining yourselves? Mmmm?

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I just read this to my husband, a retired electrician.....he told me that the reason electricity travels so well in urine, is from all the chemicals....pure water is an insulator. So..tell us again...how were you guys entertaining yourselves? Mmmm?
Your husband is correct that urine is a fairly good conductor. Probably largely to the salt. But whether or not it can electrocute you was tested by Myth Busters: https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/peeing-on-third-rail-minimyth .
I recall that their conclusion was that it would be unlikely. But I'm never going to try to find out. o_O

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
Despite all the various alternative ways one can entertain oneself these days -- believe me, we were simple country boys of 10 or so who were bored and decided to relieve ourselves on the fence as a dare -- nothing more. Whatever chemicals exist or don't exist in urine is of no concern to me -- all I know is that, as soon as that jolt was felt, we KNEW without a doubt that the fence was on!

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
Your husband is correct that urine is a fairly good conductor. Probably largely to the salt. But whether or not it can electrocute you was tested by Myth Busters: https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/peeing-on-third-rail-minimyth .
I recall that their conclusion was that it would be unlikely. But I'm never going to try to find out. o_O
Full disclosure -- I never said that I was electrocuted -- I only said that I have proof that voltage travels well in a liquid (in my case, a liquid comprised of urine). Electric cattle fences are very low voltage -- designed to keep the cattle and other creatures from investigating entry or escape. Any country boy or gal will know that all you have to do is lay your hand on an electric fence to see if it's active and all you'll get is a low voltage jolt -- similar to what you've gotten before in a science class -- not an electrocution jolt (a term which carries a much higher perception of damage to oneself).

With that being said, I stand before you as someone who took the dare and has lived to tell the tale. BJRSanDiego states the logical approach to such a dare: "But I'm never going to try to find out." Unfortunately, boys of 10 don't have a whole lot of logic to fall back on when there's a dare in the air!

All in all, it's now a fond childhood memory that always gets a laugh!

Brett

Reaction score

spirit1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Full disclosure -- I never said that I was electrocuted -- I only said that I have proof that voltage travels well in a liquid (in my case, a liquid comprised of urine). Electric cattle fences are very low voltage -- designed to keep the cattle and other creatures from investigating entry or escape. Any country boy or gal will know that all you have to do is lay your hand on an electric fence to see if it's active and all you'll get is a low voltage jolt -- similar to what you've gotten before in a science class -- not an electrocution jolt (a term which carries a much higher perception of damage to oneself).

With that being said, I stand before you as someone who took the dare and has lived to tell the tale. BJRSanDiego states the logical approach to such a dare: "But I'm never going to try to find out." Unfortunately, boys of 10 don't have a whole lot of logic to fall back on when there's a dare in the air!

All in all, it's now a fond childhood memory that always gets a laugh!
Yes, my husband and I really enjoyed your post. I just thought you might be a teenager...sorry I taught middle and high school for many years...and I can just see so many of my students trying to do that!!!! Anyway, thanks for the laughs.