• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starwood/II - new feature or bug?

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just logged into II...

Under exchange - my units, my Starwood unit placeholders tripled to show 2011, 2012 & 2013 usage years. I also see DEPOSIT UNIT buttons!!! Beneath that huge New section are my existing pending requests and the old 2011 placeholders.

Are others seeing the same thing. If so, anyone want to try out the new feature (aka - the old feature we lost) of being able to deposit a unit?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
What resort is this for?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
This sounds like what we have for Marriott -- it shows multiple years that can be deposited. I don't have a Starwood II account, so I'm afraid I can't check it.

Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
I can see it, too. I wonder if they just changed it because on Jan. 1 we can deposit 2013? If the dates really represent the correct year, that's a HUGE improvement! :clap:

BTW - I have always been able to see the weeks listed this way with my TRUE fixed week, so I believe they have always had the capability.

BUT - it still says:
Note: Contact resort/club to obtain reservation or assignment. 1-888-9869637
So I don't know if you can deposit directly without contacting SW or not.

Last edited:

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see it, too. I wonder if they just changed it because on Jan. 1 we can deposit 2013? If the dates really represent the correct year, that's a HUGE improvement! :clap:

BTW - I have always been able to see the weeks listed this way with my TRUE fixed week, so I believe they have always had the capability.

BUT - it still says: So I don't know if you can deposit directly without contacting SW or not.

This II feature change was implemented right around the time I posted it. I know this for a fact because unlike anyone else here on TUG, I spend all day on II!!! :rolleyes:

It should be too early to use 2013. Plus, we haven't seen 2012 all this year, even though we could use it by selecting 2011. Now we see all 3 as separate placeholders. It is strange that we also see all the old 2011 below that. so i have 2011 X All my units x 2... Even so, this is a welcome improvement.

The other welcome feature is getting back Deposit Unit functionality, albeit a generic unit...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just asked a Rep. at SW and he said they hadn't heard anything about it. :shrug:

He also said we still have to call to "designate our week for exchange."

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just log in and found the same thing.

I got a feeling I'm gonna need a tutorial:hysterical: for this "new" updated page.:hysterical:

maggiesmom

P.S. If someone does have a tutorial for the new exchange unit page please forward it to me. Thanks:D

Last edited:

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to guess the reason for this is to identify which usage year you are exchanging. This would be a plus, since it will be easier to link specific usage years to their corresponding exchange. However Starwood will not give up their ability to pick the weeks for exchange - it will never be back to what it was. The process of depositing will be the same, accept you can easily identify in II that you ar depositing your 2011 or 2012 week. Right now there is nothing in II identifying which usage year is being used for an exchange - it's whatever is available next, which is between the owner and Starwood, but not visible in II.

Last edited:

susan6103

TUG Member
Reaction score
not sure how to use new feature

i called starwood to deposit my 2012 week last week.
with this new functionality, i tried to click exchange on my 2012 week and it takes me to the deposit page but then when i tried to plug in my info i got the message "Payback Resort Not Allow To Deposit."
so - it wont even let me search available inventory right now...
:wall:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Two steps forward, one step backward...

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of my units are listed in both the new way and the old way- it looks as if I hae double the units I actually own. It will be interesting to see how long this new "upgrade" lasts before it changes again.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is more of the II BUG part:

It shows all the new stuff under the heading of SDI, not SI2.

When clicking Exchange, I see it listed as:
Villas of Cave Creek - Gold Plus/Red • VC3

Perhaps this is not a new feature at all, but rather a screw up which mixed up Sheraton Desert Oasis weeks when II tried to pull Villas of Cave Creek out of the Starwood ownership rules???

I don't know whether to laugh or bang my head against the wall or just shrug my shoulders. I guess I will try all three. :hysterical: :wall: :shrug:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. I just learned how to search with my units (WKORV and WKORVN) on II the last couple of days, and now this is completely different! I have no search capability at all! Are we going to have to deposit a unit first to do a search from now on?

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
And one more thing, I have yet to see my Sheraton Desert Oasis 2012 MF bill. Perhaps there is more going on here, eh?

I'm just kidding & I highly doubt it. No intent to start rumors. But then again, one can hope the HOA would learn from Villas of Cave Creek's lead, right? Wishful thinking on my part.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Crazy. I have SDO and I am seeing 2011, 2012, 2013 under "Sheraton Desert Oasis" (3 entries for each, 1beda, 1bedb, 2bed).

Then under "Sheraton Desert Oasis - Gold Plus/Red" I see 4 more entries for 2011, the 1bedA, 1bedB, 2bed plus a pending request on my 1bedA.

That makes no sense because I have used all my 2011 weeks and would have actually used 2012 1beda for my pending request.

I only asked Starwood to make my 2012 available so what is going on? :ponder:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Crazy. I have SDO and I am seeing 2011, 2012, 2013 under "Sheraton Desert Oasis" (3 entries for each, 1beda, 1bedb, 2bed).

Then under "Sheraton Desert Oasis - Gold Plus/Red" I see 4 more entries for 2011, the 1bedA, 1bedB, 2bed plus a pending request on my 1bedA.

That makes no sense because I have used all my 2011 weeks and would have actually used 2012 1beda for my pending request.

I only asked Starwood to make my 2012 available so what is going on? :ponder:

Some of this happened with my Marriott account -- even though my fixed week had passed (and been used ;) ), II didn't know that, and therefore kept the floating 2010 week in my II account that I could search with up until 12/31/10. So....II doesn't get updated if you actually use your week.

So I would interpret your different options as surrogates for your actual week, and if you try search with them, it will ask you for a reservation # (enter a fake one and a fake week) and then it will let you search.

Good luck!

Greg

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same for me. I can't search for anything right now. II thinks my SDO is actually VCC. I will just wait it out. I can't deposit my 2013 until January 1, 2012, so no rush. I'm sure II will fix it by then.

Here is more of the II BUG part:

It shows all the new stuff under the heading of SDI, not SI2.

Villas of Cave Creek - Gold Plus/Red • VC3

Perhaps this is not a new feature at all, but rather a screw up which mixed up Sheraton Desert Oasis weeks when II tried to pull Villas of Cave Creek out of the Starwood ownership rules???

I don't know whether to laugh or bang my head against the wall or just shrug my shoulders. I guess I will try all three. :hysterical: :wall: :shrug:

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Villas of Cave Creek

I also see Villas of Cave Creek instead of the SDO I own. I checked two or three times, then gave up. Isn't Villas of Cave Creek the property that Starwood is dropping?

I have SDO EOY even and EOY odd. My usage doesn't start until 2012, but I now see weeks in 2011, 2012, 2013.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
On my units page I have the "new" design and the old one. But now it won't let me log out( I have cleared the cookies). I have no idea of what's going on.

This is for my SVR 2 Bd L/O EOY(Even Yr) Float & SDO 1 Lg EOY(Odd Yr) Float.

Hope this gets fixed soon. I can see it listed for both TS 2011 to 2013, but the 1 bed shows as 0 and on the L/O it does not show the A side or B side, but still does on the older version as nothing has changed :shrug: .

maggiesmom

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fixed???

Looks like the issue is fixed.

Just the 2011 units are showing and available for searches.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Looks like the issue is fixed.

Just the 2011 units are showing and available for searches.

Yes, mine is all back to 'normal' too!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So - this proves that they CAN do it - if they want to... Which they apparently don't. :doh: